X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

I played about 5 games today.

All-Pro seemed too easy and All-Madden seemed too difficult.

All in all, the gameplay is fine, I just find the game to be boring. Probably not going to get it at this point.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

u do realize u can change the sliders

Comment

• Tailback U
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
        u do realize u can change the sliders
        Dude. Seriously, this is like the 4th time I've told you this. I don't play offline. EVER. I'm not going to change the sliders because I want to see how AP and AM will feel when I play ONLINE since you can't change the sliders ONLINE.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

I found the Run/Pass commit. Go to Strategy Pad > DL Shifts and it's on the right stick. Really glad I found it.

EDIT: I'm not really sure if this is line stunts as well as the run/pass commit or what. It's worded the exact same as the run/pass commit was.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by AveryB
            Is there a speed Botton?
            With Auto Sprint on, no. Auto Sprint is also defaulted to on but you can change that to no in the settings menu where then there will be a sprint button.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for people that have the choice I have no idea how you can go with the 360 controller over the PS3 for Madden. After playing both demos it just feels so "off" playing the 360 one with that thing.

I thought it was funny that they also said the same thing in the @Gamer magazine. It one of the side points in their Madden preview they were talking about how to determine which version to buy. They said "If you are a hardcore Madden guy there is no way you can even think of playing this game with anything but the PS3 controller." I agree. It's just engrained in my mind I guess.

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
                Dude. Seriously, this is like the 4th time I've told you this. I don't play offline. EVER. I'm not going to change the sliders because I want to see how AP and AM will feel when I play ONLINE since you can't change the sliders ONLINE.
                I will be deciding which one is better online after playing my friend a few times in the demo.

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                  the 4th time huh? when have u ever told me anything? i tend to not read dumb comments. if u dont play offline thats fine. but then dont sit there and cry that u find the game boring and wont buy it. Playing it vs the cpu on AP and AM isnt going to give u any clue as to how it will feel against a online opponent.

All in all, the gameplay is fine, I just find the game to be boring. Probably not going to get it at this point.
                  :orly: why cause that CPU that u never play is giving u an idea of how online play will be?

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, for people that have the choice I have no idea how you can go with the 360 controller over the PS3 for Madden. After playing both demos it just feels so "off" playing the 360 one with that thing.

I thought it was funny that they also said the same thing in the @Gamer magazine. It one of the side points in their Madden preview they were talking about how to determine which version to buy. They said "If you are a hardcore Madden guy there is no way you can even think of playing this game with anything but the PS3 controller." I agree. It's just engrained in my mind I guess.
                    it doesnt matter how much u stroke your controller. Its not going to blow u. who gives a fuck what some magazine says. Can we have one thread without your fanboy comments

Comment

• DSGB101MM
                      Noob
                      • Jul 2009

Nothing really impressed ....I agree it like Madden 10.5, why cant both NCAA and Madden hae the same controls is beyond me....I really like NCAA a lot better but I'll have to play the retail and reconsider. Oh well...

Comment

• Herm
                        Boomshakalaka
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                        With Auto Sprint on, no. Auto Sprint is also defaulted to on but you can change that to no in the settings menu where then there will be a sprint button.
                        will you be able to customize this for online games though?

I just got used to not hitting r2 on ncaa and my run game has improved tremendously

Comment

• Tailback U
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                          the 4th time huh? when have u ever told me anything? i tend to not read dumb comments. if u dont play offline thats fine. but then dont sit there and cry that u find the game boring and wont buy it. Playing it vs the cpu on AP and AM isnt going to give u any clue as to how it will feel against a online opponent.
                          I said it several times in the other impressions thread. I've said it about NCAA and I've said it about madden a few times. If you failed to see it then you are blind.
                          :orly: why cause that CPU that u never play is giving u an idea of how online play will be?
                          The computer AI is the computer AI. An online user can control 1 guy on defense and the quarterback on offense to simply pass the ball. He doesn't control the run blocking, the pass blocking, the defensive pursuit, the man or zone DB AI, the pass rush, the effectiveness of playaction, pump fakes, etc. etc.

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075

I disagree. The 360 controller is fine.
                            And we all know the 360 Madden graphics and framerate will be smoother.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Herm
                              Boomshakalaka
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dave
                              I disagree. The 360 controller is fine.
                              And we all know the 360 Madden graphics and framerate will be smoother.
                              only reason i can see he is saying that is everyone bitches about the Dpad on the 360 controller like they bitch about the shoulder buttons on the ps3 controller.

these are the reasons i always hear from owners of both systems in deciding games.

Comment

• JOHNNYTHECLOWN
                                WAAAASSSSUUUUP
                                • Mar 2009

I'll say after playing the demo a couple times, on some different levels.

I prefer All Madden this year.

And my one question to everyone was do you have more control over the runner, and you really do. I think user control will be up this year, lots of route jumping and shit like that on defense... SWATs and shit... More swats will need to be used than goin for the picks, because if you go for the INT and not in position you'll get burnt

Running is nice this year. The locomotion makes it feel a little better, leaning and stayin low through the hole and stuff like that is all an upgrade to me

The GameFlow thing can stay or go in my book. It's really NFL Head Coach feely and sometimes the coaches don't rachet it back soon enough. Like in certain situations and certain games I may play more conservative just dependin on the opponent, not so much the gameplan... so idk

The D-Pad for audibles is gonna take some time, but once you get it down, you're gonna be flippin through audibles/adjustments a lot quicker i think.

And finally. I like the new kicking meter, bad kickers can't kick as well as good kickers, so that bar better move like Shaq shootin a free throw for bad kickers lol

Those are my impressions.
                                i posted it in PP's thread, figured id throw it up in here

Comment

Working...