Nintendo E3 2011 Discussion Thread (Press - 6/7)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost56
    True Blue
    • Feb 2009

super mario galaxy is an amazing game

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Watching this conference now.

Miyamoto is such a nerd but so awesome.

Instead of a gold remote they should've went with a gold box and gold disc with Skyward Sword, ala the gold cartridge and box from the original NES game.

Mario Kart looks cool but ultimately it's the same ol', same ol'. Being able to glide and drive underwater isn't really going to change gameplay much.

LOL at Star Fox. I love how Nintendo constantly encourages you to turn and twist the 3DS which completely defeats the purpose of the 3D feature. Why do they insist on this? I honestly don't why the included a gyroscope and accelerometer in the damn thing. I like the camera feature but how long before someone shoves their dick in front of the camera after winning a race?

Super Mario 3D is going to be, of course, awesome.

I just don't know what it is but Kid Icarus doesn't do anything for me. And the multiplayer looks like a giant snorefest.

Luigi's Mansion was a terrible game. Why are they bringing that garbage back?

I couldn't care less about Pokemon. Next!

WiiU? Worst console name ever? Probably. I didn't think Nintendo could top the Wii but they did. The technology of the controller does look pretty damn cool.

Oh, so Nintendo is finally getting serious about the INTERNET? Yeah, I've heard that before.

So you only get one of those controllers and the person who has it has the advantage? That has kid fight YouTube videos written all over it. "Mommy, Jimmy's using the good controller again!"

I despise Reggie. He's such a douche. I hate how he speaks, so slow and deliberate, like he's talking to a kindergarten class.

Grade: C+

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
        Spellin' n' shit
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
        Um, speak for someone else, not me. I have never bought a CoD game, and the only sports game I've bought in the last 10 years has been the Show. And are you serious? You collect the same shit in every Zelda game ever, every Metroid game, every Mario game. There are slight variations between iterations but the story is always the same (see: fucking terrible and juvenile) and you essentially do the same shit every one, with some silly new gimmick tossed in depending on the edition.
        Compare Ocarina of Time with Zelda II and tell me they are exactly the same. Do the same with Galaxy 2 and SMB3.

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DoubleDeuce
          Compare Ocarina of Time with Zelda II and tell me they are exactly the same. Do the same with Galaxy 2 and SMB3.
          Zelda 2 is the only unique one in the damn series. Galaxy 2 is three dimensional, that's really the only difference.

I don't understand why people that love Nintendo always insist on trying to convince me of how great it is. I am not buying it nor will I ever, and that's my choice. What difference does it make to you? It comes across like you're trying to convince yourself.

Nintendo has regurgitated the same stories and the same mechanics in their games since the 90's. It's a shame, because they clearly have a lot of great ideas, just no clue how to implement them in any fresh way.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
            True Blue
            • Feb 2009

u hate nintendo. we get it. now move along

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
              u hate nintendo. we get it. now move along
              He quoted me, douche. I responded. You aren't capable of any worthwhile discussion. We get it. Move along.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

you got it douche

Comment

• tigstah
                  Mr. Casual Gamer
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  Watching this conference now.

Miyamoto is such a nerd but so awesome.

Instead of a gold remote they should've went with a gold box and gold disc with Skyward Sword, ala the gold cartridge and box from the original NES game.

Mario Kart looks cool but ultimately it's the same ol', same ol'. Being able to glide and drive underwater isn't really going to change gameplay much.

LOL at Star Fox. I love how Nintendo constantly encourages you to turn and twist the 3DS which completely defeats the purpose of the 3D future. Why do they insist on this? I honestly don't why the included a gyroscope and accelerometer in the damn thing. I like the camera feature but how long before someone shoves their dick in front of the camera after winning a race?

Super Mario 3D is going to be, of course, awesome.

I just don't know what it is but Kid Icarus doesn't do anything for me. And the multiplayer looks like a giant snorefest.

Luigi's Mansion was a terrible game. Why are they bringing that garbage back?

I couldn't care less about Pokemon. Next!

WiiU? Worst console name ever? Probably. I didn't think Nintendo could top the Wii but they did. The technology of the controller does look pretty damn cool.

Oh, so Nintendo is finally getting serious about the INTERNET? Yeah, I've heard that before.

So you only get one of those controllers and the person who has it has the advantage? That has kid fight YouTube videos written all over it. "Mommy, Jimmy's using the good controller again!"

I despise Reggie. He's such a douche. I hate how he speaks, so slow and deliberate, like he's talking to a kindergarten class.

Grade: C+
                  i heard wii u doing the conference and thought....seriously...thats it. your marketing dept came up with this. whiff

one ipad controller.....2 10 year old kids fighting over it equals one broken controller.

i swear the mario games have the same theme....save that fucking princess. again....she was snatched again. the only nintendo system i owned was the n64 and that was to play goldeneye...and only because of the rumble pack.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by tigstah
                    i heard wii u doing the conference and thought....seriously...thats it. your marketing dept came up with this. whiff

one ipad controller.....2 10 year old kids fighting over it equals one broken controller.

i swear the mario games have the same theme....save that fucking princess. again....she was snatched again. the only nintendo system i owned was the n64 and that was to play goldeneye...and only because of the rumble pack.
                    Yup. Having one controller is going to be the worst decision ever.

Of course Mario games are basically the same. It's not about the stories in those games though. They are entertaining and fun to me and usually challenging. I still have to play SMG2 though. I've heard it's awesome.

Comment

Working...