Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Anyone here read Bissell's review/letter about GTAV over at Grantland?

Curious about some of the opinions on it. I found it very interesting, even if at times it reminded me of how curious it is that Bissell even reviews these games. I will definitely say, he articulates my early feelings on the game very well, as far as how it was hard for me to get into the game on a narrative level.

Comment

• Pitty
      Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
      • Feb 2009

Has anyone actually heard Regulate on West Coast Classics? or is it just a lie that it's in the game?

Comment

• Vinsane
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Pitty
        Has anyone actually heard Regulate on West Coast Classics? or is it just a lie that it's in the game?
        You know? Now that you mention it I haven't and this is the only radio station that I listen to.
        25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Pitty
          Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
          You know? Now that you mention it I haven't and this is the only radio station that I listen to.
          It doesn't help that the game's music algorithm is already terrible and plays 3-4 songs from a station at a much higher rate than others, but I legitimately think it's not there.

Comment

• Sharkweather
            • Jul 2009

Did this slightly bother anyone else about option C?

Only a very tiny complaint, but I felt they should have matched up who was sent to kill who instead of it being the way it was. I get that they were probably trying to convey the idea that the 3 people who you were trying to kill would be less likely to suspect the person you had to use to kill them, but I think it would have been better if they set it up like a final showdown between Franklin/Stretch, Trevor/Cheng, Michael/Steve.

Comment

• Sharkweather
              • Jul 2009

End game report from Dr. Friedlander

Not sure what to make of this one - interesting, up to a point, but also very, very, boring.
              Tries to see good in everybody, with disastrous effects.
              Show me the father and I will show you the neuroses.
              Too easy with money.
              Voyeuristic.
              Avoids certain seamy behaviors - unfortunately not all of them.
              Lazy and self absorbed, but needy.
              Thinks they are a wise type who sees the bigger picture.
              Easily offended to point of extreme rage.
              Frighteningly cold hearted about other people when it comes to property, etc.
              Attempts at spirituality not unsuccessful. Unlike crime career.
              Lazy.
              Picks up lots of weird people.
              Lazy in some ways.
              Help!

Comment

• Vinsane
                • Nov 2008

I enjoyed going to the psychologist but, I haven't seen the little bubble pop up in a long while? He even texted me for a phone session that was unsuccessful. I'm going to try to call him again on my next grind session and try to knock this game out before online opens up.
                25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Pitty
                  I've heard Gin and Juice so many times I can't listen to it anymore. I hope they can find a way to fix it, because the same songs continually pop up. I've also heard the song from Suicidal Tendancies way too much.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

Mmm.

Bought McKenzie Airport with Trevor finally... the amount of money you get for transporting guns via plane and dune buggy is fucking magical.

If/when I start filling out real estate purchases, I'm gonna start putting all the money into stocks, let that shit grow and then keep cycling that through until I get 100%.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                      • Jul 2009

Damn. Regarding the stock market/assassination missions, here is how much money I ended up with.

Saved the last 4 assassination missions until the end and had $28M to invest with after the big score. Each character is now well above $1.5B after doing those missions and the Tinkle stock side mission.

So I guess it is very possible and those people with billions of dollars weren't kidding.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                        Damn. Regarding the stock market/assassination missions, here is how much money I ended up with.

Saved the last 4 assassination missions until the end and had $28M to invest with after the big score. Each character is now well above $1.5B after doing those missions and the Tinkle stock side mission.

So I guess it is very possible and those people with billions of dollars weren't kidding.
                        Time to buy the golf course...

In other news, the "Mineward Spiral" Off-road Race is mine at 01:37:896.

would pitch a fit after I crushed his record by a handful of seconds.

Comment

• jms493
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                          Time to buy the golf course...

In other news, the "Mineward Spiral" Off-road Race is mine at 01:37:896.

would pitch a fit after I crushed his record by a handful of seconds.
                          he is a terrible driver...

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
                            he is a terrible driver...
                            The way I hear tell, I'M the terrible one.

If my fellow FOOT Clan members have time enough to bang out the races to post times, I'd appreciate it.

Fast times = Wheelman, not Navigator, Back Seat or Bitch Seat.

Comment

• TeflonDonny
                              Deal....No Deal
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather

I hate you

Comment

• stevsta
                                ¿Que?
                                • Oct 2008

That yoga mission
                                Last edited by stevsta; 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM.
                                RIP

Comment

Working...