X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MmmmBeeeeer
    PTFO
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by godspeed
    When you guys play online, do you move the L stick (PCI Indicator that we dont see online) around alot when you swing?

Meaning you try to move it in the direction the pitch is coming in at?
    I do it on every single pitch...gets me in trouble a lot if I'm wrong but rewards a lot if I'm right. I look for specific pitches to hit (kinda like realtime guess pitch I guess) and always react to that but I won't say what/where it is for competitive reasons :tongue:

As far as x and square go, I change quite often, it depends on my confidence/batter. If I hit a HR or get an RBI chances are I'm swinging for the fences on the next pitch to further throw the pitcher's confidence off if I succeed.
    Last edited by MmmmBeeeeer; 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

perfect example of the white line BS. the entire game i played online i was all over the place. i would hit the white line and my pitchers would plunk batters. it was such a BS fucking game....one of those games where everything was going against me. I dont mean to take anything away from the guy i played cause he earned his win. But playing it from my side of things, i was pissed off at how my pitchers couldnt even come close to hitting their spots. i throw up, it goes down, i throw inside, it goes outside.

And the fielding stuff is so random when it comes to making bad plays. if i was doing somthing wrong i could understand making mistakes, but balls get hit right to my guys and they manage to allow it to go under their gloves.

it seems like this game doesnt reward skillful play....its all about having the better team

Comment

• godspeed
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
        perfect example of the white line BS. the entire game i played online i was all over the place.
        hahahaha, welcome to my world! That's what I have been saying all along..lol. Not laughing at you,,laughing with you.

The only thing worse then the white line is rocking the THICK YELLOW line perfectly and still having no control...lol.

I know, I know, it's part of the game, you think you throw a perfect pitch but you randomly throw a bad pitch. I get that. But nothing more frustrating then getting the yellow thick line, hitting it right on it, got the fade marker perfect and still miss badly with Buehrle..lol.

That's ok, I don't mind it like I said, but you do start second guessing yourself like what's going on.

Funny game last night, finally start getting in a groove with Buehrle,,,thick yellow line.,,,,,coasting with a 4-0 lead. Guy on 1st, my opponent bunts, great bunt, I gotta juice the throw meter to 1st, Buehrle fields, overthrows first by 3 miles, goes all the way to the outfield wall rolls around, RF was way out of position backing up the play,,,4 base error,,,2 runs scored,,4-2, and I lose the thick yellow line....boooo!!!!

Fun game tho. I really like the fielding, except for the mini-pause on throws to first. My friends and I are having a blast with the game.
        Last edited by godspeed; 03-09-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• godspeed
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
          I look for specific pitches to hit (kinda like realtime guess pitch I guess) and always react to that but I won't say what/where it is for competitive reasons :tongue:
          Yeah I figured most people don't want to reveal their strategies. I'm actually still hitting real good online, averaging .337, but only 6 HR's in 8 games and I'm 6-2.

It seems as if games I hit better, I don't move the L stick during the pitch. This is online with veteran settings.
          Last edited by godspeed; 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• BuccaneerFan
            Noob
            • Feb 2009

it seems like this game doesnt reward skillful play....its all about having the better team
            I think there are some behind the scenes ratings going on this year that widen the gap between the good and bad teams. It seems much tougher to even be competitive with a a bad team (ahem...Pirates) than last year. I feel sorry for teams like the Pirates, Blue Jays, Padres, etc in the Sombrero this year. Unfortunately, with 30 players, not everyone could pick a powerhouse team like the Nationals.

Comment

• The Buddha
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BuccaneerFan
              I think there are some behind the scenes ratings going on this year that widen the gap between the good and bad teams. It seems much tougher to even be competitive with a a bad team (ahem...Pirates) than last year. I feel sorry for teams like the Pirates, Blue Jays, Padres, etc in the Sombrero this year. Unfortunately, with 30 players, not everyone could pick a powerhouse team like the Nationals.

:elephant:

---

Comment

• Jax
                JarrettLeger.com
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by The Buddha
                :elephant:
                with the mets beating them twice thrash:

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

maybe we should play on legend

Comment

• The Buddha
                    • Mar 2009

maybe we should play on legend
                    Ryan Zimmerman says..."Im already a legend"

---

Comment

• godspeed
                      • Mar 2009

So what's everyone's online experience so far been?

11 games in, I've had pretty much all lag free, super smooth games.

HOWEVER, out of the 11, 3 didn't even register after the game. The teams show up in the history, but no score is listed and no win or loss is rewarded. One game completely froze.

Actually come to think of it, it's been 4 of the last 6 games so it's something that has been occuring lately. Kind of bummed lately on the online portion of this game.

Comment

Working...