• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Guys im gonna be away all weekend so dont expect an update till late sunday

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Ocarina of Time was the only Zelda game I ever played.

Loved it.

Man you hating on the Deku Tree. That thing died like 20 minutes into the game.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

I detest Ocarina

I know that it isn't a popular opinion, I just have yet to enjoy a 3D Zelda outside of Darksiders. A Link to the Past is still my favorite. I have never played Majora's Mask though and the premise sounds awesome and unique (unlike most Zelda premises and stories).

Comment

• Pills
          Go Blue!
          • Mar 2009

Ocarina was awesome.

Twilight Princess was better. I had a launch day Wii and that game. It was absolutely amazing. I keep meaning to re-play it.
          UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pills
            Ocarina was awesome.

Twilight Princess was better. I had a launch day Wii and that game. It was absolutely amazing. I keep meaning to re-play it.
            Oh man...I haaaated Twilight Princess. Maybe the most boring game I've played in a LONG time. I would like to give Skyward Sword a go, but from what I read and hear it's even worse than Twilight Princess in terms of slow starts.

Comment

• Pills
              Go Blue!
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
              Oh man...I haaaated Twilight Princess. Maybe the most boring game I've played in a LONG time. I would like to give Skyward Sword a go, but from what I read and hear it's even worse than Twilight Princess in terms of slow starts.
              It does start slowly, but I got over it pretty quickly.
              UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• j.hen
                Self Care
                • Oct 2008

I couldn't finish Twilight Princess. And I tried.

Comment

• CCBrink
                  Awkward Swag
                  • May 2009

Skyward Sword is the best Wii game ever made. The reason why it had a slower start than it others is because it is an origin story and they actually built up Link/Zelda's relationship.

My thoughts on OOT are completely opposite of what Leftwich wrote. I prefer the 3D Zedlas over the 2D ones. IMO the entire game was a masterpiece. The sound, music, graphics, controls all blew me away. Don't really understand the thoughts on the Great Deku tree. He was a very small part at the beginning of a huge game. I also thought the Z-Targeting was a game changer. Once you heard that music in a Stalfos encounter and you hit "Z" it was just a great feeling because it was the first game I had experienced battles like that.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                    I need a sub
                    • Oct 2008

I refuse to believe there are 35 games better than Super Mario 64.

Comment

• DomePatrol
                      Urdnot Style
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DSpydr84
                      I refuse to believe there are 35 games better than Super Mario 64.
                      Super mario galaxy 1 and 2?

Comment

• G-men
                        Posts too much
                        • Nov 2011

Super Mario 64 is a top 5 game of all time for me. It was one of the first games I ever sat down and played through in its entirety.

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Bioshock is the greatest game I have ever played.

Bioshock 2 is abysmal.

Comment

• Leftwich
                            Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

NBA Jam

Consoles: Many

This is probably the only iteration of a pro basketball game that I really enjoyed. A sim game this is not. It’s 2 on 2 style of gameplay, the over the top dunks, dishes and steals and commentary that is off the wall make this one of the most easily memorable games of the 90’s and a true testament to how fun a sports based arcade game can really be.

NBA Jam originally came out in the Arcades back in 1993 and for the home consoles in 1994. First off, two of the biggest names in basketball at the time were missing, Shaq and Michael Jordan. Not a gamebreaker by any means because their respective teams had great players on them such as Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant on the Bulls and Nick Anderson and Scott Skiles on the Magic. Although if you played the Arcade version Shaq was on the Magic, you just get screwed if you have NBA Jam on a console. Anyhow I’m not going to sit here and talk about the rosters even though anybody who was anybody in the NBA was one of two on their team, we’re here reading this to talk about the game itself. NBA Jam was a two on two game that although only 4 men were on the court, it felt like a way bigger game. Correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe this is the first NBA game to feature real stars. Other than Bird vs Magic and some others to feature stars, this is the first game to feature a lot of different teams and their real life players. The big seller of NBA Jam was the over the top, exaggerated style. It was basically a no holds barred type game. No fouls, no free throws or reach ins. If you held the ball longer than the shotclock the other team got the ball back and you couldn’t goal tend either but those are really just there to ensure the correct flow of the game. The whole goaltending goes out the window when you make three shots in a row and the announcers says “HE’S ON FIRE!!!” Even without hearing him say it you can tell by the ball being on fire, the unlimited turbo and the just overall speed and pace your player receives a boost in. I always remember playing as the Utah Jazz in this game, the combination of John Stockton and Karl Malone was just pure cheese. I did meet my match many times by the same team, The Pacers. Whoever was playing as them just spammed the shit out of Reggie Miller and it drove me crazy. I don’t think there was a solid “Rating” system in this game but I swear Reggie Miller was a 100 ovr and Scottie Pippen was a 99 ovr. But I really don’t remember there being a rating system. Graphically the game was comical. You could tell you were playing as a certain team by the colors but the game didn’t feature logos on the jerseys. Also you can tell who your player is by a disgustingly funny grin on their face. I think all the arena’s were recycled as well, the only difference being the logos and colors on the court. Not such a bad thing for an early 90’s game. One of my favorite things about the graphics in this game was when you went on fire it looked freaking awesome. The ball being ablaze and burning through the net was a nice touch as well. Sound was probably the best aspect of the game. Whoever the commentator was, was funny as shit. Hearing him say, “He’s heating up!” or “He’s on Fire!” or the best, “BOOMSHAKALAKA!”. I still say that shit to this day when I’m playing NBA 2k.

NBA Jam was any basketball fan’s holy grail of video gaming. There have been many ports and sequels but nothing can hold a candle to the original. Tournament Editions came out a year later as an update so the two are perfectly interchangeable but it you’ve never played this game before, slap yourself in the dick and watch this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4AIpQlSyK8"]Midway - NBA Jam - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Tailback U
                            It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• theMINI
                              • Nov 2008

Hey I clicked "The Sims" on the first post and it brings me to "Fable". Great list btw.

Comment

• theMINI
                                • Nov 2008

Actually... pretty much everything brings me to Fable lol

Comment

Working...