Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atlas
    BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
    • Feb 2010

Wasn't there an update in December for this as well? Dunno why people keep saying this is the first update...

Glad to see the party stuff will be fixed, along with the other minor niggles. Neither console is without their respective faults, but I agree with Bill, both probably should have seen a release later this year instead of being rushed out for Christmas season in 2013.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

While I think both were rushed the XBox seems to be way more so. The only issues that I have encountered with the PS4 are games/applications closing and booting back to the dashboard with an error code, and even that has beecome very infrequent. I can list, and have, myriad issues I've had with the XBox.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        Let the butthurt and defensive comments begin...
        people should be butthurt when taking it in the butt. seriously, why would anyone pay that kind of money for an inferior headset? im assuming xbone users wont have a choice.

Comment

• Atlas
          • Feb 2010

While I think both were rushed the XBox seems to be way more so. The only issues that I have encountered with the PS4 are games/applications closing and booting back to the dashboard with an error code, and even that has beecome very infrequent. I can list, and have, myriad issues I've had with the XBox.
          Please list them.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
            Please list them.
            1) Party chat rarely working at all.(Not to mention I have to turn voice on?!?)
            2) Party chat only allowing certain people to communicate with each other.
            3) Games/apps crashing.
            4) Kinect voice control spotty at best.
            5) Profile signing out. Constantly having to sign back in.
            6) Video record not working.
            7) Constantly losing connection with my tv receiver.
            8) Controller losing connection even though battery is full.
            9) Forza telling me it needs to be installed every tume I pop the disc in.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

The Xbox One controllers will require a separate firmware update to work properly with the new headset adapter coming next month-

Update your Xbox One Controller to use the Stereo Headset Adapter
              Overview

The Xbox One Stereo is used to connect chat or stereo headsets to your controller, such as the Xbox One Stereo Headset or third-party gaming headsets. The adapter is included with the Xbox Stereo Headset and is also sold separately to support third-party or “legacy” headsets.

To use the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with your Xbox One Console, you’ll need to update your Xbox One Controller with the latest software to support the Adapter.

Update your controller

Follow these steps to update your controller to support the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:

Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live.

Note It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.

Open the battery compartment on the back of the controller and remove the batteries.

Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller. (You can also plug in a headset but that’s not required.)

Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.

Plug the small end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress.

When the update is complete, put the batteries back into your controller.

Press the Xbox button on the Wireless Controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox
              One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Note You only need to update your controller one time, but if you plan to use the Stereo Headset Adapter with other Xbox One Controllers, you’ll need to do this process for each controller.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

:-/

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

1) Party chat rarely working at all.(Not to mention I have to turn voice on?!?)
                  2) Party chat only allowing certain people to communicate with each other.
                  3) Games/apps crashing.
                  4) Kinect voice control spotty at best.
                  5) Profile signing out. Constantly having to sign back in.
                  6) Video record not working.
                  7) Constantly losing connection with my tv receiver.
                  8) Controller losing connection even though battery is full.
                  9) Forza telling me it needs to be installed every tume I pop the disc in.
                  1 and 2 are obvious. Thankfully they'll be fixed shortly. I had games crash a few times, usually BF4, within the first 2 or so weeks, hasn't happened since. I've never run into the other problems you listed.

Comment

• PepperNY
                    Best in the World
                    • Jan 2011

I'm starting to realize I shouldn't have bought either system and should have put the money in a better video card for my PC.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PepperNY
                      I'm starting to realize I shouldn't have bought either system and should have put the money in a better video card for my PC.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                        I've never run into the other problems you listed.
                        Of course you haven't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Youk
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                          1 and 2 are obvious. Thankfully they'll be fixed shortly. I had games crash a few times, usually BF4, within the first 2 or so weeks, hasn't happened since. I've never run into the other problems you listed.
                          Yea, I'm with you, I haven't had any of those issues besides the obvious. BF4 crashed a couple times but that's about it. I've never been signed out, and my video record is working fine. I own Forza and only had to install it once

Comment

• Atlas
                            • Feb 2010

Party chat is the only major thing I hate, and that will be fixed this week. I've not seen any of the other complaints listed happen, but I know of friends whose PS4's are shitting the bed, and I'm sure everyone's here works flawlessly, so its a two way street.

Comment

• Champ
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Atlas
                              Party chat is the only major thing I hate, and that will be fixed this week. I've not seen any of the other complaints listed happen, but I know of friends whose PS4's are shitting the bed, and I'm sure everyone's here works flawlessly, so its a two way street.
                              I muted my mic while in a party chat the other night. I then made a smoothie and it turns out somehow i unmuted my mic by going too far from the system. Everyone in the party had me muted when i came back since all they could hear for like 30 seconds was my blender going off lol.

Comment

• Champ
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Any of you guys on xbox one want to trade battlefield for my copy of forza?

Comment

Working...