X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

So, I'm kicking around biting the bullet and getting a PS4 tomorrow, but I'm also having a hell of a time justifying a reason why outside of just getting something new. Looking at the games list is extremely underwhelming. Anyone care to try and push me over the edge?

I can say up front that I'm interested in Second Son, but not for more than say, 20-30 bucks. Other than that, I'm having trouble finding anything that grabs me.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Has anyone played Sacred Citadel? It's on sale on Xbox Live this week for just a few bucks. It has a nice art style and looks to play like Castle Crashers but has character classes like Dragon's Crown. It has loot and leveling and cool boss fights. It also has three player co-op.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

I tried the trial and it didn't really grab me. It was a while ago, but it was just something about the way it controlled that didn't feel "right". I'll have to give it another shot.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
          I tried the trial and it didn't really grab me. It was a while ago, but it was just something about the way it controlled that didn't feel "right". I'll have to give it another shot.
          It seems like it could be fun if you, me and one other could co - op.

As for your PS4 question, there really aren't any super intriguing games now to justify a purchase. Infamous is awesome and there are several great indie games out and releasing soon. Plus TLOU Remastered this Tuesday.

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            It seems like it could be fun if you, me and one other could co - op.

As for your PS4 question, there really aren't any super intriguing games now to justify a purchase. Infamous is awesome and there are several great indie games out and releasing soon. Plus TLOU Remastered this Tuesday.
            I'll let you know if I pick it up.

As for picking up the PS4, I think that I'm going to wait. Maybe I'll just get the controller and play some games with it. I believe that I will like Infamous, but I don't really want it for 60 bucks, and the indie games I'll either have already or get for cheaper on PC. And consider me in the minority here as far as caring about TLOU Remastered.

I guess I'll just wait and see how Destiny looks.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

I would agree with your decision to wait on a PS4. At least wait until Destiny, and possibly later, and see what comes out you like in the meantime. As always, exclusives come into play once more, and while I anticipate seeing less exclusives this generation, the quality of them will still drive console sales.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                So, I'm kicking around biting the bullet and getting a PS4 tomorrow, but I'm also having a hell of a time justifying a reason why outside of just getting something new. Looking at the games list is extremely underwhelming. Anyone care to try and push me over the edge?

I can say up front that I'm interested in Second Son, but not for more than say, 20-30 bucks. Other than that, I'm having trouble finding anything that grabs me.
                I'd throw in a vote for Wolfenstein: The New Order but once you've finished the story, you either play it again for the alternative storyline or put it down.

Other than that, Rayman Legends if you dig platforming and Assassin's Creed IV is a solid "get" as well.

Then again, you can grab all three for PC and probably for cheaper so...

...maybe wait for Destiny?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Yeah, all of those games are multi platform...

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Did anyone wind up playing\getting RBI Baseball for android? Was it any damn good?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Games on phones are dumb.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Yeah, I already have Wolfenstein, Rayman Legends and AC4 on my PC.

If only I weren't so curious about Second Son, this would have been so obviously a slam dunk situation as far as waiting.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by 1ke
                          Did anyone wind up playing\getting RBI Baseball for android? Was it any damn good?
                          It doesn't have stat tracking or anything, very few animations. I'm sure it's good for a mobile game, but from someone who has lots of time in with MLB The Show, I couldn't go for it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Well, if it's any consolation, I think I got around 50 hrs worth of gameplay out of inFamous with the two play throughs. Not counting the extra Paper Trail missions. Plus the DLC comes out in August I believe. You could also check out the Destiny beta.
                            Although I'm not sure that's enough to plunk down $400.
                            I would say that if you had been 'buying' all the free PS+ games since launch it would be worth it.

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              I would say that if you had been 'buying' all the free PS+ games since launch it would be worth it.
                              Yeah, that's the biggest bummer, really. I could have done this a year ago and gotten a lot of games for free, considering I had PS+ this whole year anyway. Ah well. Perhaps I will just buy a controller.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Finished ME2 again.

Now it's time to save the Galaxy... again.

At some point these assholes need to learn to stop being wussies and take care of themselves.

It's not like there's clones of Shepard out in the wild or anything... right?

Comment

Working...