Nintendo E3 2011 Discussion Thread (Press - 6/7)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Handleit_44
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

[3DS] Nintendo E3 2011 Discussion Thread (Press - 6/7)

The press conference is on Tuesday, June 7 at 9:00AM PST/11AM CT/12PM ET.
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

I wonder if Nintendo still makes Zelda and Mario games?

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      I wonder if Nintendo still makes Zelda and Mario games?
      Expect to see more of that Zelda Wii game that they showed last year (Skyward Sword).

This conference will either be amazing or dull. Nintendo can never have anything in between.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
        Expect to see more of that Zelda Wii game that they showed last year (Skyward Sword).

This conference will either be amazing or dull. Nintendo can never have anything in between.
        Personally, I've been over Nintendo shit since the SNES. So yeah, it's hard to get amped to hear about ANOTHER Zelda or Mario game. I wonder if in this new version of Zelda the end boss is Ganon? That would be shocking. Or maybe if they don't want to be that edgy, they can focus on coming up with an interesting new collectible for the next Mario game. Stars would be awesome, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• Buzzman
          • Oct 2008

last years E3 was da bomb and I dont even own a Wii.

Comment

• Handleit_44
            Posts a lot
            • Jun 2009

Link: What Will The Big Three Have In Store For E3? (Nintendo)

Nintendo E3 2010 press conference highlights:
            • Nintendo 3DS gets a proper introduction with reveals for Kid Icarus: Uprising, The
            • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, and more. Crowd is amazed
            • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword’s exciting debut suffers from technical glitches
            • GoldenEye 007, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country revealed

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Apparently they are bringing the original Zelda to the 3DS eShop in 3D for. For what fucking reason? It's a top down game.

The only thing I care about is the Project Cafe shit.

Comment

• Diivox
                It's the other way.
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                Apparently they are bringing the original Zelda to the 3DS eShop in 3D for. For what fucking reason? It's a top down game.
                Nothing in 3D is worth the price, it's just some bullshit to make extra money - that works, making lots, and lots of extra money.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                  Posts a lot
                  • Jun 2009

Link: Nikkei Confirms Wii 2 Controller Details

In advance of Nintendo's E3 press conference next week, Nikkei has leaked out details on the Wii successor. The report (registration required) mirrors much of what has surfaced over the past few weeks.

Wii 2 will feature a new type of controller that includes a touch screen. The controller will give tablet-like controls to games, tapping the touch panel to control the characters on your television, for instance. The controller can also be used as a portable game machine.

The touch panel on the controller is six inches. The controller itself has a built in rechargeable battery and includes a camera. The camera can be used for a variety of play opportunities -- for instance, a player making an avatar of himself for use in a game.

Nikkei says that Wii 2 could be released as early as mid of 2012. The site lists the system as "Wii successor console."

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

VSN's coverage of this in the chatbox right now is hilarious.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

new console my ass.........smh

Comment

• Boucher
                        King of EDM
                        • Jul 2009

I'm confused is this just a wii add on or is the controller the new console?

Comment

• TeflonDonny
                          Deal....No Deal
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Boucher
                          I'm confused is this just a wii add on or is the controller the new console?
                          That was the controller. Here is the new console.

And to go along with the new controller, the first look at Nintendo's new console hardware. More details soon!

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Rumored specs for the Wii U (see ryne candy's comment below):

EDIT: From Nintendo's press release:

Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM PowerŪ-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

Comment

• Buzzman
                              • Oct 2008

Wow so its backwards compatible with Wii and Gamecube games, and the new games will be on blu ray discs. I am defenitly going to be buying this. I am guessing they are saving the price for E3 next year?

Comment

Working...