X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tengo Juego
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

Skate 2 is/was dope. Should be a lot cheaper with Skate 3 dropping in May.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
      Not a Scandanavian
      • Feb 2009

Just finished Year 2 with St. Francis (NY).

Very solid year for us, we finished 17-14 with a tough loss in the 2nd round of the conference championship tourny (Robert Morris, 5 point loss). The goal for the season was a winning record and to make the conference tourney. Check check.

No whiffs on the job boards, not that I was expecting any.

Off-season starts with a nice transfer, a 74 ovr SG (Elmore). And, my starting center grew 2 inches (6'10-7'0). My SF also grew an inch, up to 6'8.

Then we land a 7 player class (I only landed 1 the year before).
      3-star SF Lynwood Davidson (#307, #60 SF)
      3-star SG Sampson (#281 ovr, #86pos)
      2-star SG Gibbs (#753, #199 POS)
      2-star SG Rhet Len Bullicer (JUCO SO)
      2-star SG Wood
      2-star C Gerard Pierce (7'1)
      2-star PF Monwell Moreno (6'9)

Going into year 3 we return are 3 leading scorers. PG Caddel (16pt, 6ast). SG Rubino (12ppg), SF Petricic (10pt, 5reb). Plus we bring back our starting center (5/5, but he didn't start early).

Now we add an upgrade at PF (changed Davidson to a PF because he has a solid rebounding rating and mediocre 3 point, previous PF was only a 5/5 guy)

The bench gets stronger with Sampson starting at the 2, bumping previous starter Rubino to our 6th man (58ovr for Rubino, 68 for Sampson). Our "3rd" big comes back (last years only recruit, a 7'1 JUCO center) and Moreno is a better 4th than we had last year.

Goals for Year 3:
      20 wins.
      Win Conference.
      Make the dance.

Comment

• NateDogg7240
        GPOD #72
        • Oct 2008

Rented Fallout 3 today....im not that far into it...seems pretty good so far

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I played All Pro Football 2K8 yesterday for the first time in ages. Man is that game still awesome.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
            Buckeye For Life
            • Dec 2008

I just got trounced 77-56 by #3 Arizona... my first game with my rebuilding Zags, and I just couldn't finish. It was 51-49 Arizona at one point, but from there on out I couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss.

It's gonna be a long year.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
              Not a Scandanavian
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
              I just got trounced 77-56 by #3 Arizona... my first game with my rebuilding Zags, and I just couldn't finish. It was 51-49 Arizona at one point, but from there on out I couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss.

It's gonna be a long year.
              I'm pissed I missed the boat on this game earlier. The difference in results you get is fantastic. If your shooters go cold, you can lose to anyone. If they get hot, you can beat anybody.

But, ratings still matter. A shitty PF might average 5/5, but can still have games where he goes 15/10, but only a handful a season. Just like your 12 ppg SG can go cold have a 4 point game...just not very often.

I really wish EA woudl take note of this.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Sven Draconian
                I really wish EA woudl take note of this.
                lol wouldn't matter. EA threw in the towel.

You guys are play CH 2K8, right?

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                  Not a Scandanavian
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                  lol wouldn't matter. EA threw in the towel.

You guys are play CH 2K8, right?
                  I mean for NCAA/Madden. The way the ratins (and unity) work is fan-fucking-tastic.

I'll use the example of my PG. He's a 74 overall. In my league (NEC) he's a top 5 player and is a threat to go for 20-25 every night. He averaged 16.6 a night, without me making any attempt to inflate stats (putting in junk baskets in blowouts etc...)

What's great is this:
                  He has a very good layup rating, but he has a terrible shoot in traffirc rating. He misses a lot of layups in traffic, but he's solid with a good look.

He has a relatively low 3 point rating, but a very good clutch rating. He's hit several late 3's to tie the game...despite being a medicore(ish) 3 point shooter.

He has a decent dunk rating, but he can't dunk in traffic. One, he doesn't have the vertical. Two, he has the aforementioned shot in traffic problem.

What's great is how all the ratings work together. His layup rating doesn't make him a stud in the paint, because he can't shoot in traffic. He can't jam over 6'8 power forwards because he can't jump high enough.

He gets most of his points on the break....coming off a screen....or using an isolation. He has a decent mid range 3, and hits a few 3's....but mostly he's looking for space and trying to drive.

You don't get that level of difference in EA games. That's why every player feels the same, except for speed (more or less).

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                    Buckeye For Life
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sven Draconian
                    I mean for NCAA/Madden. The way the ratins (and unity) work is fan-fucking-tastic.

I'll use the example of my PG. He's a 74 overall. In my league (NEC) he's a top 5 player and is a threat to go for 20-25 every night. He averaged 16.6 a night, without me making any attempt to inflate stats (putting in junk baskets in blowouts etc...)

What's great is this:
                    He has a very good layup rating, but he has a terrible shoot in traffirc rating. He misses a lot of layups in traffic, but he's solid with a good look.

He has a relatively low 3 point rating, but a very good clutch rating. He's hit several late 3's to tie the game...despite being a medicore(ish) 3 point shooter.

He has a decent dunk rating, but he can't dunk in traffic. One, he doesn't have the vertical. Two, he has the aforementioned shot in traffic problem.

What's great is how all the ratings work together. His layup rating doesn't make him a stud in the paint, because he can't shoot in traffic. He can't jam over 6'8 power forwards because he can't jump high enough.

He gets most of his points on the break....coming off a screen....or using an isolation. He has a decent mid range 3, and hits a few 3's....but mostly he's looking for space and trying to drive.

You don't get that level of difference in EA games. That's why every player feels the same, except for speed (more or less).
                    And experience/team unity makes a huge difference as well.

One thing I love about this game is that I can have a 2-3 year run where I can dominate and lose maybe 4-5 games, but then after that your going to have a few lean years where you struggle because you have to replace guys.

If this was NCAA Football, once you get good you have to switch schools if you want a challenge otherwise you dominate forever.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                      Posts a lot
                      • Jun 2009

Sven, you make me want to play CH again. I think my homie has it, I might have to sneak it from his collection.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                        Not a Scandanavian
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                        Sven, you make me want to play CH again. I think my homie has it, I might have to sneak it from his collection.
                        It's about 7 dollars at gamestop.

Just staying.

Good point about the unity/experience.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

I would highly recommend The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom for anyone that is a fan of puzzle games. There are some serious mind-benders in this game. I love it.

Good luck doing the "Citizen Clone" level without internet help.

Comment

• Buzzman
                            • Oct 2008

I think im going to try and buy CH 2k8 you guys have intruiged me.

Comment

• Buzzman
                              • Oct 2008

So I bought College Hoops 2k8. You guys made me want to get it and this is coming from someone who hates college basketball and hasnt bought a NBA game since 06.

Also I bought the 2 Mass Effect novels, gonna give them a read in a few.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                                ...is amazing.
                                • Feb 2009

Yakuza 3 demo was...

Comment

Working...