• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Misogi
    :misogi:
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by IamMedellin
    Ladies and Gentlemen...

the moral of the story is, Capcom has no problem releasing broken Games; as we've seen with MvC3 and Dead Rising 2; bc their business model is built upon re-releasing those games with patch and a few trinkets for a $40 price tag ...

So for all of those gamers who have their eye on SF vs Tekken, Buyer beware...it's basically a $60 beta, patchwork + a few new stages/fighters will be released 6-10 months later for $40
    If i recall correctly with mvc3 it was supposed to be DLC, but with the earthquakes that happened they thought it'd be more feasible to go to disc. Dead Rising 2? Didn't really play that too much.

Still gonna buy SF x Tekken day one, from what I've seen this game looks a lot better than i expected.

And I'm pretty sure the "moral of the story" had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which was backwards compatibility..

..but alright yeah.
    * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

The Mortal Kombat reboot is going to release a "Komplete Edition" with all the DLC next week...

Great for those who've been holding out.

Also, SSX will get mad buys while Binary Domain will be on-sale in a few weeks.

Thanks for the impeccable advertising, SEGA.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Misogi
        If i recall correctly with mvc3 it was supposed to be DLC, but with the earthquakes that happened they thought it'd be more feasible to go to disc.
        I still don't understand that excuse. How is it easier to press a disc and ship them to retailers than it is to release patches and updates online?

Capcom is notorious for re-releasing games with some added content.

Comment

• Misogi
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
          I still don't understand that excuse. How is it easier to press disc and ship them to retailers than it is to release patches and updates online?

Capcom is notorious for re-releasing games with some added content.
          Releasing Patches and updates online during a crisis won't exactly work the best results for your sales.

This is exactly what Mortal Kombat Complete edition is though....only it's the exact same game. No backwards compatibility, just the same game with all the DLC added, even though it's already available.

Comment

• Bomberooski
            #GoHawks
            • Feb 2009

4 more hours of Borderlands today. Still awesome
            I give rep not thanks
            My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• DomePatrol
              Urdnot Style
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jfhennedy
              Deathguise. Before Trance Kuja.
              Damn I cant even remember how I beat him, but I do remember him being easier than the kuja and necron. Necron was fucking ridiculous. Who is in your party by the way?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Releasing Patches and updates online during a crisis won't exactly work the best results for your sales.

This is exactly what Mortal Kombat Complete edition is though....only it's the exact same game. No backwards compatibility, just the same game with all the DLC added, even though it's already available.
                Yeah, but I have vanilla MK and I can play with someone that just bought Complete. That's a HUGE deal. You're not screwing over your biggest fans that way. Chances are the biggest MK fans bought the game at or near launch. Then they bought all the DLC as it was released. They don't have to go out and buy this new edition because it is the same. Whereas the way Capcom does it they are forced to buy the new game.

Comment

• j.hen
                  Self Care
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DomePatrol
                  Damn I cant even remember how I beat him, but I do remember him being easier than the kuja and necron. Necron was fucking ridiculous. Who is in your party by the way?
                  I have Kusher (Zidane) Mary J (Princess) Reefers (Vivi) and Weed (The bodyguard knight who's real name escapes me right now)

I've come to the conclusion I'll have to level up a shit ton more and then teleport back to the ship to restock in hi-potions/etc. then make the trek back to Kuja all over again to be able to beat deathguise. There's no fuckin' way I beat him now.

Comment

• Misogi
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    Yeah, but I have vanilla MK and I can play with someone that just bought Complete. That's a HUGE deal. You're not screwing over your biggest fans that way. Chances are the biggest MK fans bought the game at or near launch. Then they bought all the DLC as it was released. They don't have to go out and buy this new edition because it is the same. Whereas the way Capcom does it they are forced to buy the new game.
                    They have to buy the new game because well...it's a new game.

It's like trying to play someone on madden '12 with your copy of madden '11. That'd just be dumb to me..

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

They have to buy the new game because well...it's a new game.

It's like trying to play someone on madden '12 with your copy of madden '11. That'd just be dumb to me..
                      thats not really a fair comparision, im sure madden would patch a broken game, update the rosters...

NOW if madden came out with a Playoff edition that had all of the updated playoff rosters and probowl teams n patched dynasty modes And sold it for $40 while not allowing for backwards compatability half a year later...

then thats a fair comparision

Comment

• IamMedellin
                        Everything Burns...
                        • Nov 2008

Comment

• IamMedellin
                          Everything Burns...
                          • Nov 2008

Still gonna buy SF x Tekken day one, from what I've seen this game looks a lot better than i expected.

I'll wait for SF x Tekken: Hyper Fighting edition 6 months after the original's release....

Comment

• Misogi
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                            thats not really a fair comparision, im sure madden would patch a broken game, update the rosters...

NOW if madden came out with a Playoff edition that had all of the updated playoff rosters and probowl teams n patched dynasty modes And sold it for $40 while not allowing for backwards compatability half a year later...

then thats a fair comparision
                            Capcom patches their games, just not on a balance-tweak overload that MK does. They fix it so that shit isn't broken (or at least in their minds), and that everything works as intended.

Then, months later, they decide to pretty much rework the game as far as a "what worked and what didn't work, what should we try to improve" standpoint.

Your "fair comparison" assumes that pretty much the system of how things work is exactly the same as the previous version, and the only thing that changed was pretty new characters. And that's not true of what capcom is doing, let alone "fair".

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

It is to my understanding that you will not win this argument vs Misogi. It will continue to go back and forth like a see saw.....let it go Apollo.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                                Everything Burns...
                                • Nov 2008

Capcom patches their games, just not on a balance-tweak overload that MK does. They fix it so that shit isn't broken (or at least in their minds), and that everything works as intended.

Then, months later, they decide to pretty much rework the game as far as a "what worked and what didn't work, what should we try to improve" standpoint.

Your "fair comparison" assumes that pretty much the system of how things work is exactly the same as the previous version, and the only thing that changed was pretty new characters. And that's not true of what capcom is doing, let alone "fair".
                                NRS supports MK, theyve done so since release...

Ur apologist view of capcom business practices not withstanding, you cant deny that a reworked, DLC bundled version of a game that was released 6 months ago doesnt render the original game to appear like a glorified Beta. MVC3 and DR2 were broken games upon release; Capcom saw this; Fixed them and added DLC, then cashed out with a new version less than a year after the original's release. You cant tell me this isnt a bullshit practice bc it is. My only comfort is knowing that consumers have caught on; UMVC3 sold less than 1 million units Globally.

Comment

Working...