Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Point Blank
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

I'm sure the current build is similar. No way the game is gonna change THAT much.

Comment

• MrBill
      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MikeChase27
      Apparently the build that was shown in the video is not the one shown at E3 so this must be a July build.
      Who did they show it to at E3? Must have been in a closed room with everyone signing an NDA. In contrast, EA feels so good about Madden that they are showing it to anybody that wants to watch and even allowing the Game Changers to publish gameplay videos and as much information as possible. The latter shows confidence in the product and the former does not.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Here is an old quote from Mike Wang after he left EA after NBA Live 10

"After NBA Live 10 wrapped up and we started going through the pre-production planning phase for '11, we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after and came back on-board with the NBA 2K team last November."

Here is one from pastapadre regarding if it Live 13 could even be released as a cheap downloadable game.

The footage of the menu showed an “Exit Game” option which is present with digital downloads offering the ability to drop back to the dashboard. The prominence of the leaderboards is another sign of this as normally that would be tucked away in the Xbox Live area of a full retail product. It also looks fairly thin in terms of options and it would be no surprise to find out a downloadable-only NBA Live wouldn’t be as fully featured as a comparable retail product – unless the price was still locked in at the standard $60. There have been no indications the NBA would allow a lower price point and certainly 2K Sports would object to their competitor getting an unfair advantage in the marketplace particularly when they have been the successful ones as of late.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

"It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve released an NBA title,” the EA rep said. The tactic is to get feedback from gamers. However, it’s a bit risky to not run it as the AAA title as thedecision has been made to NOT put the game on disc.

Live will be looking at a price point around $19.99,” equaling out to 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PlayStation Network card.

Comment

• Point Blank
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

lol

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

I don't know if releasing that game for $20 will help it sell. The 2K product is light years ahead. EA has the resources to do better on basketball, it's curious that it hasn't been a priority for them.

Comment

• dave
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Here is an old quote from Mike Wang after he left EA after NBA Live 10

"After NBA Live 10 wrapped up and we started going through the pre-production planning phase for '11, we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after and came back on-board with the NBA 2K team last November."
                And, it's sad, because NBA Live 10 while clearly not up to 2k standards, showed a lot of promise. If they had allowed Mike Wang to follow through, I honestly believe it'd be a serious two-horse race right now instead of EA Sports competing with indie sports game makers on xbox live.
                My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Playmakers
                  Noob
                  • Jul 2012

The EA apologists are saying this is just a early build so you have nothing to worry about. :niggaplease:
                  Ask those EA apologist how did that statement work out for them with NBA Elite 2 years ago.....

This used to be my favorite all time sports series....i remember spending 100's of hours tweaking NBA Live games. I would provide feedback to their roster guys for ratings that needed revamped to stop all the arcade non-sense on the floor.

Sadly I don't think EA has a clue anymore on how to create basketball games.

The CPU AI in Live 10 couldn't even execute a alley oop play and you could literally leave a guy wide open on offense and the CPU wouldn't even recognize him being open even if it was LeBron or Kobe......
                  PLAYMAKERS CLASSIC FOOTBALL ROSTERS (XBOX 360)

Madden 25 1990's Classic Teams
                  http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?126285-Playmakers-Madden-13-amp-25-1990-s-Classic-Team-Rosters

NCAA FB 14 Alumni Rosters (64 Classic Teams)
                  http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?124386-Article-Playmakers-NCAA-Football-14-Alumni-Rosters-For-XBOX-360

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

You can't deny NBA Live 10 had potential, Playmaker.

I honestly thought it might start something great with that Synergy thing.

Sadly, not so much.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                      aka Reece
                      • Apr 2009

lmao that was god-awful
                      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Playmakers
                        Noob
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by dave
                        You can't deny NBA Live 10 had potential, Playmaker.

I honestly thought it might start something great with that Synergy thing.

Sadly, not so much.
                        The bigget issue with the synergy engine that year was the fact that it completely screwed up player tendencies. It forced guys to totally ignore open lanes on the fast break and way too often the game lacked anyone that would drive to the basket including Wade and LeBron.

Then for some strange reason EA had both the Knicks and Suns that year returning a slow down half court offense and playing like the Bulls on defense.

You literally had to go into the Global Ratings Tool that was included in the game and set just everyone's fast break tendency to 90 or higher in order for the Suns and Knicks players to even recognize a fast break opportunity...

I remember working with Marcus (EA Ratings guy) 1 on 1 trying to fix player tendencies and Team tendencies that year but before we could get to every team he got re-assigned and i don't know what happend to him after that point.
                        PLAYMAKERS CLASSIC FOOTBALL ROSTERS (XBOX 360)

Madden 25 1990's Classic Teams
                        http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?126285-Playmakers-Madden-13-amp-25-1990-s-Classic-Team-Rosters

NCAA FB 14 Alumni Rosters (64 Classic Teams)
                        http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?124386-Article-Playmakers-NCAA-Football-14-Alumni-Rosters-For-XBOX-360

Comment

Working...