X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MvP
    I think early on in Xbox Live's life, maps would eventually become free after a certain period of time. I know I took advantage of this with Halo 2 and some other shooter.
    That was a looooooooooooooong time ago.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      Yeah, when were maps ever free on consoles?
      in Gears 2, the flashback maps[4 gears 1 maps] were free

Comment

• Maestro
        ♫Just Like Music♫
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
        Completely disagree. You can't work the edges strategically because there are no edges to work. I'm not saying the maps suck....I just don't like how most of them are layed out the same and seem to small and geared towards run and gun. IMO it's just as fun to play on a small map like Boneyard as it is to play on a lrage map and use more strategy on a map like Safehouse, Wasteland, or Depot.
        I find it pretty easy to work the edges on Black Ops. The action is very fast paced and i don't have a problem with the maps. I was just never a fan of huge open maps, they give too much power to campers, AR users, and Snipers, and they totally make SMG's obsolete. Outside of the UMP(which was just like an assault rifle), there was no reason to every use assault rifles on MW2 because the maps were just too huge and you could never close the distance. On this one you can close in on who you need to, but Assault Rifles are still very effective. You can use any type of weapon and do well(outside of a sniper).

I'm used to the fast paced gameplay from all my time playing COD4 so the hecticness of these maps do not bother me at all.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
          I literally know nothing.
          • Jul 2009

If anyone has played MP with a friend, have you had any trouble getting into games? I was playing with my cousin last night and we both had our own gamertags and it took forever to get into a lobby.

EDIT: For split screen, sorry.

Comment

• Leftwich
            Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I've been killed by a sniper rifle once since i started playing online. Thats crazy... i have never seen a COD game with so few snipers.

Originally posted by Tailback U
            It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• kmanharris
              Seven
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
              If anyone has played MP with a friend, have you had any trouble getting into games? I was playing with my cousin last night and we both had our own gamertags and it took forever to get into a lobby.

My roommate and I played split screen the other day and there were no problems.

Comment

• Rush
                vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

servers lookin better this weekend?

Comment

• Atlas
                  BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Braedan
                  14 Chopper Gunners.

Can anyone top that?

Edit:Fappin,Servers were F'D yesterday
                  ive called in dogs 17 times... i also dont camp it up like your faggot ass...

and yes rush, supposedly the fixes are being put or are already in place...

Comment

• Rush
                    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Sounds good, I'll be on later in the evening/afternoon

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

Having a ton of trouble getting this bitch running on PC

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor

Servers have just been weird lately. And thanks for posting this. I wasn't sure if you could use separate gamertags in split screen.

Comment

• tigstah
                          Mr. Casual Gamer
                          • Mar 2009

will jump on multiplayer tonite or tomorrow.

Comment

• CCBrink
                            Awkward Swag
                            • May 2009

Fixes already live:
                            - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
                            - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
                            - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the "care package glitch")
                            - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
                            - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
                            - Users' rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
                            - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
                            - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

Fixes in progress
                            - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
                            - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
                            - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
                            - Additional improvements to party system

Comment

• MvP
                              a member of vsn
                              • Oct 2008

They need to improve the god damn spawn points.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly
                                Still haven't noticed this being any better.

Comment

Working...