X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bane
    Noob
    • Oct 2012

like the others have said.. play FF10

also The Legend Of Dragoon is probably my favorite RGP. its a ps1 game which had 4 discs to it..

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
      Spellin' n' shit
      • Feb 2009

Earthbound is one of the funnest, most original games ever.
      Also Jade Empire, KOTOR, KOTOR 2

EDIT: And you'll need to find the English version, but Mother 3 is also very great (sequel to Earthbound)

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
        Yeah the PC one was designed differently, never played it though. I understand it had a top down (BG style) camera not available in the console game, to play it in that manner.

Ugh, enough about DA though, DA2 still pisses me off for ruining what could have been a great new franchise.
        So much wrong with DA2...I really liked some of the characters though. Hopefully they right the ship with 3. I, unlike most Bioware faithful (former faithful?) am hoping for the best rather than expecting/looking for the worst. DA2 could have been fine if they hadn't recycled everything ME1 style (AFTER ME2 ALREADY FIXED THE RECYCLING THING).

*deep breath*

Comment

• Saluki
          Ball So Hard
          • Oct 2008

Start with an snes emulator and hit up chrono trigger, final fantasy 3 and earth bound. Classics every one

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlanta Falcons
            like the others have said.. play FF10

also The Legend Of Dragoon is probably my favorite RGP. its a ps1 game which had 4 discs to it..
            I have wanted to play that for so long. My cousin let me borrow it like 5 years ago, and it only had discs 2-4

Comment

• Saluki
              Ball So Hard
              • Oct 2008

Oooooh and megaman legends 1 & 2. Those are two of my favorite rpgs.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SethMode
                Yeah, I would even say with DA:O it isn't action oriented at all. There is no reaction time skill required (you could argue the same with ME1 I think, although it gives the illusion a lot better). It is a pure turn based RPG, it just a really good job of tricking you into thinking that it doesn't.

The closest thing I'd say to melding Civ and an RPG is XCom, and even then I'd say the differences are pretty stark.

Maynard, if you ever wanted to see where greats like ME and DA:O came from, you should definitely give BG a whirl. Once you get past the graphics and the D&D learning curve (which I STILL haven't 100% figured out to be honest, but I at least know that negative shit for your armor = good), the story and gameplay is so rewarding.

KoTOR hasn't aged well for me, but KoTOR 2 supposedly now that it has been fixed (the end game was a mess on release -- shocking, Obsidian put out a buggy as hell, otherwise great game) is great. Would like to give another run through that. Also, I don't think that Jade Empire has been mentioned, and while in a lot of ways it represents Bioware's current direction (misdirection?), I really liked it myself. And I found the twist in that to be much more effective than the one in KoTOR (which I saw coming from a mile away despite the furor over how shocking it was).
                You must direct me to this fixed version of KOTOR2. It will give me a reason to actually play through as a female and do the canon story.

Comment

Working...