X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

[ALL] Mass Effect General Discussion

BioWare has announced the Mass Effect Trilogy Edition, a compilation of all three Mass Effect games in one big box.

That means that PlayStation 3 gamers can finally play the original Mass Effect (published, back in the day, by Microsoft), just five years after it originally hit Xbox 360.

Mass Effect Trilogy Edition will launch in North America on "N7 Day" - that's 7th November if you're not BioWare, likely meaning a Friday 9th November in the UK.

There's no word on whether some (or all) of the series' raft of DLC will also be included - or which ending version you'll get.

The original Mass Effect will also be released separately on PlayStation 3 as a digital download. Hopefully this news has Mako your day.
    BioWare has announced the Mass Effect Trilogy Edition, a compilation of all three Mass Effect games in one big box.

BioWare's page clarifies that the PS3 version will be released "later in the year" and not on November 6th.

• CCBrink
    Awkward Swag
    • May 2009

WANT

Comment

• bluntside
      • Jun 2009

Well, that's one more to add to the list.

Would be nice to see the DLC added in there. Didn't ME2 on PS3 come with some of the DLC?

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

That's pretty sexy looking.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

fuck that. another gaming company out to rape your wallet. ohhh you get ME1 on PS3...so what...you get a very dated game that will turn off most ps3 guys who only played ME2/3. even for an rpg by todays standards is gonna annoy the fuck out of people.

save your money and stop facilitating the endless stream of bad games, repeat games and over priced DLC

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

There MUST be backwards compatibility with old DLC we've purchased online if it doesn't already come with this new package.

I can understand a bare-bones release but BioWare'd be stupid to leave that on the table.

Another thought: If you already own ME2 and ME3 and decide to plunk down $20 for ME1 digitally, while your decisions port over onto your old discs?

OR... do you have to buy this new edition because of compatibility issues?

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Maynard
              ohhh you get ME1 on PS3...so what...you get a very dated game that will turn off most ps3 guys who only played ME2/3. even for an rpg by todays standards is gonna annoy the fuck out of people.
              I played ME1 after I played ME2 earlier this year and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

fuck that. another gaming company out to rape your wallet. ohhh you get ME1 on PS3...so what...you get a very dated game that will turn off most ps3 guys who only played ME2/3. even for an rpg by todays standards is gonna annoy the fuck out of people.

save your money and stop facilitating the endless stream of bad games, repeat games and over priced DLC
                I guess anyone who enjoyed a game like MGS4 and decided to get the HD collection or buy MGS1 from PSN is a fool for wanting to go back to the beginnings of the series and play those dated games, right? If you don't like the game, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to experience an entire series from the beginning. Not to mention there are quite a few small encounters through ME2 and ME3 that PS3 players simply don't get to experience because they never made those choices in the first game, and I'd definitely like to see those.

Let's be honest, a box set like the Mass Effect or Uncharted trilogies primarily appeals to people who haven't bought or played the game for whatever reason and would like to.

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                There MUST be backwards compatibility with old DLC we've purchased online if it doesn't already come with this new package.

I can understand a bare-bones release but BioWare'd be stupid to leave that on the table.

Another thought: If you already own ME2 and ME3 and decide to plunk down $20 for ME1 digitally, while your decisions port over onto your old discs?

OR... do you have to buy this new edition because of compatibility issues?
                I imagine the delay with the PS3 version is so they can make the ME1 save compatible with existing versions of ME2 and ME3.

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

no man, not a fool at all for wanting to enjoy a series, or buy a collectors item...but those choices you want to see, they dont matter one bit. the major choices are all that matter.

this trilogy is just another example of a gaming company trying to milk every dollar out of gamers rather than build something new. They know new games cost way more and want to suck every cent out of people they can. It costs them nothing to put this out, but they know people will spend the money. This kind of spending is only foolish because it continues to allow developers to be lazy and still make money. I dont like it

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

I'm just not seeing why anyone would get upset about a box set. It's not like anyone needs to buy it to get ME1 on PS3.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
                      I'm just not seeing why anyone would get upset about a box set. It's not like anyone needs to buy it to get ME1 on PS3.
                      Maynard sees it as a cash-grab and wants new shit.

It's understandable but Bioware's not going to put out new IPs or at least new sequels for a while so it's either buy from another company or suck it up and watch as people buy it for him.

Comment

• Swarley
                        A Special Kind of Cat
                        • Jul 2010

this trilogy is just another example of a gaming company trying to milk every dollar out of gamers rather than build something new. They know new games cost way more and want to suck every cent out of people they can. It costs them nothing to put this out, but they know people will spend the money. This kind of spending is only foolish because it continues to allow developers to be lazy and still make money. I dont like it
                        Obviously a lot of companies do this, but it's definitely not the case with this. BioWare is currently working on a brand new IP on top of DA3 and a new ME.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                          Obviously a lot of companies do this, but it's definitely not the case with this. BioWare is currently working on a brand new IP on top of DA3 and a new ME.
                          EA agrees

a new ME you say? i couldnt even finish ME3. DA3 better be something special after the debacle that was DA2

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

no man, not a fool at all for wanting to enjoy a series, or buy a collectors item...but those choices you want to see, they dont matter one bit. the major choices are all that matter.

ME3 wrapped up a lot of your choices in VERY meaningful ways. People just bitched because the actual end of the game didn't have 37 billion possibilities (and Bioware never preached that it would).

You spend an awful lot of time bitching about a game you never even finished. And fuck this idea of "couldn't even". The last posts you had on it were that you really really liked it, then you got burned out on games, and now you just spend time sniping at games you either don't play or barely play.

As far as a cash grab, that's just stupid. It's a box set. Who cares?

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

i said i got burned out on games like 2 months ago...ME3 was back in January, so you are mistaken. How is me saying couldnt even alot of bitching about the game? thats the only negative comment i made about ME3

as for the cash grab, well, i guess we disagree on what a cashgrab is. any box set is a cash grab. Music, movies, games...its all about milking a product for every cent. You cant fault the developers for it because its business. But imo, its bad for the gaming industry and the buyers because all it does is allow companies (like EA) to not have their developers develop quality products.

Comment

Working...