Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herm
    Boomshakalaka
    • Oct 2008

Christian Okoye had nothing on Shonn Greene apparently.

Comment

• Epidemik
      Commitment to Excellence
      • Jul 2009

Madden has never felt more animation driven until today.

Comment

• Epidemik
        Commitment to Excellence
        • Jul 2009

*Commentary is rehashed from last year, Gus Johnson brings a bit more enthusiasm
        *Joe Rogan should do Madden Commentary alongside Gus Johnson, that would be entertainment.

Gus Johnson "PASSING DEEEPP!!!"
        Joe Rogan "Dude calm the fuck down a bit, its Jamarcus Russel throwing the ball, not Tom "Suck my Dick Bitch" Brady"

The strategy pad will take some getting used to.
        The Game feels a bit slower than last year
        Will take a little bit longer to get a good "feel" for the game

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

I agree commentary isn't where it should be yet, but Gus Johnson is light years ahead of the robot Tom Hammond.
          I don't blame Hammond - I don't dislike him as an announcer, clearly it was bad programming by the guys at Tiburon.

I remember going to last year's community event - and there were no announcers for the game we tested.
          After I heard Hammond, I knew why. They did nothing, absolutely nothing, to fix the tepid announcing.
          Hammond was a robot ... again.
          Of course the only community event attendee who called them out for this didn't get invited back.
          Their lack of attention to presentation and offline franchise has been sad.
          At least this year they admit their offline franchise sucks.
          It will be interesting to see if their presentation ever approaches NFL2k5 levels ... they've only had six years.

A few of the community attendees will say: "I let them know, I just don't post on the boards."

Sorry. I don't like that approach.

When I went to that event, I went for you guys, not EA Sports. I wanted to be honest from day one. If I had an opinion on something, I just said so. I didn't say "Geez, that wouldn't be constructive and might hurt my chances to get invited to next year's event."

If I sound bitter, it's probably true. Not because I didn't get invited back, just because now EA Sports considers OS a legit collection of critics for games.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

I played again earlier on All Madden, this time using the Colts. Beat the hell out the Jets was 24-0 at half. Manning had time to throw and Dallas Clark was unstoppable. I had 4 receptions for like 170 and 2 TDs. He hit the open field and Revis couldnt even catch him on a 76 yard catch and run about 66 of those yards was YAC. I just need to get the fucking strategy pad down.

Comment

• Chadman
              I Am Willie Beamen
              • Oct 2008

There is no way in hell i will allow the cpu to call my dam plays for me. I call my own plays. I take pride in my playcalling offensively and defensively. Im not no noob..i been playing madden for some time now. I have an idea of what plays to run in certain situations and what plays do what considering they've been the same for as long as they have. imo..i dont understand why EA would bother implementing this as thier NEW FEAture. EA and their fucking gimmicks...qb vision, run to daylight, pro tak...none of that shit stays in the game. Its eventually removed either in the next years version or year after next. Pro tak was dumbed down this year, and next year, i wouldnt be surprised if gameflow isnt in the game at all.

and btw...i have tried it and honestly i see no point. it isnt like i take more than a minute to call a play. on average i take about 10-15 seconds and more often than not, i have an idea of what type of play i wanna run next. my own gameflow is in my dam head.

Comment

• Epidemik
                Commitment to Excellence
                • Jul 2009

Its possible, and probably already been said before, that EA puts in a "big feature" (regardless of whether it works or not) to make it seem like there was an improvement over last year. Sort of slide of hand if you will.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Epidemik26
                  Its possible, and probably already been said before, that EA puts in a "big feature" (regardless of whether it works or not) to make it seem like there was an improvement over last year. Sort of slide of hand if you will.
                  Slight of hand?

And that isn't news. EA has been doing that since the Genesis days. The worst part is that sometimes they will remove a feature only to bring it back a few years later and tout it as new.

Game play is obviously number one, but presentation can not be ignored. Like Dave said, they've had six years and their presentation still can't hold a candle to 2K5 which is fucking pathetic. Also, why the fuck did they buy the ESPN license if they aren't going to fucking use it fully?

Comment

• Point Blank
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chadman
                    see below

Complaining in an impressions thread? Hmm?
                    Some people do bitch and complain. :laugh:

I had the chance to get some games in again yesterday vs my boy and had a blast. There was a few "wtf" moments but that's in every game. I'm loving this game so far though.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                      Posts a lot
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Chadman
                      Pro tak was dumbed down this year
                      How so?

Comment

• Aso
                        The Serious House
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                        Slight of hand?

And that isn't news. EA has been doing that since the Genesis days. The worst part is that sometimes they will remove a feature only to bring it back a few years later and tout it as new.

Game play is obviously number one, but presentation can not be ignored. Like Dave said, they've had six years and their presentation still can't hold a candle to 2K5 which is fucking pathetic. Also, why the fuck did they buy the ESPN license if they aren't going to fucking use it fully?
                        Well they used the ESPN license in the NCAA football game.

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                          How so?
                          It doesn't trigger nearly as much as it should and imo not as much as last year so I agree with him that it was toned down.

Comment

• Chadman
                            I Am Willie Beamen
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                            How so?
                            gang tackling? add on tackles? where the fuck did it go?

Comment

• Rudi
                              #CyCueto
                              • Nov 2008

The same place convenient pre-snap audibles and a good kicking meter went.

Comment

• Chadman
                                I Am Willie Beamen
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by goosedennis
                                Madden 11 = FAIL
                                this is the annoying goosedennis that everyone has been rambling about. how did this guy get over 500 post? this is the first time i seen him in action out of the chatbox.

Comment

Working...