• Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

I am so glad I don't only own an Xbox.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

these games are only available for the specific system then? does your PS+ account work on both systems?
      how much is it for PS+

Comment

• jms493
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
        these games are only available for the specific system then? does your PS+ account work on both systems?
        how much is it for PS+
        yes your account is good on PS3, PS4, and Vita.

PS+ varies according to sales. I saw it for $34.99 the other day, but it is $49.99 via PS Store.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

how much is it for PS+
          PS+ works across all Sony platforms. It's $50/year but I've seen retailers sell the year subs for $35. $50 is already a steal though. So your one PS+ subscription gives you access to the "free" (I put that in quotations because it does require a paid subscription) games and discounts on PS3, PS4 and Vita. Some of the games like Mercenary Kings are platform specific. Other games like Stealth Inc are cross-buy so you can play them on PS3 and Vita. I don't think they've offered any games that are playable on PS3 and PS4 yet.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

how much is it for PS+
            Keep in mind Maynard...if you are interested in playing Batman: AC. It is $7.50 on Steam meow.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

i already own that game...i paid $60 for it on amazon downloads and i never finished it

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

i already own that game...i paid $60 for it on amazon downloads and i never finished it
                nothing to be sad about...you can still play it.

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

PS+ continues to dominate Xbox Gold in the quality of "free" games for its members.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                    PS+ continues to dominate Xbox Gold in the quality of "free" games for its members.
                    This is honestly not even worth comparing at this point. I really don't know what MS is doing with their free games. If you're going to give away games that are years old, and so few games that are years old, why even have the program?

It's nice that Mercenary Kings is free. I fired it up again last night on Steam and REALLY want to like it, but can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'd like it more playing with another person. It seems as if it would be a lot more fun co-op.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                      This is honestly not even worth comparing at this point. I really don't know what MS is doing with their free games. If you're going to give away games that are years old, and so few games that are years old, why even have the program?

It's nice that Mercenary Kings is free. I fired it up again last night on Steam and REALLY want to like it, but can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'd like it more playing with another person. It seems as if it would be a lot more fun co-op.
                      I have never downloaded a game from Gamers with Gold. I have downloaded a handful of PS+ games.

My favorites so far are Resogun and Hotline Miami. Unfortunately every triple A game PS offers I have already played and beaten.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                        I have never downloaded a game from Gamers with Gold. I have downloaded a handful of PS+ games.

My favorites so far are Resogun and Hotline Miami. Unfortunately every triple A game PS offers I have already played and beaten.
                        I download them all, and just never play them. I think that the value proposition is good for normal gamers, not supernerds like us.

Comment

• jms493
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                          I download them all, and just never play them. I think that the value proposition is good for normal gamers, not supernerds like us.
                          I totally agree...If I had more time to play then I would try some other games. I play almost all the triple A games at release so the value is low for me.

it is great for most gamers...the problem is do casual gamers even know about all the games available?

Comment

• Hitman
                            Fist Pumpin to the Oldies
                            • Jun 2009

I skip a few of the AAA games so it has some value for me. I wouldn't have played Tomb Raider otherwise. I shouldn't, but I get a twinge of anger when a game goes free on PS+ that I still own and didn't trade in because I hadn't finished it yet. I need to stop playing stuff 3/4 through and shelfing it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                              I totally agree...If I had more time to play then I would try some other games. I play almost all the triple A games at release so the value is low for me.

it is great for most gamers...the problem is do casual gamers even know about all the games available?
                              That's an issue too. My buddy is much more of a casual gamer. I asked him the other day if he has been downloading the free PS+ games and he had no idea what I was talking about. He has a PS4 now and had a PS3 but never got PS+.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Dead Nation Coming to PS Vita April 15th

Back at E3 2013, the PS Vita version of Dead Nation was announced, and today I’m pleased to confirm that the game will be launching tomorrow. You’ll finally be able to carry the zombie apocalypse in your pocket.

For those of you who still aren’t in the know after the launch of the PS4 version last month, Dead Nation is a top-down, shoot ‘em up style game set in an apocalyptic zombie world. This classic PSN game was originally developed by the talented team at Housemarque, also known for Resogun and Super Stardust HD.

Like the PS4 version of the game, the PS Vita version has been developed by our friends at Climax Studios, and they’ve faithfully recreated the classic experience of the original PS3 game. Journey through the campaign as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake, or replay your favorite levels and compete for top scores in the single mission mode. Prefer not to experience the apocalypse alone? You and a friend can play the game in both online or ad-hoc co-op. Make sure you upload your stats whenever possible to support your country in the global standings.
                                Dead Nation will cost $7.99, and the Road of Devastation DLC can be purchased separately for $3.99. Anyone who has previously purchased the PS3 game or Road of Devastation will be entitled to the PS Vita versions at no extra cost, thanks to cross buy.

Dead Nation feels right at home on PS Vita, and everyone who has seen it so far has really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to hear what all of you think once you get your hands on it.

Back at E3 2013, the PS Vita version of Dead Nation was announced, and today I'm pleased to confirm that the game will be launching tomorrow. You'll finally be able to carry the zombie apocalypse in your pocket.

Comment

Working...