X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

Just got a PS3. Going to download the Heavy Rain and Bad Company 2 demos.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
      Buckeye For Life
      • Dec 2008

I just made the Sweet 16 with my Gonzaga squad in year 4 of my career legacy (CH2k8). Beat Washington State 76-54 (Sorry Potatoes, if it makes you feel better I shut down my offense in the 2nd half for the most part). Now I'm 32-0 and headed to face Kansas, who is absolutely stacked and has 3 point shooters up the ass. I usually play man to man and mix in a 1-3-1 zone every once in a while, but I may have to go with a 3-2 zone or something. This year, I beat #10 UCLA (road) 69-68 on a buzzer beater, #25 Pittsburgh (road) 78-64, #9 Arizona State 78-71 (home), and #3 Michigan State (road) 79-75 in my non-con schedule (I sim the conference schedule because I am so much better than everyone else but play the non-con and post-season). I play on MOP, 14 minutes, with custom sliders.

Mark Few left me a loaded squad full of juniors who I took to the final 4 last year (went 32-3), but I'm losing 6 guys after this year so I've got a few down years ahead of me. Right now, Austin Daye (currently in the NBA in real life) is my superstar and averages 20 points a game, with fellow senior Steven Gray serving as a Jon Scheyer-like player for me. I've got a ton of experience (I returned all 5 starters from last season), and added a 4* PG with 97 spd, 97 quick, and 95 handles that is a great sparkplug off the bench. Few also left me a sharpshooter from his last recruiitng class and I have a pretty good looking one assembled right now:

4* PG (signed)
      4* SG (100% interest but can't sign yet)
      5* SG (100% interest but can't sign yet)
      5* SF (89% interest, top on list by a margin) - This guy is going to be a star... already 6-8 229 and he is a good shooter with good handles as well.
      3* C (7-1, 100% interest but can't sign yet)
      4* PF (81% interest, in front by a lot)
      Last edited by Sportsbuck; 02-13-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Rylo
        Corpse Disgracer
        • Oct 2008

I wish I was good at College Hoops 2k8. I can't recruit and I can't even keep up with shit teams on Starter difficulty LMAO.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
          Not a Scandanavian
          • Feb 2009

I played CH2k7 for a long time, until my 360 shit the bed.

I only play closed legacy, with a player-lock on the PG. Otherwise it's too easy to get wide open shots all game. Plus, I like relying on recruiting and "awarness" during games. The AI does some dumb things, my team should do some dumb things. It makes it pretty hard.

I never managed to get out of year 3 in a closed legacy on 2k7. Just couldn't win enough games to keep my job so I ended up fired. Did about 3 of these. Plus, I'm ADD so I had a couple more 1 and 2 season ones I just quit. I probably played 10-12 seasons of the game and never managed a winning-record.

Fast foward to 2k8 now. Closed legacy with St. Francis NY. First season was pretty bad, I think I went 7-22. But returned everybody of value.

Fast forward into year 2 and I've finally earned a winning record. I'm sitting at 15-11 with 3 games to go. Plus I have the makings of a very good recruiting class. Signed a decent 2 star PF, have a 7'1, 2 star C at 100% with no compeition.

I have a 3 star SF (ranked #60 SF), who is 6'6, at 100%. I'm second on his list, but the #1 team has yet to offer a scholly. I should bring him in.

I also have a shot at a 3-star SG. He likes my school, but has better schools head of me. However, they haven't offered a scholly and they might not want him anymore, leaving him for me.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
            Free World Leader
            • Oct 2008

i can't believe i'm putting my faith in mlb2k10

Comment

• StealthShot
              Eat it
              • Oct 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSMKSrnJtIo"]YouTube- Clock Tower - Scissorman[/ame]

Comment

• StealthShot
                Eat it
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
                i can't believe i'm putting my faith in mlb2k10
                There's nothing else for w/o a PS3, but I do think the game got better the demo will be the selling point for me.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

The more I play Dante's Inferno, the more I'm hoping that God of War 3 blows it right out of the water...

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

MW2 tempted me for a lil while...but...

I always come back to her

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                      Buckeye For Life
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                      I just made the Sweet 16 with my Gonzaga squad in year 4 of my career legacy (CH2k8). Beat Washington State 76-54 (Sorry Potatoes, if it makes you feel better I shut down my offense in the 2nd half for the most part). Now I'm 32-0 and headed to face Kansas, who is absolutely stacked and has 3 point shooters up the ass. I usually play man to man and mix in a 1-3-1 zone every once in a while, but I may have to go with a 3-2 zone or something. This year, I beat #10 UCLA (road) 69-68 on a buzzer beater, #25 Pittsburgh (road) 78-64, #9 Arizona State 78-71 (home), and #3 Michigan State (road) 79-75 in my non-con schedule (I sim the conference schedule because I am so much better than everyone else but play the non-con and post-season). I play on MOP, 14 minutes, with custom sliders.

Mark Few left me a loaded squad full of juniors who I took to the final 4 last year (went 32-3), but I'm losing 6 guys after this year so I've got a few down years ahead of me. Right now, Austin Daye (currently in the NBA in real life) is my superstar and averages 20 points a game, with fellow senior Steven Gray serving as a Jon Scheyer-like player for me. I've got a ton of experience (I returned all 5 starters from last season), and added a 4* PG with 97 spd, 97 quick, and 95 handles that is a great sparkplug off the bench. Few also left me a sharpshooter from his last recruiitng class and I have a pretty good looking one assembled right now:

4* PG (signed)
                      4* SG (100% interest but can't sign yet)
                      5* SG (100% interest but can't sign yet)
                      5* SF (89% interest, top on list by a margin) - This guy is going to be a star... already 6-8 229 and he is a good shooter with good handles as well.
                      3* C (7-1, 100% interest but can't sign yet)
                      4* PF (81% interest, in front by a lot)
                      Kansas beat me in the Sweet 16 82-77... worst loss of my career. This was a team I should've won it all with, but we choked away the lead late.

I pulled in the #2 recruiting class in the nation... includes a 5* 6-8 SF who can shoot well and has good handles. He also gave me a legacy point for signing a HS All-American.

Looking like a rebuilding year next year.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                        Everything Burns...
                        • Nov 2008

Getting Platinum medals on every level in Bayonetta is really hard..

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
                          Spellin' n' shit
                          • Feb 2009

I'm stuck playing My Player mode. Can't stop

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                            ...is amazing.
                            • Feb 2009

Why can't they ever make a decent Olympics game???

Comment

• StealthShot
                              Eat it
                              • Oct 2008

Disc read error at the end of chapter 3 on Dead Space FTL

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQTetqYZ31o&feature=player_embedded"]Sick[/ame]

I missed the boat, the dock and the ocean completely on this game... picking it up hopefully tomorrow if it's on sale.

Comment

Working...