X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sven Draconian
    Not a Scandanavian
    • Feb 2009

I think my "new" PS3 is about to take a dump. It's getting loud when it reads disk and it's starting to get really slow during load times. F.M.L.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

I officially have my wife hooked on Borderlands.

Since it's free thanks to the awesomeness that is PS+, I downloaded it on her PS3. We started playing the other day. I gave her my old bluetooth headset, the one I had before I got the official Sony one, and it works flawlessly, even better than I remember it working for me. Ha. So I play my disc version and she's playing the digital version. Now every time she has a free moment, instead of watching Netflix she asks "Can we play Borderlands?" I knew I married her for a reason.
      I'm wondering if I should buy that DLC pack for her now too?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

I don't want to say something negative in the Borderlands 2 thread and derail discussion, but what is the draw for this game? The cartoonish graphics really turn me off, as I wanted to get into the first game but never tried it due to that. I like Crackdown, which has a similar graphics style, but the absurdity in your powers was a big draw. So what's the draw for Borderlands?

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          I don't want to say something negative in the Borderlands 2 thread and derail discussion, but what is the draw for this game? The cartoonish graphics really turn me off, as I wanted to get into the first game but never tried it due to that. I like Crackdown, which has a similar graphics style, but the absurdity in your powers was a big draw. So what's the draw for Borderlands?
          The humor, co-op, and the loot do it for me. I can see why people didn't like the first Borderlands, but I just love seeing those baddies bursting open like piñata with that precious loot falling out.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

- I actually love the comicbook graphics, sets it apart from every other hyper-realistic looking FPS
            - Fun Co-op
            - Sheer amount of weapon diversity
            - hilarious characters/tasks
            - Customizable Class builds
            - Amount of Content [DLC was for the most part AWESOME - except for UnderDome]
            - LOOT

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Eh, I've never understood why an art style would keep someone from playing a video game, first of all. But besides that, it's some fantastic co-op play, never takes itself to seriously, and really pulls off the action RPG better than pretty much anything else. I can only hope that BL2 continues the tradition.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SethMode
                Eh, I've never understood why an art style would keep someone from playing a video game, first of all. But besides that, it's some fantastic co-op play, never takes itself to seriously, and really pulls off the action RPG better than pretty much anything else. I can only hope that BL2 continues the tradition.
                It just doesn't appeal to me, but like I said, I've made an exception in the past. For you all who responded, thanks for that. Is it still a good experience if you are playing solo?

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

It just doesn't appeal to me, but like I said, I've made an exception in the past. For you all who responded, thanks for that. Is it still a good experience if you are playing solo?
                  I played through it the first time by myself. Some parts are a little grindy, and it is definitely best with at least one teammate, but it is still 100% playable and enjoyable by yourself. Just don't expect much with the story. Some of the DLC got better in that department, but the original story of the game ranges from nonexistent to stupid.

If you have PS+ I'd just drop the 10 bucks and get all of the DLC, even if, IMO, Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (or Zed, can't remember), and Armory of General Knox are the only really good ones. Mad Moxxi is awful, and Claptrap is fine, but just kind of there.

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

i think the art style is one of the draws. its a stylish looking game. they are not as cartoony as it seems while you are playing. But it has style. The humor is over rated imo...so is the loot. yeah you get drops all over the place, but 90% of it is shit. its all small cash drops or ammo that you dont need. you also get the occasional cool new weapon, but you buy and sell guns so often in this game that you never have a weapon worth keeping for long. The story in the game is forgettable too.

the biggest reason that i enjoyed playing borderlands 1 is the fun factor. the game is just flat out fun. i never even played coop, but just playing solo was a blast for me. the gameplay and pacing is top notch. It wasnt too hard and it wasnt too easy. being open world and driving around and having kick ass gun battles was excellent. One thing i will never forget is the super bad ass boss at the end of the game....he was a glorious bitch to battle

i decided to hold off on BL2 because i dont think its going to much more than a $60 expansion. Thats why the over hype going on in that thread has irritated me. the game isnt offering much more than it already gave in the first game. i will find a copy for the pc and play it like that eventually

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Comment

• Swarley
                        A Special Kind of Cat
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by GameSpot
                        BioWare general manager says studio has plans for next game in the series [referring to Mass Effect], as well as brand new IP set in fictional universe.
                        Holy hell these guys are busy. A new Mass Effect, Dragon Age 3 and a completely new IP?? Damn son.

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                          Holy hell these guys are busy. A new Mass Effect, Dragon Age 3 and a completely new IP?? Damn son.
                          That's about as busy as they were a year ago with The Old Republic about to come out. I'm not really sure I want a new Mass Effect though.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

FTL looks interesting. I might get a copy this weekend.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                              True Blue
                              • Feb 2009

anyone else picking up torchlight 2 tomorrow? $19.99 on steam and you get a copy of the original game (if you preorder). looks great so far. diablo 3 was a bit of a disappointment for myself so im looking forward to trying this out. if anyone is peeling themselves away from borderlands 2 to play add me on steam (crimsonghost56)

Comment

• Swarley
                                A Special Kind of Cat
                                • Jul 2010

Comment

Working...