This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

Whats the big deal with the Buy new or screw you mentality. You buying used screws them so they say screw you.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

boobies

Comment

• riley420
        You're goddamned right.
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
        9 days till what
        Mass Effect 2...silly.

GOTY. Bank it.

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Started a new game of Half-Life. It's been a couple of years since the last time I played it, and it's still enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to the release of Black Mesa (whenever that is).

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

this god of war game is awesome. even for a 2005 game, the first one is crazy fun. the cut scenes are totally 2005 and look pretty shitty....but the game itself looks sweet and it runs silky smooth. this will hold me over until ME2 comes out

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
              Whats the big deal with the Buy new or screw you mentality. You buying used screws them so they say screw you.
              Because if I pay full-fucking-retail price for a game, I want the assurance that:

A) The damn thing works

and

B) I get the full allotted content that comes on the disc.

DLC aside, if the full-version game comes with an added DLC bonus, I expect it to be there or still be there if I get the game used.

None of this "tack on an extra $5 to $15" bullshit that game companies are getting away with.

Comment

• Maynard
                stupid ass titles
                • Feb 2009

this whole idea of adding stuff for buying the retail version of the game is annoying. This GOW collection game is supposed to have the demo for god3 but since its a rented game i dont get that demo.

then you have mass effect 2 offering free DLC on the release day so people buy the retail version....EA, it figures. Offering pre order promos sucks too, but it doesnt bother me to much cause i can usually put down 5 bucks the day before and get that stuff

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
                  Because if I pay full-fucking-retail price for a game, I want the assurance that:

A) The damn thing works

and

B) I get the full allotted content that comes on the disc.

DLC aside, if the full-version game comes with an added DLC bonus, I expect it to be there or still be there if I get the game used.

None of this "tack on an extra $5 to $15" bullshit that game companies are getting away with.
                  They arn't making money off you getting it used and a company like BioWare deserves the money they should get.

Its companies like Gamestop that are making butt loads of the used game sales and if you buy used from them the game maker makes nothing while gamestop pockets the entire prophet.

I can see why they do it. If your too much a cheap skate to buy the game new your probably too much a cheap skate to buy the DLC so who cares about you.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• stevsta
                    ¿Que?
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                    Maynard, the boss at the end of that game (God of War 1) kicked my ass. I think I eventually wussed out and went to easy mode. What a great game. enjoy.
                    it took me probably 3 days of trying to finish that level fuck too many enemies
                    RIP

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                      They arn't making money off you getting it used and a company like BioWare deserves the money they should get.

Its companies like Gamestop that are making butt loads of the used game sales and if you buy used from them the game maker makes nothing while gamestop pockets the entire prophet.

I can see why they do it. If your too much a cheap skate to buy the game new your probably too much a cheap skate to buy the DLC so who cares about you.

i see your point, but doesnt a company like gamestop deserve to make money too?

$60 is expensive for a game. then you tack on DLC at a price when it could have been placed in the game for free. thats why less people buy games anymore. its cheaper to rent them or wait for the price to drop.

i am thinking of just switching to gamefly. My problem is that when i want to play a certain game i want it right then and there and gamefly cant do that

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                        Not a Scandanavian
                        • Feb 2009

No. They are the definition of the "middle man." They butt-fuck everybody. Terrible value for selling games, but the developers don't get a cent for used games.

$60 is expensive for a game. then you tack on DLC at a price when it could have been placed in the game for free. thats why less people buy games anymore. its cheaper to rent them or wait for the price to drop.
                        Who said less people buy games now? If anything I bet more people buy the used games. Add in the over-priced games (really? 60 bucks?)

i am thinking of just switching to gamefly. My problem is that when i want to play a certain game i want it right then and there and gamefly cant do that
                        Me too, and the same problem.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

i agree that gamestop sucks, but anyone running a business is in it to make money so i cant fault gamestop for their apporach i can only choose not to use them.

when i said not buying games i meant new games. i dont have any info to support this, but i would guess that more people now use rentals and used purchases more then buying brand new retail. its not just gamestop pushing used, its amazon, ebayers and so on

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Oh I'm not saying $60 isn't expensive because it is and I said in your other thread I think game prices should be lower especially on games that are single player only. (Being in canada I pay close to $80 for a new game)

Having to pay for DLC is something I've always been against since I come from the PC world where it wasn't uncommon for us to get things like maps and extra things added into games for free. The only time a dlc like package was put out by a company would be in the form of expansions which generally were whole other games on their own and while they were price higher then normal DLC currently is priced they were worth it.

My problem with gamestop is their whole business plan when it comes to used games. Although I will admit it is a very dam good idea I would almost say they are stealing profit from game developers in the way they do their business. Trading in is what screws companies and Gamestop has so many people brainwashed with the idea that it is a good thing to do its just hard at this point to stop it.

I can honestly see in a few years games coming with DRM that once played on 1 or 2 machines it will no longer cease to function. Thats pretty much the only way your going to stop trading in and losing money to people who buy their games used simply because they're cheaper. On the other hand they could just make the stupid games cheaper to begin with.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Esjay
                              Luck2Hilton
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                              Is FF Tactics the same on PSP as downloading it on PSN?
                              I don't think so. The PSP version had several changes from the original. I THINK the PSN version is the exact same as the original disc version on Playstation.

Comment

• Rylo
                                Corpse Disgracer
                                • Oct 2008

I'm not sure which system to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 on. You get the limited edition for the 59.99 with pre-order, but ALSO you get even mroe extra content. Good shit too.

I'll probably get BF: BC 2 for the 360, though, as I'll have MAG on the PS3.

Comment

Working...