Out of the Park Baseball 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

I can actually see the appeal of playing a sim that isn't as detailed and deep. You don't have to worry about every little detail and micro-managing everything - you can just play.

One of the aspects I really like about OOTPB is the levels of customization. You can play an accurate-to-life version of MLB (as close as you'll find in a sim game or franchise mode) or a pure sandbox type game with less restrictive rules. Almost each aspect and rule can be turned on or off individually.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

dl 12 version and tried it. could not get into it at all. it reminded me of those old text based games like treasure island where you everything you did was all text. go up...take sword...kill bird

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
        dl 12 version and tried it. could not get into it at all. it reminded me of those old text based games like treasure island where you everything you did was all text. go up...take sword...kill bird
        That's the nature of text-based sports sims. For the most part, I don't mind it, but I can see why some don't like it at all. I dont' find it that much different than following a game on ESPN Gamecast or something similar.

Most games where you can watch the game unfold in full graphical glory (something like The Show if you weren't playing, just managing) don't tend to have near the depth of detail and options with regard to their franchise mode.

The only game that really offers both that I've found is Football Manager. Its the deepest and most polished sports sim out there that I've ever tried, plus you can watch the matches in pretty good graphical detail. Of course, it helps if you enjoy soccer...

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Got my re-order download late last night and got everything installed. Game looks good so far but haven't had that much time with it. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to dive into it and run a season or two.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

May give it a go again since I did play 12 for a while. I think me being more confused with roster rules really played into the problem I had with the game and why I liked mogul better. I could do the basic GM stuff and not be bothered with all the other stuff.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

Working...