X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
    So in a nutshell we should switch our PSN passwords and keep an eye on our account which our credit card is associated with?
    Might as well not fuck around. I just called and had my bank cancel the current card number linked to my account and issue me a new one with a new number.

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

Hope whoever stole all the passwords lets me know what it is, I have it auto saved and haven't a clue what the fuck it is.

Oh well.

And I don't care if they rob my platinum mastercard, I don't have to pay for stolen usage so have fun and fuck bitches.

Comment

• Spidey
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
        I got your point, I just think you're incorrect.

It's not like people haven't tried to hack LIVE. Microsoft has to deal with modding and JTAGed 360s, but no one has gotten into their system that they couldn't kick out.

Prior to Sony removing Linux, hackers had no reason to try and get into the system because they had their own OS to screw around in.

In short, SCEA/J is ruled by an enormous amount of incompetence.
        Pretty much agree. Of course attempts have been made on Microsoft and Live. Thus far they they have faired much better. Not sure to what extent attempts have been made but I think its obvious they have better security than Sony and Sony has proven incompetent.

I guess I just don't think anyone is safe if the desire is there. Sony seemed safe. Clearly they weren't. But as you said earlier, thats the difference between has and could.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/116/1163826p1.html

Comment

• Helicopter
            V Why?
            • Feb 2009

Wow! I was fine with this whole "outage" thing until the blurb about the possibility of personal and financial information being compromised. Not too happy about that.

I went ahead and changed all my passwords (except for PSN, of course) and canceled my card associated with PSN and ordered a new one. I guess thats about all I can do for now.

I wish there was an alternative gaming solution, but for me, there isn't. IF the PS3/PSN ceased to exist...I still wouldn't buy a 5th Xbox360.

Sony doesn't look good in any of this. Could've handled it much better than they have.

sigpic

Comment

• CCBrink
              Awkward Swag
              • May 2009

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

I had $6.75 in my playstation store wallet, if hackers got it good for them. Im hoping that i deleted my CC info off of there long ago, i think i did.

Comment

• KNUBB
                  WHITE RONDO
                  • Jun 2009

I know I deleted my stuff a long time ago because I was having issues with my card on the PSN. So I started buying PSN cards

Comment

• PP
                    • Feb 2010

Who cares if they steal your card? Thats the whole point of a credit card... you won't be charged.. the fraud protection will cover you... now a debit card is a different story...

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

You can hook a debit card up to your PSN account?

Odd. I wouldn't do that even before this nonsense came about. That card is direct access to your bank account, fuck that noise.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                        Who cares if they steal your card? Thats the whole point of a credit card... you won't be charged.. the fraud protection will cover you... now a debit card is a different story...
                        Sometimes I really think that you're completely retarded. Are you REALLY trying to spin this as if it ISN'T a big deal just because there is a certain amount of fraud protection on credit cards?

Comment

• Helicopter
                          V Why?
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                          Therein lies my problem. I wouldn't be worried about it if it were my credit card on file instead. I'm the idiot for using my debit card to begin with, but its just so much easier for me to keep track of online.

sigpic

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                            You can hook a debit card up to your PSN account?

Odd. I wouldn't do that even before this nonsense came about. That card is direct access to your bank account, fuck that noise.
                            You can use most if not all bank cards as credit cards, and most banks have fraud protection that is just as good. Still, it's not good regardless, because depending on the circumstance of your personal life it could also negatively effect your credit score.

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                              You can use most if not all bank cards as credit cards, and most banks have fraud protection that is just as good. Still, it's not good regardless, because depending on the circumstance of your personal life it could also negatively effect your credit score.
                              How could it be negative towards your score?

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                                fanboy much?

Comment

Working...