X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
    I'll put up a thread tonight and we can start discussing what we want to do for it. Maybe try for the weekend.
    Sounds good to me. :D

Comment

• j.hen
      Self Care
      • Oct 2008

Dizzle, you let me know when you need back up for that readiness in 3. You'll have my teleporting ninja's sword.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by j.hen
        Dizzle, you let me know when you need back up for that readiness in 3. You'll have my teleporting ninja's sword.
        As soon as I finish ME1, I'll jump back-and-forth between ME2 and ME3 MP until I hit ME3 itself.

I'm glad I have a HUGE backlog to sink into so when I'm not asleep/at work/busy, I can play this and stream on my time.

I only wish that I could stream my space adventures right now (Laptop, Y U No Run Gaems Well?).

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Decided to dive into Company of Heroes tonight on PC. My first real experience with an RTS outside of a couple minutes here and there. I'm really enjoying it so far. Got through the first mission and nearly got through the second before I was wiped out while trying to complete the final objective. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow night.

EDIT: I meant Company of Heroes 2
          Last edited by Swarley; 06-26-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
            Decided to dive into Company of Heroes tonight on PC. My first real experience with an RTS outside of a couple minutes here and there. I'm really enjoying it so far. Got through the first mission and nearly got through the second before I was wiped out while trying to complete the final objective. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow night.
            I saw that you picked up 2 with the Steam sale, do you have both? I have been wanting to try both games for forever. I really enjoyed both Warhammer games, and because I'm not huge on the StarCraft model of resource accrual and management, Warhammer 2 was right up my alley. If it goes on sale, I'd definitely give it a shot. I think it would be a good game to help ease into RTS, as you control a single unit of Marines that have varying abilities, with the focus being on combat tactics rather than resource management.

As for myself, I'm really excited to give Shovel Knight a go tonight. Outside of the fact that seemingly every other indie game today has retro-ish graphics, the gameplay looks like an awesome combination of Zelda, Ducktales, Castlevania and Mega Man. I was going to get it for the Wii U just to be able to play it on the gamepad, but damn if the stupid Summer Sale doesn't have me wanting to get it for Steam to procure another card...

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
              I saw that you picked up 2 with the Steam sale, do you have both? I have been wanting to try both games for forever. I really enjoyed both Warhammer games, and because I'm not huge on the StarCraft model of resource accrual and management, Warhammer 2 was right up my alley. If it goes on sale, I'd definitely give it a shot. I think it would be a good game to help ease into RTS, as you control a single unit of Marines that have varying abilities, with the focus being on combat tactics rather than resource management.
              I don't have the first one. Yeah that's what I'm liking about this one so far, it's easing me in. The first mission I started out with control of one or two infantry units. You do take control of an artillery gun, but it's still all about combat tactics.The second missions gives you control of a couple more infantry units and introduces new combat tactics with engineers and having them place explosives on roadways while you protect them with your other troops. I'm having a lot of fun so far and it's doing a good job of not throwing me into the fire right away since I'm a newbie. And I love WW2, so that helps as well.

EDIT: Just realized I said CoH and not CoH2 in my original post. Yeah, I don't have the first. Might think about picking it up if I continue to enjoy 2.
              Last edited by Swarley; 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• j.hen
                Self Care
                • Oct 2008

Decided I'm going to really attack my backlog before that Destiny beta goes live in 3 weeks. First up is getting that platinum for Mass Effect 3. All I have left is to overload 100 shields and there's a Cerberus mission right at the beginning where there are infinitely spawning shielded enemies if you don't exit the stage. Then it'll be time to platinum Mass Effect 2 where all I have to do is finish an Insanity run and Warp 25 barriers (Teaming with Miranda & Thane will knock that out swiftly, idk how I managed not to get that yet)

And that'll be 2 more plats in the bag.

Comment

• j.hen
                  Self Care
                  • Oct 2008

Decided I'm going to really attack my backlog before that Destiny beta goes live in 3 weeks. First up is getting that platinum for Mass Effect 3. All I have left is to overload 100 shields and there's a Cerberus mission right at the beginning where there are infinitely spawning shielded enemies if you don't exit the stage. Then it'll be time to platinum Mass Effect 2 where all I have to do is finish an Insanity run and Warp 25 barriers (Teaming with Miranda & Thane will knock that out swiftly, idk how I managed not to get that yet)

And that'll be 2 more plats in the bag.
                  1 down, 1 to go.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

1 down, 1 to go.
                    ME2 insanity isn't too bad. What's your class?

Comment

• j.hen
                      Self Care
                      • Oct 2008

ME2 insanity isn't too bad. What's your class?
                      Gonna roll an Infiltrator for this Insanity run. Cloak ftw. But I realized I had to platinum these two games now otherwise I fear I never will. Glad I got ME3's plat out of the way already. That first optional Cerberus mission is such an effective way to collect the Overload trophy.

EDIT:
                      Actually I think I'm going to import my ME1 Adept save and try that out. I remember Adepts being pretty damn powerful in this game. We'll see if I hold up.
                      Last edited by j.hen; 06-27-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Gonna roll an Infiltrator for this Insanity run. Cloak ftw. But I realized I had to platinum these two games now otherwise I fear I never will. Glad I got ME3's plat out of the way already. That first optional Cerberus mission is such an effective way to collect the Overload trophy.

EDIT:
                        Actually I think I'm going to import my ME1 Adept save and try that out. I remember Adepts being pretty damn powerful in this game. We'll see if I hold up.
                        If I recall correctly, Adepts were almost impossible on Insanity. I did it with a Soldier and it wasn't that hard at all, save for the fight on that first Collector seized planet (Soldiers are kind of boring, I know, but Adrenaline Rush saved the day like, 1.5 billion times on my Insanity run). I've heard Infiltrator isn't bad either, particularly if you take the crazy sniper rifle the first time you're in the Collector Ship.

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

If I recall correctly, Adepts were almost impossible on Insanity. I did it with a Soldier and it wasn't that hard at all, save for the fight on that first Collector seized planet (Soldiers are kind of boring, I know, but Adrenaline Rush saved the day like, 1.5 billion times on my Insanity run). I've heard Infiltrator isn't bad either, particularly if you take the crazy sniper rifle the first time you're in the Collector Ship.
                          Yeah I forgot you could change your class when you import ME1 saves so I went with an Infiltrator.

Comment

• ryne candy
                            Aggie C/O '01
                            • Feb 2009

It's funny how a year ago, I never thought about buying a WiiU but now I'm thinking of getting it before a PS4. I can get most games on my PS3 that are PS4. I doubt I will get either any time soon.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

All there's left to do is Bring Down the Sky and then I can move onto the next Suicide Mission...

It's going to feel good to move on.

Comment

• j.hen
                                Self Care
                                • Oct 2008

The jump in gameplay from 1 to 2 is glorious.

Comment

Working...