• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
    Insanely.

For me it's not just that it's more realistic, it's that I know how a car handles from that POV. I don't drive my car from a perch behind it, so it just feels weird to drive that way in games. Just always have a much better handle on cars being inside them.
    Man, good on you, that must be nice, because I am with Twigg. I can't STAND first person driving. I never feel like I have control or that I can see as much as I can see in an actual car, and that honestly breaks it for me. Driving is too instinctual to add joystick and button presses for me. Third person removes me from that (also, I don't understand JMS, how third person doesn't allow for seeing what is in front of you?).

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Potatoes002
      They talked about Teambuilder for NCAA 10, but never really anything other than that. NCAA has never been for hardcore football gamers, they cater to the younger crowd and majority of their features they've added over the years have proven that. The gameplay is already miles behind Madden, giving Madden a physics engine really hurts NCAA even further.
      I guess what I meant was that I was always under the impression that the only people that really bought NCAA were actual college football fans, whereas any dude bro in the world buys Madden, even if they are just a casual football fan. I don't remember what the yearly sales comparisons normally are but I thought it was somewhere around 3-1 favoring Madden.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
        Man, good on you, that must be nice, because I am with Twigg. I can't STAND first person driving. I never feel like I have control or that I can see as much as I can see in an actual car, and that honestly breaks it for me. Driving is too instinctual to add joystick and button presses for me. Third person removes me from that (also, I don't understand JMS, how third person doesn't allow for seeing what is in front of you?).
        He means you can't see the front of the car. And in sim racing, that's not a good thing when you are racing bumper to bumper.

Comment

• IamMedellin
          Everything Burns...
          • Nov 2008

ReSpawn Needs to get off of its ass n show something

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
            I am talking about competitive racing.......not racing against AI or clowning around. When I am trying to cut .1 of a sec off my lap time I have to make I an entering each turn perfectly. I need to see exactly where my left or right front tire is going to hit the curb of the apex....1 inch to the left or right could cost me time.

There is really no reason for me to be looking at the rear of my car, what is the benefit? I want to feel like I am driving the car....not controlling it like it is a remote control car.

I used to drive from behind in forza 2 until Hellisan told I need to change that ASAP. I did not believe him as well.........but my times got more consistent and faster....the proof was in the pudding.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jms493
              I am talking about competitive racing.......not racing against AI or clowning around. When I am trying to cut .1 of a sec off my lap time I have to make I an entering each turn perfectly. I need to see exactly where my left or right front tire is going to hit the curb of the apex....1 inch to the left or right could cost me time.

There is really no reason for me to be looking at the rear of my car, what is the benefit? I want to feel like I am driving the car....not controlling it like it is a remote control car.

I used to drive from behind in forza 2 until Hellisan told I need to change that ASAP. I did not believe him as well.........but my times got more consistent and faster....the proof was in the pudding.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493

Wow...I mean, whatever works, that just doesn't even sound fun to me. FORZA = SRS

This is why I play Driver: San Francisco

Comment

Working...