X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
    Going go to GS tomorrow and try to pick up the $30 1yr membership. Wished they would have offered it on the PSN store but it doesn't look that way.
    Amazon is supposed to be having this deal too. Don't know if it'll be a flash deal though.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
      Amazon is supposed to be having this deal too. Don't know if it'll be a flash deal though.
      ''Good News Everyone! 1 year of PS+ is going to be $29.99 for BF at Amazon, BB, Walmart, TRU and Gamestop!''

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
        Damn. Time to reconnect the PS3 now that I have PS plus for the PS4.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
          I'm laughing right now at everyone who sold their old system.

PS+ is ridiculous in a good way.

Comment

• ryne candy
            Aggie C/O '01
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
            ''Good News Everyone! 1 year of PS+ is going to be $29.99 for BF at Amazon, BB, Walmart, TRU and Gamestop!''

http://us.playstation.com/black-frid...b&psu=18219238
            amazon is getting some backlash...doesn't look like, which was supposed to be up by now.

edit: got it off of newegg...it's live now.
            Last edited by ryne candy; 11-29-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
              amazon is getting some backlash...doesn't look like, which was supposed to be up by now.

edit: got it off of newegg...it's live now.
              It's been on Amazon all day. I checked several times today.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

Comment

• ryne candy
                Aggie C/O '01
                • Feb 2009

i posted the edit when I woke up. I stayed up till ~3am Central and it wasn't up...they even posted on FB about it. Looks like it went live around 3:30am...1 1/2 hrs later than they said.

Comment

• j.hen
                  Self Care
                  • Oct 2008

It wasn't worth all that mess...

I just waltzed (yes, I waltzed) right inside my local Gamestop and strolled over to the wall of PS+ time cards and paid the man.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
                    It wasn't worth all that mess...

I just waltzed (yes, I waltzed) right inside my local Gamestop and strolled over to the wall of PS+ time cards and paid the man.
                    I figured it was easier for me. I just showed some patience (which is pretty interesting for me), went on Amazon a few hours, purchased two digital codes. Never left my basement.

Comment

• ryne candy
                      Aggie C/O '01
                      • Feb 2009

Next year Ill wait till the morning...Target had a bunch of them still available late afternoon.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Ok, so I was chatting with Handle about the expanded friends list and how it seems that random friends get displayed on your PS3 since it can still only hold 100. Well, the thing is that there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to the 100 friends that show up on the PS3 side. I've been adding a lot of people and I'm approaching 200 friends. Of course that bumps off people that have been on your friends list previously. The problem is that I noticed the other day that one of my good real life friends got bumped. He and I play Madden all of the time so it wasn't like he hasn't been on his PS3 in a while or he and I haven't played any games together. I didn't realize it until we went to play an online game together and I couldn't invite him because he wasn't showing up on my list.
                        Handle did some checking and found an article that said that you can "protect" the people you want to keep on the PS3 side but it didn't elaborate on how and I can't seem to find any info about it.
                        Does anyone have a clue?

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          Ok, so I was chatting with Handle about the expanded friends list and how it seems that random friends get displayed on your PS3 since it can still only hold 100. Well, the thing is that there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to the 100 friends that show up on the PS3 side. I've been adding a lot of people and I'm approaching 200 friends. Of course that bumps off people that have been on your friends list previously. The problem is that I noticed the other day that one of my good real life friends got bumped. He and I play Madden all of the time so it wasn't like he hasn't been on his PS3 in a while or he and I haven't played any games together. I didn't realize it until we went to play an online game together and I couldn't invite him because he wasn't showing up on my list.
                          Handle did some checking and found an article that said that you can "protect" the people you want to keep on the PS3 side but it didn't elaborate on how and I can't seem to find any info about it.
                          Does anyone have a clue?
                          Xbox wins

Seriously though, that is just as jacked up as not being able to send voice messages on XBL between the 360 and the Xbox One. Sony and Microsoft both rushed these consoles to market. It will be the spring before the shit is working like we expected it to at launch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MrBill
                            Xbox wins

Seriously though, that is just as jacked up as not being able to send voice messages on XBL between the 360 and the Xbox One. Sony and Microsoft both rushed these consoles to market. It will be the spring before the shit is working like we expected it to at launch

That's probably true. I'm willing to wait. Only have the ps4 right now and am ok with with ... both of these machines are nowhere near their potential. Hell, I prefer my ps3 over my ps4 as a movie player. I like my ps3 remote control and that it loads blu-rays way faster.

That said, no losing sleep over it. Both consoles will have better software (and games) by spring (like Bill says) and we will move on.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                              Xbox wins

It's not really as simple as that. I understand why the PS3 has to stay at 100 because that was how the infrastructure was built. What I don't understand is how it determines who stays and who doesn't. And if you can protect people, how do you do it?

Comment

• MrBill
                                Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                                It's not really as simple as that. I understand why the PS3 has to stay at 100 because that was how the infrastructure was built. What I don't understand is how it determines who stays and who doesn't. And if you can protect people, how do you do it?
                                But PSN and XBL are cloud networks and your console is a dumb terminal that connects to it. If they upgrade the server side, you should expect the client side to replicate that new capability.

Trust me that I know from my job that the devil is in the details and I am sure there are valid reasons why it isn't working right yet but they should have just delayed the launches until the spring. I have delayed product launches for up to a year when something was just 75% baked. Sony and MS were both petrified that the other was going to get an insurmountable head start in the next gen war.

Comment

Working...