X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BuccaneerFan
    So why can't I select the classic stadiums when I challenge someone online? I've tried to select classic stadiums the last 2 games and nothing happens when I press X.
    Are you sure the other player has them as well?

Comment

• for surtain 22
      • Feb 2009

my first game vs maynard was a disaster. last year my connection was pretty smooth, too. hopefully that was just a random bad game

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by for surtain 22
        my first game vs maynard was a disaster. last year my connection was pretty smooth, too. hopefully that was just a random bad game
        yeah that was pretty bad. i hoped it would clean up as we went along, but it never did. we both struggled with pitching and batting. We should have quit after the 1st AB of the game. Cabrera hit a liner over the 2nd basemen and as it rolled to the OF the play just ended and the screen jumped back to the 2nd basemen. I never saw that before

Comment

• Brotha2ThaNight
          Viva Sombrero
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
          yeah that was pretty bad. i hoped it would clean up as we went along, but it never did. we both struggled with pitching and batting. We should have quit after the 1st AB of the game. Cabrera hit a liner over the 2nd basemen and as it rolled to the OF the play just ended and the screen jumped back to the 2nd basemen. I never saw that before
          i wont play a game with lag anymore if its laggin in the 1st inning I offer a friendly quit
          Yahoo: BigVoo

Comment

• PP
            • Feb 2010

lag or not.

Comment

• godspeed
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by houtz
              How late in the game is it? My only answer is that he could lose his control and that could be the problem.

Otherwise I really don't know what to tell you.
              It's not really late in the game, it just seems I hit the meter perfect, and have the fade meter lined up, but miss badly.

Online, maybe I am messing up the pitch meter.

So you hit X once to start the meter, hit it again in the yellow or red part if you want to juice your pitch persay, then X hit again to line it up, hit it 3 times right?

Or can you hit it once,,,,hold it,,let it go in the yellow red, and then hit it on the way back to line it up,,,2 hits on the x? I think that might be my problem.

My only problem is pitching. I'm atually hitting pretty well, so at least I got that going for me. My online average is .334. But my pitch control is just awful.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by godspeed
                It's not really late in the game, it just seems I hit the meter perfect, and have the fade meter lined up, but miss badly.

So you hit X once to start the meter, hit it again in the yellow or red part if you want to juice your pitch persay, then X hit again to line it up, hit it 3 times right?

Or can you hit it once,,,,hold it,,let it go in the yellow red, and then hit it on the way back to line it up,,,2 hits on the x? I think that might be my problem.

My only problem is pitching. I'm atually hitting pretty well, so at least I got that going for me. My online average is .334. But my pitch control is just awful.
                Correct in bold.

Hitting "X" twice is significantly harder to control, but it can be done. Sometimes I do it this way when I sense that my opponent it timing my pitches/deciding to swing based on my "3 X" timing.

But yeah, you're supposed to hit "X" three times.

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

thats how you pitch....but keep in mind that your pitchers attributes will make a difference. hitting that white line does not automatically mean it will be exactly where you wanted it.

alot of it is situational. if you missed the line 5 times in a row, dont expect to hit the white line and be accurate on the 6th pitch. when you hit the white line consistently, or make pitches to get K's, that white line turns into a thick yellow line and that when you should expect to be deadly accurate

but just hitting the white line every other pitch or something, wont mean its going where you want it to go. a guy with less control ratings will suffer more than a guy with great control ratings

Comment

• Helicopter
                    V Why?
                    • Feb 2009

Maynard nailed it. Even hitting the line doesn't always guarantee an accurate pitch. It throws a little extra wrinkle into the gameplay and is one of the things I love about the series.

sigpic

Comment

• godspeed
                      • Mar 2009

thats how you pitch....but keep in mind that your pitchers attributes will make a difference.
                      I try to consider that, but when I am using guys like Felix Hernande and CLiff Lee back to back games it's not attributes,,,,it's me who's throwing the ball all over the place...lol.

I guess there must be little room for error on that one line coming back. Or it's just very hard to pitch this time around, which is okay. I'm glad it's hard, I just want to make sure it's nothing I'm doing wrong.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

I try to consider that, but when I am using guys like Felix Hernande and CLiff Lee back to back games it's not attributes,,,,it's me who's throwing the ball all over the place...lol.

I guess there must be little room for error on that one line coming back. Or it's just very hard to pitch this time around, which is okay. I'm glad it's hard, I just want to make sure it's nothing I'm doing wrong.
                        yeah its not you. its how they made the game. it can be frustrating to hit that white line and still be wild.

btw...having fun with Lee from the stretch?

Comment

• godspeed
                          • Mar 2009

btw...having fun with Lee from the stretch?
                          Actually I'm pretty good from his stretch. I'm way better pitching from the stretch with all pitchers.

There is less time in between the x button pushes to mess up the rhythm. The wind up I have too much time to wait, more room for error.

Comment

• Maynard
                            stupid ass titles
                            • Feb 2009

i hated pitching with him from the stretch. his meter moves real fast compared to most guys from the stretch. online was brutal. I managed, but it was a grind

Comment

• godspeed
                              • Mar 2009

When you guys play online, do you move the L stick (PCI Indicator that we dont see online) around alot when you swing?

Meaning you try to move it in the direction the pitch is coming in at?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

When you guys play online, do you move the L stick (PCI Indicator that we dont see online) around alot when you swing?

Meaning you try to move it in the direction the pitch is coming in at?
                                For me, depends on situation. Behind in the count, i'm usually just trying to make contact, without getting too cute with PCI and directional hitting.

Comment

Working...