Stairway to Seven
    • Dec 2008

just finished the game, best story for a cod game since big red one

Comment

• Maestro
      ♫Just Like Music♫
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by krulmichael
      I don't think I've been so aggravated with a game in a long while. So I'm playing the Campaign mode on Veteran and on mission 3 in the tunnels at the end it's absolutely ridiculous. Enemies keep respawning and shit and it's just annoying. After bout 45 mins I give up for tonight. Try at it again tomorrow.

Other than that loving the story so far.
      This, its annoying as hell, they never stop spawning.

Originally posted by FirstTimer
      Am I the only one that isn't crazy about the maps this year? They seem to all be made for the "run and gunner" types. There isn't much balance in them. In that I mean most of the maps seem to have the same basic "layout"/'theme". A thin loop that basically runs around the outside of them with a cluster fuck of houses/buildings/ect all over the middle of them.

They all feel like they are basically set up like Favela and to a lesser extent Boneyard from MW2. I know you have to have some run and gun maps on there..but they all seem to kind of be set up for that.

The maps don't have anything like "Depot", "Afghan" or "Safehouse", or that one map..the name escapes me know. With some blown out farm houses, a cemetary, some broken down tanks, and in the middle there is that little undergorund dirt bunker type thing where clusterfuck always happens.

Maybe it's a selfish, style of play thing by me but I always enjoyed working the edges of maps, not getting into massive fire fights and strategically picking my spots. That's how I play(ed) my best. I would do run and gun when I had to on levels like Terminal, Favela, Boneyard but I enjoyed the balance of the maps. Maybe I haven't played enough of the maps yet but it just doesn't feel like there is a great balance to the maps for different styles of play.

Maybe it's just me?

I still love the game but I'm not incredibley impressed with the multiplayer map selection/setup/design.
      The maps are fine. COD4 had the best map balance, but this comes in second place. On the previous two the maps were either too campy or too big, or both. The only people that i see having a problem with the maps are snipers or campers. The maps aren't sniper friendly, but i'm sure that the good ones will find a way to snipe or snipe and move.

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maestro

The maps are fine. COD4 had the best map balance, but this comes in second place. On the previous two the maps were either too campy or too big, or both. The only people that i see having a problem with the maps are snipers or campers. The maps aren't sniper friendly, but i'm sure that the good ones will find a way to snipe or snipe and move.
        Completely disagree. You can't work the edges strategically because there are no edges to work. I'm not saying the maps suck....I just don't like how most of them are layed out the same and seem to small and geared towards run and gun. IMO it's just as fun to play on a small map like Boneyard as it is to play on a lrage map and use more strategy on a map like Safehouse, Wasteland, or Depot.

Comment

• Chrispy
          Needs a hobby
          • Dec 2008

Am I the only one that isn't crazy about the maps this year? They seem to all be made for the "run and gunner" types. There isn't much balance in them. In that I mean most of the maps seem to have the same basic "layout"/'theme". A thin loop that basically runs around the outside of them with a cluster fuck of houses/buildings/ect all over the middle of them.

They all feel like they are basically set up like Favela and to a lesser extent Boneyard from MW2. I know you have to have some run and gun maps on there..but they all seem to kind of be set up for that.

The maps don't have anything like "Depot", "Afghan" or "Safehouse", or that one map..the name escapes me know. With some blown out farm houses, a cemetary, some broken down tanks, and in the middle there is that little undergorund dirt bunker type thing where clusterfuck always happens.

Maybe it's a selfish, style of play thing by me but I always enjoyed working the edges of maps, not getting into massive fire fights and strategically picking my spots. That's how I play(ed) my best. I would do run and gun when I had to on levels like Terminal, Favela, Boneyard but I enjoyed the balance of the maps. Maybe I haven't played enough of the maps yet but it just doesn't feel like there is a great balance to the maps for different styles of play.

Maybe it's just me?

I still love the game but I'm not incredibley impressed with the multiplayer map selection/setup/design.
          I agree, i liked MW2 maps better, with the kind of variety they had. The maps in BO are kind of bland and seem like they repeat each other.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I'm on Chapter 5 I think, S.O.G. I'm playing on Normal and I'm about to break my fucking controller. How the fuck do you get down the hill? he enemies just keep respawning and their is nowhere to get decent cover.

I have no fucking clue where the fuck I'm supposed to go. No matter what direction I go I get ripped to shreds.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
              PTFO
              • Mar 2009

Completely disagree. You can't work the edges strategically because there are no edges to work. I'm not saying the maps suck....I just don't like how most of them are layed out the same and seem to small and geared towards run and gun. IMO it's just as fun to play on a small map like Boneyard as it is to play on a lrage map and use more strategy on a map like Safehouse, Wasteland, or Depot.
              Towards the end of MW2 I really enjoyed the large maps when it was almost all snipers. I'm about to pop in Black Ops for the first time but from what I have read hopefully they have some open maps in DLC. I also hope they don't bring back any old maps like they did in MW2, although I loved those COD4 maps I don't want to play them again.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                Towards the end of MW2 I really enjoyed the large maps when it was almost all snipers. I'm about to pop in Black Ops for the first time but from what I have read hopefully they have some open maps in DLC. I also hope they don't bring back any old maps like they did in MW2, although I loved those COD4 maps I don't want to play them again.
                It's Activision, of course the will. People slurped up those overpriced MW2 map packs (and those people were morons) so I guarantee you they do the same thing.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

So we won't get anymore free maps for multiplayer?

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                    Posts a lot
                    • Jun 2009

anymore?

Comment

• Herm
                      Boomshakalaka
                      • Oct 2008

how many people are usually online on 360 version?

Im sure its higher than ps3, theres usually about 700k online when i get on.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Day 1 and 2 it was well over a million whenever I was on. But since then It's been at around 750k on average.

Comment

• Nash
                          How Bout Them Dawgs
                          • Feb 2009

I'm getting on :marshmellow:

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                            anymore?

Yeah, when were maps ever free on consoles?

Comment

• MvP
                              a member of vsn
                              • Oct 2008

I think early on in Xbox Live's life, maps would eventually become free after a certain period of time. I know I took advantage of this with Halo 2 and some other shooter.

Comment

• theMINI
                                • Nov 2008

Level 25 online havent even touched SP yet

Comment

Working...