Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

From what I understand, the gear is in the game and obtainable by everyone. Pre-ordering just gives them to you right off the bat. The artbook, soundtrack, and comic depend on whether you're into that stuff.

If you're going to buy it today, your best deal is probably GreenManGaming with a 25% off code. J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ It expires sometime tomorrow.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
        From what I understand, the gear is in the game and obtainable by everyone. Pre-ordering just gives them to you right off the bat. The artbook, soundtrack, and comic depend on whether you're into that stuff.

If you're going to buy it today, your best deal is probably GreenManGaming with a 25% off code. J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ It expires sometime tomorrow.
        used this code - downloading now - thanks pad

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

clunky controls. graphics are dated. for a pc game it looks like shit. for a console game it would look dated. seems alot easier to start off then previous games. pretty much more of what what we had in the past which isnt a bad thing.

im glad i only aid 37 bucks but would rather give this away to someone who would get some real playtime out of it

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

I think that it looks pretty good you PC snob!

It definitely looks better than the 360 version, IMO. The controls are definitely clunky, but that's always been the case (and I will never defend it -- I HATE that people seem to excuse the bad controls of the game). I'm so used to them now, I didn't even notice.

The game is weirdly easier in some ways, yet harder in others. It's a very strange combination thus far.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

the graphics dont bother me. its not horrible i guess. the cut scenes gave me the impression the game would look great....then the game started and its just so dark and bland. but thats ok.

i picked a mage but really think i need a new class. i always play as mage and i think should be more of a fighter type. anything but an archer.

what class did you choose?

Comment

• Virix
                I see you
                • Nov 2008

The only part of the controls that I have ever had any issue with is the jump/roll mechanic which they somehow made worse by moving it to clicking the R stick in. I moved that back to the old set up immediately. As for the rest of the controls, I just feel as if the game was meant to be played in a very deliberate manner. You cant spam attacks or spells and I feel that was a design choice that really made the difference in my enjoyment of the game vs spammy combat in a game like Skyrim.

Comment

• padman59
                  Slayer of Demons
                  • Mar 2009

I'm just happy with how smooth it runs compared to what I experienced on PS3. A constant 60 fps makes a huge difference, and I don't have to be afraid of the game freezing for a half second while I'm walking on a plank.

Comment

• Virix
                    I see you
                    • Nov 2008

Ill probably be streaming the PC version a little today and sunday if anyone is interested.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

how do you level up in this game? i am just to the 2nd bonfire. still getting a feel for these controls. i am in that little town where that 2nd bonfire is and found one guy selling stuff.

also, how to you jump attack?

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                        how do you level up in this game? i am just to the 2nd bonfire. still getting a feel for these controls. i am in that little town where that 2nd bonfire is and found one guy selling stuff.

also, how to you jump attack?
                        There is a lady wearing a green cloak in Majula (it sounds like where you described) at the cliffs near the bonfire. Keep talking to her until she gives you an Estus Flask and eventually she'll let you level up.

Jump attack is forward+RT if you're using a 360 controller.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                          There is a lady wearing a green cloak in Majula (it sounds like where you described) at the cliffs near the bonfire. Keep talking to her until she gives you an Estus Flask and eventually she'll let you level up.

Jump attack is forward+RT if you're using a 360 controller.
                          she keeps telling me to find a king to level up.

when i move forward an RT its more like a heavy thrashing blow. i wonder if its different using a staff with the sorcerer class.

i am fairly lost at this point. compared to demon souls this seems very complex. they dont have words to describe the skills which makes you have to remember everything. plus from Majula i found about 5 different paths to take and have no idea which one to use. lol.....just a tad overwhelmed right now

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

If you press the back button on the stat or equipment screens, you can highlight each skill/attribute symbol to get a description.

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

FML - i just rememebered what i dont like about this game. its not getting killed, its having to keep killing the same bad guys over and over again each time i get killed.

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

fyi - had this issue and the following worked for me

If you are experiencing any technical issues with Dark Souls II please get in touch with our support team so we can properly document your experiences. Getting in touch with our support team North and South American Customers: Please send an email with as much information as possible to support (at) namcobandaigames (dot) com. European Customers: Please send an email with as much information as possible to customerserviceuk (at) bandainamcogames (dot) eu.

Dark Souls II does not recognize or take input from my controller
                                If you are experiencing this problem, try the following:
                                "Open up Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, right click and disable all HID-compliant game controllers, and if you have a G13 disable the Logitch G13 Joystick. Restart the game and it should work.

You may also need to disable any virtual HID-compliant game controllers as well." Thank you Megabound for the post.
                                If you continue to experience this issue, please get in touch with our support team and let them know what controller you are trying to use. We'll do our best to assist you from there.
                                We will continue to update this space with more information on this issue.

Comment

Working...