• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
    Yakuza 3 demo was...
    Honestly, it looks like a well rendered PS2 game.

Comment

• Buzzman
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
      Yakuza 3 demo was...
      :dito:

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Once I'm done with Mass Effect 2, I'll definitely be picking up Choops 2k8. I had it once before and am in the mood for a basketball game.

Comment

• Rylo
          Corpse Disgracer
          • Oct 2008

I think I am going to try to bring back my Miami Hurricanes Choops 2k8 chise.

Comment

• Rylo
            Corpse Disgracer
            • Oct 2008

Also... install time for Bioshock (PS3) IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
              Not a Scandanavian
              • Feb 2009

Just lost out on my #1 target in recruiting. PG is my top need and since that's the position I use with my player-lock that makes it even bigger. My current PG is averaging 17.7 points and 6.6 assists a game (He's also the highest rated on my team). I love to get out on the break, and when I don't do that I try and work the secondary break. Most of my points come from layups, either on the break, making a move before the defense is set, or working the pick and roll. I hate the half-court offense. Just run, drive, and dish.

I used the ABL mainly to look for a PG (plus a few centers).

Had the perfect target in Evan Bowie. From Brooklyn (St. Francis is in Brooklyn). 6'1, 3 stars. He hit 48% from 3 during the ABL, when I user controlled him he was quick and could score. Good shooting ratings (my current PG isn't great from 3), solid layup and shoot in traffic ratings. OVR #125, POS #48. Not bad. B+ Potential.

I was leading for a while, have him at 100% in the early signing period, but he ends up going to fucking IONA. Damn.

My consilation prize, Roscoe Jacobsen (WTF kind of basketball player is named Roscoe) is a 3-star PG, from Brooklyn. He's similar, but can't hit the 3 and has a lower Shoot in Traffic (but better defense). His potential is a solid B (as compared to B+). More disturbing is the drop in rankings. Ole Roscoe is #328 overall (200 spots lower) and only #115 for PG. FUCK.

Newman.

Comment

• Rylo
                Corpse Disgracer
                • Oct 2008

Did it.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

I started a career legacy in College Hoops 2k8 with St. Francis PA. Won my first game against American 44-35. The team isn't bad we've got three guys who can shoot, one kind of athletic type player and this hoss inside who pulled down 11 boards in my first game.

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Metal Gear Solid 4 is awesome. I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane at Shadow Moses.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Played the shit out of some Saint's Row 2 while waiting on a friend to play UC2 with last night...

The radio on that game gets repetative even with all the songs you can buy but that's really my only gripe.

Also, "Septic Avenger" is genius.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                        Buckeye For Life
                        • Dec 2008

I'm about to land a 6-10 230 4* C... dude's a great rebounder and he's a pretty good defender (He averaged a double-double in the ABL, pulling down 12 points, 13 boards, and 3 blocks a game). I don't ask my centers to be world beaters, I just ask them to clean up the boards and play good defense. He's gonna fill the only scholarship I have open this year. I have either 0 or 1 open next year... I'm 1st for a 4* SG who has A- 3 pt and is pretty solid all around, as well as a 5* PG from here in Seattle (I'm the coach at Gonzaga still), who was A 3pt, is a solid defender and is super quick.

In thinking about it, I'm probably going to stay at Gonzaga for the forseeable future unless one of a few jobs opens up (Ohio State, UNC, Syracuse, and maybe some other job).
                        Last edited by Sportsbuck; 02-21-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Rylo
                          Corpse Disgracer
                          • Oct 2008

Good stuff sportsbuck.

I'm determined to bring a National Championship to the U in basketball. Hopefully I cna do it before July, though, lol.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                            Not a Scandanavian
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                            I'm about to land a 6-10 230 4* C... dude's a great rebounder and he's a pretty good defender (He averaged a double-double in the ABL, pulling down 12 points, 13 boards, and 3 blocks a game). I don't ask my centers to be world beaters, I just ask them to clean up the boards and play good defense. He's gonna fill the only scholarship I have open this year. I have either 0 or 1 open next year... I'm 1st for a 4* SG who has A- 3 pt and is pretty solid all around, as well as a 5* PG from here in Seattle (I'm the coach at Gonzaga still), who was A 3pt, is a solid defender and is super quick.

In thinking about it, I'm probably going to stay at Gonzaga for the forseeable future unless one of a few jobs opens up (Ohio State, UNC, Syracuse, and maybe some other job).
                            I pay a lot of attention to the ABL stats and those numbers are sick. My centers are pretty shitty, so I would jizz at the idea of averaging a double double from a Big.

Year 3 at St. Francis
                            9-4 heading into the meat of conference plays (Final 16 games are in-conference). 3 of my 4 losses are against good teams in bigger conferences. Fordham (15-0 and ranked #8), St. Johns and St. Bonadventure. The other was to North Carolina A&T in a flat out embarrasing game. At one point we were 1-15 from 3 and they had a player drop 30 on us. We were ran out the gym, despite being a higher rated team....at home.

Most of our games have been blowuts, one way or the other. We've ran a lot of teams out of the gym (especially the Ivy league schools) and I've had several games were I was simming it by halftime. We even had big wins in our 2 early-conference games.

The conference looks like a 4-team race:
                            St. Francis (NY).
                            Monmouth (highest rated team, 8-2 record, 2-0 in conference).
                            Central Connecticut State (2nd highest rated, 7-6 record, 2-1 in conference)
                            Robert Moris (defending champ, best player in conference)

And a lot of games that I'll either sim, or sim at halftime.

Comment

• Proof21
                              Go Big Red!
                              • Mar 2009

I love the fact that my players gain confidence and start to play better..it's crazy how deep this game is (CH2K8)..I wish they would bring it back.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Still playing Saints Row 2...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYqDLwe0JJU"]LOL[/ame]

This song starts playing as I'm at the mission where your Lieutenant Pierce drives the car while you shoot down helicopters carrying drugs for the Sons of Samedi.

Pierce had decided that Ne-Yo would make excellent drive-by music and after a few bars, he sings along. :laughing:

While I took Rockstar's side when it came down to whether or not SR2 was better than GTAIV, this game is becoming more and more entertaining by the minute.

Comment

Working...