X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T.Dot
    A Real RockNRolla
    • Nov 2008

MLB 2K9 FULL GAME Impressions

Getting the game tonight at my neighbourhood EB Games store, going to a friends house after through but I will try and get some impressions about the game up around 12-1 EST.

• Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

I thought it came out March 3?

Comment

• T.Dot
      A Real RockNRolla
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cpollack09
      I thought it came out March 3?
      yah, i read some thread here on vsn saying that some stores got it early so I called and they said they had it and i could come pick it up, idk, better for me thru

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

I hope you are going to post pictures of the game...then I will believe you cause I thought I read on 2k that they didnt ship them out to stores yet.

Comment

• T.Dot
          A Real RockNRolla
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
          I hope you are going to post pictures of the game...then I will believe you cause I thought I read on 2k that they didnt ship them out to stores yet.
          sure, i will. I assume its screenshot maker is the same as NBA 2K9.
          Idk, if its truth but I swear that I called EB Games and they said they had the game
          Just need to know what teams you want for screenshots

Comment

• Miggy
            The Situation
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
            Idk, if its truth but I swear that I called EB Games and they said they had the game
            Miguel Cabrera please :D
            [10-08, 21:30] JayDizzle An alligator will kill you the fuck dead

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
              Redsox
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
              Get me a Papelbon screen shot. Dont be surprised if EB gamees doesnt have it though. Some people that work there are retarded.

Comment

• T.Dot
                A Real RockNRolla
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                Miguel Cabrera please :D
                ill try and get him in all the Tigers' jerseys for you.

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                  Get me a Papelbon screen shot. Dont be surprised if EB gamees doesnt have it though. Some people that work there are retarded.
                  I really really really hope they do and I got the guys name just in case so I'll file a complaint if they dont have, lokl
                  and i can do the Papelbon thing if I do get it.

Comment

• PNovak
                    No longer a noob
                    • Dec 2008

I bet they looked up last years game. Happens to me with sports games every year. Half the guys that work at GS are total dorks that don't know shit outside of D&D.
                    I LOVE VSN

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

I just went on 2ksports and someone did indeed have the game. Posted a picture of him with it along with a middle finger to everyone who didnt believe hime. So they very well could have it and they very well might not have it

Comment

• PNovak
                        No longer a noob
                        • Dec 2008

Yes, but did he get it from GameStop? I highly doubt it. I bet that guy got it from a Mom and Pop store.
                        I LOVE VSN

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                          Redsox
                          • Oct 2008

Yeah most likely. And I actually believe GS isnt allowed to put them out early I think and can get in trouble by some companies

Comment

• The Messenger
                            • Nov 2008

The only way you get any game from Gamestop early is if you are cool with the store manager. They'll give you the game, take the money, then process it when the game officially releases.

Little game stores (not chains) will sell them early because there's little to no chance they get caught selling them. I'm gonna call up my Games Plus and see when's the earliest they can get me The Show.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• T.Dot
                              A Real RockNRolla
                              • Nov 2008

I'll go over the chain of events of today relating to MLB 2K9

-called EB Games, talked to Drew, asked if they had it, he said yes, hung up
                              -Went to mall with friends
                              -Went to EB Games
                              -Talked to Drew and asked him for the game and he told me he wasn't allowed to sell it yet, I told him I was the guy he talked to on the phone and he said he remembererd me and that I had asked him if he had the game, not if I could buy it. To furthur prove that it's pointless to withhold a game until the "supposed" release date, Drew showed me a copy of both MLB 2K9 and MLB 09 The Show and told me he thought the same as all of us-that it was stupid to withhold games- he told me they had had the game since Wednesday but weren't allowed to sell it or they'd get sued or some shit, I asked if there was any way around it and he said no but told me to call back Monday night and ask for him and he might be able to get it for me then, I'm really really frustrated right now that he couldn't give me the game even through they had it, I will try this small toy store near my house tomorrow to see if they have it.

Sorry guys but I truly thought I'd be playing MLB 2K9 right now.

Comment

Working...