X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CCBrink
    Wait till you get used to it. I thought the same at first too. The more you drive, the more you will realize how much better the driving is.
    thats great to hear!

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

I don't want to sound all here but, I am about 3 hours in and I'm kind of bored

I know that this is kind of how R* games can go, but I know I'm in the minority here and it's bumming me out.

Comment

• Helicopter
        V Why?
        • Feb 2009

I'd kind of like to play this game. Picked it up on Tuesday for PS3. Froze on the "Loading Story Mode" and never started up. Did some research on Wednesday, deleted all GTA files, and did a "File System Restore" on the PS3. This seemed to work after I reinstalled the game and started it up. I played for a few hours and had the game freeze on me after robbing the jewelry store. Tried doing the restore thing again and it didn't work this time. Any suggestions? All other games run fine, by the way.

sigpic

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Maynard
          Swarley, idk how you can say the driving is great...feels like your driving on ice.
          Unless I'm doing something dumb, I'm in complete control when I'm driving. Go pop in GTA IV and then you'll understand.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

im slipping and sliding all over the place. i guess your forza skills are helping you out

have you come across any console commands for this game? seems like a shit load of bloom on the ps3. alot of jaggy edges and stuff. im so used to pc games that this is kind of rough to look at. the amount of bloom is brutal. i turn down the brightness then its too dark at night.

Comment

• Garrett67
              Glory Hole Monitor
              • Feb 2009

You get used to the driving and I believe their skills increase.

I also play PC games I don't think the game looks too bad. What are you watching on and how far away are you? I'm on 6 year old 56 inch TV but I'm probably 8 feet away from it so maybe that is part of the reason but I think the game is pretty decent. My tv gets ghostly if I get close to it, so that might in essence be smoothing it out.

Personally I think the game is the best you're driving on the highway and using the Hood-view, I think it is pretty realistic.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                #GoHawks
                • Feb 2009

Loving Dom
                I give rep not thanks
                My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• ryne candy
                  Aggie C/O '01
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                  I'm over the Giant Bomb guys. They just can't like games anymore. They act better than all games not called DOTA. Tried listening to there Tuesday podcast and they just act totally uninterested in the game
                  I'm guessing this was more of a Ryan type of game...now we just hear all about DOTA from Brad.

Some of my pics in-game:

Trevor's Car

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                    I'm over the Giant Bomb guys. They just can't like games anymore. They act better than all games not called DOTA. Tried listening to there Tuesday podcast and they just act totally uninterested in the game
                    They record the podcast on Monday so only one of them had played it.

There's no accounting for taste, but I don't really understand the complaint about them not liking games anymore or what you mean by they act better than all games not called Dota (Brad is the only one who plays it and the other guys spend more time trolling him than anything). The podcast has always been all over the map topic wise, and they've fawned over a number of games, besides Dota 2.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                      #GoHawks
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                      They record the podcast on Monday so only one of them had played it.

There's no accounting for taste, but I don't really understand the complaint about them not liking games anymore or what you mean by they act better than all games not called Dota (Brad is the only one who plays it and the other guys spend more time trolling him than anything). The podcast has always been all over the map topic wise, and they've fawned over a number of games, besides Dota 2.
                      Hey I get it. You like their podcast and will defend it. But the tone of their voices has zero interest in gta v. And this is all audio, not video, so tone matters.
                      I give rep not thanks
                      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

In case you guys didn't catch this. This is how much detail Rockstar put into this game.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                          #GoHawks
                          • Feb 2009

Anyone know how to get to the top of the Maze Bank building?
                          I give rep not thanks
                          My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Leftwich
                            In case you guys didn't catch this. This is how much detail Rockstar put into this game.

I wouldn't recommend performing Heists in a pair of Flops IRL, but if given the option, go for it in-game.

"Nope, I'm just visiting on vacation officer..."

Comment

• tigstah
                              Mr. Casual Gamer
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                              im slipping and sliding all over the place. i guess your forza skills are helping you out

have you come across any console commands for this game? seems like a shit load of bloom on the ps3. alot of jaggy edges and stuff. im so used to pc games that this is kind of rough to look at. the amount of bloom is brutal. i turn down the brightness then its too dark at night.
                              i noticed the sliding all over the place earlier today. you fishtail alot. dont get me wrong i like this game alot.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by tigstah
                                i noticed the sliding all over the place earlier today. you fishtail alot. dont get me wrong i like this game alot.
                                Part of it has to do with your Driving stat per character.

Since Franklin's basically an F1/Rally Car/NASCAR driver, he tends to stick to the road better (that and the cheater mode he has as a special power).

The other two get better over time as long as you don't crash into everything in front of you.

Comment

Working...