X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmore
    The True Free-Man
    • Oct 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJVBsUX-zCM"]Asian Girlfriend Destroys PS3 - YouTube[/ame]

Old but still funny...

Comment

• Buzzman
      • Oct 2008

I really wish Telltale wasn't a point and click game. Who the hell wants to point and click .

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
        I really wish Telltale wasn't a point and click game. Who the hell wants to point and click .
        Quite a few people judging by the Double Fine Kickstarter....

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
          Only Twigg could somehow find a way to sneeze at getting 10% off.

As far as the game, it's Telltale, they make adventure games. Well, that and they tried to make Jurassic Park somewhat action like and it stunk.
          Really? It's two fucking fifty. What an amazing discount.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Capcom Wants Dragon's Dogma to Sell Ten Million

Capcom has high hopes for Dragon's Dogma.

In a recent interview, producer Hideaki Itsuno revealed that the publisher is hoping for international success with the title, pushing for ten million units to be sold worldwide.

"I don't know if other Japanese developers are trying to become more global, but I know we definitely are," Itsuno told Videogamer. "It's difficult, because we really want this game to sell ten million units worldwide. We want to sell a lot, and that's just something that we think we can do. We're not positive [it will be a success]. Of course it's a risk, but that's what we want - a challenge."

Notably, Dragon's Dogma will provide early access to the demo of Resident Evil 6, which is expected to give sales a noticeable boost. Regardless of worldwide success, Itsuno added that the company is confident sales in Japan will exceed one million units.

"In Japan, we can absolutely sell a million units. We know that's attainable," he said. "It's absolutely do-able. We have a kind of assurance that that will happen, but for worldwide that's not so much the case, and I think that's why a lot of Japanese developers are hesitant about going global. It's because they don't have that assurance that it'll be successful."

Itsuno concluded by saying that Dragon's Dogma is a dream come true for him. "When I was a child I always had this dream of making a realistic fantasy open world game, and now I'm able to make that dream a reality," he says. "It's a first for Capcom, so we really hope that it's received well. We're doing our best to make it a great game."

Dragon's Dogma will hit Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22nd

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              So? It's $2.50 off simply for pre-ordering. How much more off would you like for pre-ordering, considering most games you get no money off for it? Jesus man, relax and have a coke and a smile.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

10% off is becoming a standard pre-order discount on PC games. I don't think the guys at Telltale were thinking that it would only be $2.50, but rather, a lot of other people are offering the same percentage discount.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                  10% off is becoming a standard pre-order discount on PC games. I don't think the guys at Telltale were thinking that it would only be $2.50, but rather, a lot of other people are offering the same percentage discount.
                  And regardless, I still don't see the purpose of bitching about it. Twigg will bitch about the difference of $5 bucks between $10 and $15, but $2.50 off just for pre-ordering? LULZ! SO STUPID!

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

So? It's $2.50 off simply for pre-ordering. How much more off would you like for pre-ordering, considering most games you get no money off for it? Jesus man, relax and have a coke and a smile.
                    oh, Twigg is WAY ahead of you...

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                      oh, Twigg is WAY ahead of you...

Like Mrs. Twigg would allow him have that much Cocaine anyway.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

And regardless, I still don't see the purpose of bitching about it. Twigg will bitch about the difference of $5 bucks between $10 and $15, but $2.50 off just for pre-ordering? LULZ! SO STUPID!
                        There's a big difference between the price of an arcade game at $10 or $15 and $2 off of a $25 game (series). Please don't try to say otherwise. And have you noticed that pretty much every arcade release that I have bitched about being too expensive at $15 dropped to $10 pretty quickly. Interesting.

My point is that they shouldn't call it a season pass then. Every other season pass up to this point, at least on consoles, has been at least 20-25% discount, maybe more. It's just dumb, especially considering jack shit has been released about the game. That trailer didn't show fuck all. So if I'm a customer, why risk plunking down $22.50 (SAVINGS OF $2.50 OFF THE RETAIL PRICE!) for a game I know shit about? Whereas I could wait and buy the first episode to see if it's worth a damn and go from there. Then if I do like it and what the rest the only thing I'm losing out on is a fucking McDonald's cheeseburger's worth of savings. It just seems like a shitty marketing decision. Whereas if they offered even 20% off, a lot more people would be enticed to jump in from the get go.

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

There's a big difference between the price of an arcade game at $10 or $15 and $2 off of a $25 game (series).

My point is that they shouldn't call it a season pass then. Every other season pass up to this point, at least on consoles, has been at least 20-25% discount, maybe more.
                          This is not DLC though. It's an entire game broken into five pieces.

It doesn't much matter anyway since you'll be able to get the entire series for $5 eventually, and I'll be waiting for that day...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

This is not DLC though. It's an entire game broken into five pieces.

It doesn't much matter anyway since you'll be able to get the entire series for $5 eventually, and I'll be waiting for that day...

Oh, I know. But they are basically trying to sell it like DLC when they refer to it as a "Season Pass". It's just shitty marketing all the way around.

But yeah, I'll just try it out when it's on sale or hopefully free on PS+.:dtrain:

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

I... kinda want to play it now...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bmore
                                Ah, the classics.

I would say that was Med but we all know he only dates drk skins.

Comment

Working...