X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Price
    Why does it take so long to sync trophies? Ahhhh.
    Oh man, that shit is the WORST! How they haven't streamlined that by now is beyond me. I thought they said they did with a recent update but they were full of shit! I never do it anymore. They automatically sync each day via PS+ update so I leave it at that.

Comment

• ryne candy
      Aggie C/O '01
      • Feb 2009

PSN is handing out $10 credit again. I'm guessing if you didn't get it the 1st time (in Feb), you might have a chance of getting it this time around. Check y'alls messages on the PS3.

Comment

• Price
        Lets Tessellate
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        Oh man, that shit is the WORST! How they haven't streamlined that by now is beyond me. I thought they said they did with a recent update but they were full of shit! I never do it anymore. They automatically sync each day via PS+ update so I leave it at that.
        I gave up after waiting for 5 minutes and it only synced 58%.

Comment

• ryne candy
          Aggie C/O '01
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Price
          I gave up after waiting for 5 minutes and it only synced 58%.
          that is Turbo speed compared to what it used to be. I'm with Twigg, I have PS+ automatically sync the trophies, update my cloud saves and DL any patches.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
            that is Turbo speed compared to what it used to be. I'm with Twigg, I have PS+ automatically sync the trophies, update my cloud saves and DL any patches.
            these are features i should not have to pay for...

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
              these are features i should not have to pay for...
              But you do on Live.

And those are just convenience things. You can still manually sync your trophies and manually download patches. But with Plus it happens automatically. That doesn't even happen on LIVE which you fucking have no choice but to pay for. So take that shit elsewhere.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

still shouldnt have to pay for it regardless

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Trophy syncing is broken but we have a work around that will sync them every nite but you have to pay for that.

Updates happen far too often and usually take 2 to 5 mins. We can do that for you automatically but you will have to pay for that.

So when things break or work really shitty we will fix them but put those fixes on our paid service.

These things should be offered to all PS3 consumers. They are not even features...they are things that should just work.

Comment

• ryne candy
                    Aggie C/O '01
                    • Feb 2009

Trophy syncing is broken but we have a work around that will sync them every nite but you have to pay for that.

Updates happen far too often and usually take 2 to 5 mins. We can do that for you automatically but you will have to pay for that.

So when things break or work really shitty we will fix them but put those fixes on our paid service.

These things should be offered to all PS3 consumers. They are not even features...they are things that should just work.
                    If you're a non paying player, I can see it sucking but I don't pay for that aspect. I get it for the games that come free....games I kinda want to try but don't want to spend $30 (by the time I would pick them up).....I just get to use the added benefits, incl. cloud saves.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                      If you're a non paying player, I can see it sucking but I don't pay for that aspect. I get it for the games that come free....games I kinda want to try but don't want to spend $30 (by the time I would pick them up).....I just get to use the added benefits, incl. cloud saves.
                      I am not talking about why Playstation plus is bad or good. That is a whole other discussion.

I am saying these basic things which they have appeared to have "fixed" are now on a paid service which I believe is BS. Updating automatically is something windows does, or my phone apps do. It is a simple thing that I am sure will be in both next gen consoles.

Trophies take 10 mins to sync because I haven't done it in a while is crap and I should NOT have to PAY for it to work. Just fix it.

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

One thing next gen needs to improve on the is the following. I am looking more towards PS3 here.

If I am just an average consumer and I go out and buy a new ps3 and mlb the show 13 to play my buddy in a game online, how long will it take me to throw that first pitch from the time I turn on the PS3 brand new?

Create Account, set up connection, send friend request, download and install PS update, hook up headset, install game, download patch, redeem online code, and then start game. I would think if you know what your doing this will take at least an hour. How long does it take to install MLB the show?

This needs to be streamlined. Consoles are supposed to be simple and easy to use. I can build a PC, install windows, and download steam in the same time it takes to do this.

When I bought DC Universe Online I could not play that game that nite. I had to download stuff over nite and it wasnt done when I woke up....shud not happen on consoles.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                          True Blue
                          • Feb 2009

^i think when you buy a new console you have to expect to have to take some time to set everything up but when you want to actually play a game it does take a while. one of the key points in that ps4 conference was how they are trying to cut down on the time it takes from when you turn your console to when you are playing a game so hopefully those times will be cut down.

i have recently signed up for playstion plus and have downloaded a few games and just the time it takes AFTER the game itself is downloaded with the updates and patches is a bit on the ridiculous side. after taking how ever long it did to download LBP2 it was over an hour just for the updates before i could actually play. the games are free so whatever but i would like to see a way they could cut down on that time.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

I am also concerned to when you jam up your hard drive with all these games, things get slower. This needs to be optimized some how if they are going to full digital. I can already see my xbox slowing down after I downloaded some bigger games. I make it a point to delete shit I do not use anymore which is a bit of a pain but I guess a necessary evil. These consoles are just becoming locked downed PCs IMO.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I am also concerned to when you jam up your hard drive with all these games, things get slower. This needs to be optimized some how if they are going to full digital. I can already see my xbox slowing down after I downloaded some bigger games. I make it a point to delete shit I do not use anymore which is a bit of a pain but I guess a necessary evil. These consoles are just becoming locked downed PCs IMO.
                              I do not notice any slow down on my PS3, except for using the store. My Xbox is slow as fuck though. I still have 85GB free on my Xbox and I can make a fucking sandwich in the time it takes that shit to initially boot up. No exaggeration.

Comment

• wingsfan77
                                • Aug 2009

So are we playing some Scott Pilgrim tonight?

Comment

Working...