X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Leftwich

Saw this on Reddit, interesting. Doesn't matter to me because i know this game will look good regardless.
    ubisoft does that ALL the time, though in this case I wonder if the promoshot is from the yet to be announced/purely speculating here Next gen Version

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      I know how you meant it and it still doesn't make sense. Just because that's your logic about game releases and production doesn't mean it's the norm. Hell,sometimes we'll see box art as the first news about a game.

I still don't see how box art is important or some sort of milestone to the lead up of a game at all.

It's just funny how a series like GTA as so well renound that they can release what the game rating is going to be and it sparks so much discussion, even if it is "M" like it's been for every game in the franchise. "Hey guyz, new screen shot of M rating on GTA 5 jus released! Boner! Splooge! OMGz!"

Maybe it's because games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have done thing so much better than GTA recently I just don't get excited about every minute detail anymore.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
        What's funny about that statement? It's a pretty accurate statement. Saints Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs do it so much better than GTA4 did that it's not even funny. I can understand why someone may not think so with SR3, b/c it's so goofy and over top (even though it's still amazing), but if that's not your style, Sleeping Dogs is a great comparison and does it all better. I was able to plow through SR3 and Sleeping Dogs rather quickly b/c it was just so addictive, but I had to take multiple breaks from GTA4. I'm not saying it was a bad game, but they definitely need to step it up.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

Sorry but both of those felt like cheap games especially the actual game mechanics. You know things like driving and shooting just felt like shit.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Sorry but both of those felt like cheap games especially the actual game mechanics. You know things like driving and shooting just felt like shit.
            Did you even play them? The controls in SD especially were amazing. The driving shits all over GTA4. I felt like I was controlling a cement truck in GTA4. The combat, shooting, parkour, slow mo action in SD blows anything in GTA away.

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

I remember the driving in GTA4 being very floaty....not heavy.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                War Hero
                • May 2012

Oh and your comparing a game made in 2006-2007 to games that aren't even a year old. Good shit.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Oh and your comparing a game made in 2006-2007 to games that aren't even a year old. Good shit.
                  You laughed at the idea that these newer games (SR3 is a 2011 game btw) were better than GTA4, so what's wrong with comparing them? It's not like we're comparing Skyrim to Asteroids.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

What were you doing then?

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Swarley
                      You laughed at the idea that these newer games (SR3 is a 2011 game btw) were better than GTA4, so what's wrong with comparing them? It's not like we're comparing Skyrim to Asteroids.
                      I actually enjoyed Asteroids more than Skyrim.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

The lock on aiming in GTA was antiquated when that game released. Rockstar finally fixed it with Red Dead giving us the "Expert Aim" option which is just free aim.

Driving controls sucked in GTA.

The story in GTA was same shit/different game.

Sleeping Dogs does all of that better and by a large margin. Saints Row does as well but it's just so over the top ridiculous that I can understand why some people would write it off.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

"Radio Googoo, Radio Gahgah, Radio Googoo!"

Looks hysterical, I just wish it was on next gen consoles because the graphics look muddy.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Is Twigg going to let us get excited about this or no?
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                Is Twigg going to let us get excited about this or no?
                                No we must all admit Sleeping Dogs is the greatest game ever.

Comment

Working...