X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
    Why does it appear to be debunked? We know nothing about the game outside of the trailer.

If the rumors of multiple protagonists is true, these things could all still be relevant.
    i believe the speculation in Nevermind's link a lot more than that line of bullshit that clown was trying to sell.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      i believe the speculation in Nevermind's link a lot more than that line of bullshit that clown was trying to sell.
      All that link did was talk about what was in the video. Again, I have no clue what's actually going to happen, but I don't think that 4chan stuff should be written off.

Plus, if it was the return of Vercetti, don't you think they would have Ray Liotta reprise his role? He has already confirmed that it wasn't his voice in the trailer.

Comment

• Point Blank
        Needs a hobby
        • Oct 2008

Damn, those graphics look amazing.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
          I Can Score Goals
          • Dec 2008

Fucking right San Andreas >>>>>>>

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

All that link did was talk about what was in the video. Again, I have no clue what's actually going to happen, but I don't think that 4chan stuff should be written off.

Plus, if it was the return of Vercetti, don't you think they would have Ray Liotta reprise his role? He has already confirmed that it wasn't his voice in the trailer.
            Trailer length was wrong

And the guy in the trailer is a middle aged retired gangster not some young hombre the 4Chan junk was going about
            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• BrntO4Life
              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
              And the guy in the trailer is a middle aged retired gangster not some young hombre the 4Chan junk was going about
              Again, the rumors of multiple protagonists could still be true.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Interesting, in an article on GameInformer, two of the games industry analysts who they talked to about what kind of sales this game will have predicted that it will ship around May-June. I'd love that personally.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Again, the rumors of multiple protagonists could still be true.
                  Dude, I'm just telling you that 4chan post reeks of some douche trolling for attention. It just seems like shit that almost anyone could try to speculate about.

I just think it's completely naive to even think that there is any truth in that bullshit at all.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                    Interesting, in an article on GameInformer, two of the games industry analysts who they talked to about what kind of sales this game will have predicted that it will ship around May-June. I'd love that personally.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...edictions.aspx
                    That would be awesome because usually that time of year is pretty barren as far as releases are concerned. But haven't all GTA games released in October? Or did GTA IV break that mold? I know RDR released in May so I guess anything is possible.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                      Posts a lot
                      • Jun 2009

I doubt it will release in the same quarter as Max Payne 3.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                        I doubt it will release in the same quarter as Max Payne 3.
                        Oh yeah, great point. I forgot all about that.

Comment

• Swarley
                          A Special Kind of Cat
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          That would be awesome because usually that time of year is pretty barren as far as releases are concerned. But haven't all GTA games released in October? Or did GTA IV break that mold? I know RDR released in May so I guess anything is possible.
                          Just looked it up, GTA 4 released on April 29th.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                            Posts a lot
                            • Jun 2009

Yeah. It was delayed out of October, and came out in the spring.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                              • Mar 2009

Rockstar won't cannibalize their own products. I think this releases in the Spring of 2013.

Comment

• Chrispy
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Dec 2008

Found something interesting that might reveal the release date

A scene showing a house-owner erecting a 'For Sale' sign features the carefully placed number '2405' on the curb at the foot of the screen - could this hint at a 24 May release?

Rockstar has a recent history of May release dates, with both Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire. 24 May next year is a Thursday, however.

GTA IV was revealed six months ahead of a planned launch, but was delayed until April 2008. Rockstar is also launching Max Payne 3 in early March 2012.

Analysts are already predicting a Summer 2012 release for GTA 5, with Mike Hickey telling NowGamer that he suspects a May launch. Michael Pachter thinks it will launch ahead of next year's E3, while Zavvi has the game pegged for July.

If you're unsure of the significance of '2405' or the date 24 May how about this: the soundtrack to the GTA 5 trailer, 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' by Small Faces was originally released on 24 May 1968.

Coincidence?

Comment

Working...