X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Loco
    I hope this means weight matters, not just strength and height. If a dude is 6'0 210 and another 6'0 180 the heavier guy better have priority for position.
    Position isn't that cut and draw, but I do feel they addressed it in NHL11. You didn't see Martin St.Louis type players bulldozing Chara players all to often. Then could hit them, but that was that.

I just hope they change it so a 6"9' 230 player is not as fast as a 6"0' 200lbs player with jacked speed. I just want the attributes to work.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

The new benches, long overdue having the real players on the bench.

Can't wait to roof em off the crossbar out of this position.

Finally added Premiere games in Europe to start the season.

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

Well at least they are getting details correct. Again this is why NHL > Madden. We get realistic players on the bench, winter classic/euro games....they get a green sticker.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Boucher
          King of EDM
          • Jul 2009

Theres like 15 guys on the bench lol

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
            I literally know nothing.
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Boucher
            Well normally you have 14, sounds about right.

Comment

• Ravin
              Dishing the Gino's
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Boucher
              Are you going to break your balls over 1 extra player? That is something I'd see Madden guys doing.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ryne candy
                Aggie C/O '01
                • Feb 2009

EA Sports is making sure NHL 12 is as authentic as possible this year, even if a team relocates to Canada during the playoffs.

The National Hockey League announced this morning that the True North Sports and Entertainment ownership group has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers, with plans to move the team to Winnipeg, Manitoba for the 2011-12 season.

EA Sports confirmed to IGN the newly relocated team will be included in this year's title, set for release this September.

"We're excited to welcome the Thrashers to their home in Winnipeg for the 2011-12 NHL season," the company said. "Once we have confirmation on the team's new name and jerseys, we will be taking the necessary steps to incorporate them into NHL 12.

"We will have more details in the near future."

Comment

• Ravin
                  Dishing the Gino's
                  • Feb 2009

Well I would sure as fuck hope they would do that. Wouldn't take much since league divisions are staying the same. Just change jerseys and arena design, and there you go. Add some commentary into it.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ryne candy
                    Aggie C/O '01
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                    Well I would sure as fuck hope they would do that. Wouldn't take much since league divisions are staying the same. Just change jerseys and arena design, and there you go. Add some commentary into it.
                    For some reason I was thinking it was coming out early August when I was reading this.

Comment

• Ravin
                      Dishing the Gino's
                      • Feb 2009

I guess the only issue I would want fixed is that I hope they would put out a patch with realignment stuff, because for the entire length of the game you're going to have Winnipeg in the Southeast division, as I don't think in be a gm mode you can change teams like you can in Season Mode (which is a single season of play).

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• sraczk2011
                        West Coast Bias
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                        I guess this means Thorne and Clement haven't added their 10 yearly new lines of commentary yet.

Comment

• Ravin
                          Dishing the Gino's
                          • Feb 2009

Some info on goalies. Now if you play goal you can push guys away and can actually slide off the post into the butterfly without having the second where you guys is locked to the post. Always the biggest bitch when playing net because you had to wait that split second.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Ravin
                            Dishing the Gino's
                            • Feb 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzxXlAGnBA[/ame]

More Winter Classic with a little game play involved. LOL at the penalty off the faceoff basically. This shows the action tracker and how indepth it will be as well. Every hit, shot, all saved and viewable. Hopefully saveable as well, but we'll see.

Game play stuff is I guess suppose to come out tomorrow and the 9th, so hopefully more info soon.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Action tracker seems pretty cool, everything else was "meh". Not that there was much else shown and I'm not big on playing an "outdated" outdoor game, it's pretty overrated as a feature.

I did read the goalie impressions from community day on the EA forums, outside of his glowing opinion (which doesn't mean squat) he did mention that goalies can shove the forwards in their face, goalies transition from standing/post/butterfly/desperation much smoother which is a huge annoyance as a user goalie.

Goalies will have diff styles and use different saves on the same kinds of shots. Not sure how in depth that's going to be, but long overdue.

Also, no goalies fighting in OTP, however allowed in EASHL, where the RW will serve the 5 mins for the goalie.

Comment

• Ravin
                                Dishing the Gino's
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                                Action tracker seems pretty cool, everything else was "meh". Not that there was much else shown and I'm not big on playing an "outdated" outdoor game, it's pretty overrated as a feature.

I did read the goalie impressions from community day on the EA forums, outside of his glowing opinion (which doesn't mean squat) he did mention that goalies can shove the forwards in their face, goalies transition from standing/post/butterfly/desperation much smoother which is a huge annoyance as a user goalie.

Goalies will have diff styles and use different saves on the same kinds of shots. Not sure how in depth that's going to be, but long overdue.

Also, no goalies fighting in OTP, however allowed in EASHL, where the RW will serve the 5 mins for the goalie.

Least it isn't in OTP. That is awesome. EASHL whatever. Glad the goalie is getting a much needed make over. The transition shit was the biggest bitch when playing the goalie.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

Working...