• Handleit_44
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

Link: inFamous 2 - Giant Bomb Video

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

I just realized that Buzz got into the beta that started one day before PSN shit the bed and it was supposed to end today. LOL.

Comment

• KNUBB
          WHITE RONDO
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
          I just realized that Buzz got into the beta that started one day before PSN shit the bed and it was supposed to end today. LOL.

They been announced that the beta was extending.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB

They been announced that the beta was extending.
            I figured that was the case but it was still amusing nonetheless.

Comment

• strahanfan92
              Meat
              • Aug 2009

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has today confirmed the release date for one of 2011’s most eagerly anticipated titles, inFamous 2 for PlayStation 3. Embark on a voyage of self discovery from [8/10] June as you play the lead role in your very own superhero story. Battle through the morality-based gameplay inFamous is renowned for, taking in a feast of cinematic visuals and enjoying comic book style narrative along the way.

But first you’ll have to decide which DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller bundle to take home as two exclusive editions will be released in June.

For the opportunity to express your moral stance, take home either the ‘good’ DUALSHOCK 3 bundle, where your copy of inFamous 2 will come with a limited edition cosmic blue DUALSHOCK 3 controller; or, for the more morally ambiguous out there,

choose the ‘evil’ bundle which comes with a crimson red wireless controller. For fans new to the series and PS3, the inFamous 2 PS3 bundle comes with a copy of the game, 320GB PS3 console and black DUALSHOCK 3 controller.

Also confirmed today by Sony, every inFamous 2 copy will give you access to Uncharted 3 Beta

inFamous fans everywhere will also be able to get their hands on two limited editions of the game. The Special Edition comes packed with a powershot of extra digital content including the Electrocution Grenade, Gold Amp and an exclusive Cole MacGrath skin (as well as a stunning lenticular cover). Alternatively, you can harness the power of a hero and pick up the luxury Hero Edition which comes complete with Lightning Hook downloadable power, Kessler skin, a Cole MacGrath figurine and inFamous comic from graphic novel legends DC Comics, a replica Cole MacGrath messenger bag and an inFamous 2 digital soundtrack.

Comment

• Sean
                No longer a noob
                • Nov 2008

this, LA Noire, and Batman AC are probably the only story based games I pick up this year, outside of these games, maybe Madden 12 or 2k12, and thats all

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Well, fuck, I just bought a new DS3 from Best Buy but I haven't opened it. Does anyone know what the price of these bundles are? The box art looks like it's Europe only?

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

how much is that bundle?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                      how much is that bundle?
                      I can't find a link for them anywhere?

Edit: I found the link he posted and it looks like it's Europe only. If so that is fucking bullshit.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                        Meat
                        • Aug 2009

InFamous 2 Hero special collector’s edition and pre-order goodies shown

Comment

• Handleit_44
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Link: Infamous 2: Sucker Punch Responds!

Ken Schramm: There are new ways to travel. Trust me, we have some surprises that we aren't going to reveal. There are some big powers actually, some big parkour powers that we haven't revealed yet. [In terms of size], it's relatively the same size. If anything New Marais is bigger. The difference there is that Infamous 1 was three islands whereas Infamous 2 is two islands, and sort of like this swamp blockade area that we have. The main storyline does develop on two islands though.

Joe Ishikura: I think one of the cooler parts about it is that there's a lot more variety out there in the districts themselves.
                          Ken Schramm: Well, the functionality is a little bit different in [your] powers this time around. What he's referring to is that in Infamous 1 there were a lot of RPG elements. There's still some of that – some of the upgrades, but more importantly, it's not about upgrading the grenades, say, three stages of good and three stages of bad, like we did, right? We just have six to eight options, of different grenades. You choose now, which ones you want to go into a battle scenario with, allowing you a directional left to make those quick switches. You can go from one to another - just like that. [clicks fingers] It's more about the variety and variances of the powers rather than the upgrading of powers. Now don't get me wrong – there are some powers that you can still upgrade, but [it's about choice]…

Coming back to the RPG aspect I was talking about, I want to make sure there's a distinction here. In Infamous 1, if you take grenades and you upgrade them three levels, it felt like we were keeping these powers [the three for the opposite karma] away from you. In the variances now, let's say you've got eight. There's still going to be two or three that are associated with karma, but you still get five or six more, you just don't get two or three.
                          Joe Ishikura: You absolutely get to impact the way the game ends… Within the main storyline itself we have much bigger changes that go through it. We know that players loved playing the [original] game twice, so we decided about 20-25% of the game is actually going to be exclusive content for one side or the other. And so, [karma's] a really big choice. And of course, some of these choices have even cooler consequences, like the Kuo or Nix choice, where you either get the ice powers or the napalm/fire-based powers. So those are the big changes that we made – the big choices that players make, but we've got a lot of little stuff too.

We tried to make it so you have even more opportunities to both express your karmic state, but in addition to that, one of the funner things we do is that we try to entice you to go the opposite route. Our favourite [example] is the Blast Shard carrier. We've brought back Blast Shards from Infamous 1. They're these collectables that power you up, and to the average pedestrian they're just kinda cool looking things, so we decided that – you know what? – let's say some of the pedestrians picked up some of these Blast Shards. If you're playing good and you want that Blast Shard? The only way to get it is to knock 'em down. So it's a really tiny moment in the game, but we tried to pepper those all around the world.
                          We actually honestly haven't figured that out yet. What we have figured out is – yes, you will be able to take your save game with you. Now, what bonuses we offer that Infamous 1 player that finished the game and transfers out over to Infamous 2, we're still trying to work that out, but it will happen. We want to make sure that people know – if you haven't played Infamous 1, a) go play it!, but if you haven't, you're not going to get punished. You're just going to start setting your karmic state right off the bat. Everybody gets the same powers and everything like that. [The players that did finish Infamous 1] will just be able to get their karmic state and there'll be a few other bonuses…

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

I love the part about how it says each side (bad/good) has exclusive content. Nice.

I still haven't played the original a second time but something like that would encourage me more.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I popped the first one back in earlier and I'm probably going to run tbrough as Bad Cole. I'll probably end up getting this day one although it's garbage that Europe gets the controller bundles and we don't.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

More pics for the "Hero Edition," unboxed...

The Box

Everything out of the Box

The Figure

The Sling Pack

Variant Cover Issue #1

You also get all of the special pre-order DLC in the form of a Super Voucher that you'd only be able to get individually through separate sources...

EX: You can only get the 24K Gold Amp melee weapon through Amazon if you don't get the Hero Edition.

Some of the DLC

You also get Sly Cooper's Cane, a Caveman Club and a Samurai Sword Amp variant set as well to go with a soundtrack full of music not found in stores.

That and the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta code.
                                Lots of Swag to go with a soon-to-be great game.

Comment

Working...