Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

I ran into another issue last night. I fired up the console and then started Madden. I go to start my CFM and the screen flickers and then goes black. I could still hear the sounds of the menus and such but couldn't see anything. I switched inputs and my other devices were working fine. I tried turning it off by voice commands but it wouldn't work. I had to do the reboot by holding the power button in for several seconds. It booted back up and seemed to be ok.

Comment

• christguz
      I turned into a martian
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      I ran into another issue last night. I fired up the console and then started Madden. I go to start my CFM and the screen flickers and then goes black. I could still hear the sounds of the menus and such but couldn't see anything. I switched inputs and my other devices were working fine. I tried turning it off by voice commands but it wouldn't work. I had to do the reboot by holding the power button in for several seconds. It booted back up and seemed to be ok.
      Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Apparently, the recent update has something to do with it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by christguz
        Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Apparently, the recent update has something to do with it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
        This thing gets better and better.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I was just telling my buddy about the issue and he told me it happened to him several times the other day while playing Strider.

But I'm sure certain people here haven't had any issues.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Its a widely known issue...

The latest Xbox One update, which brought a host of new functionality to the system, has not gone off without a hitch. Gamers on Reddit and on the official Xbox forums have noted their frustration with a new issue that makes the screen go black after the system powers on.

Thankfully, however, Microsoft is aware of the issue and a workaround is already available. The official Xbox Support Twitter channel says you need only "power cycle" your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to fix the issue. Simple enough.

Unfortunately for some users, the Xbox One "black screen" issue interrupted their Titanfall beta gameplay sessions. Though it's a headache and an inconvenience, the issue does not appear to be very widespread or significantly damaging, so you can rest easy and continue playing Titanfall until the beta ends tomorrow, February 19.

The February Xbox One update rolled out on Friday, February 15. It added a battery power indication and USB keyboard support, while also improving storage space management. The next major Xbox One update will arrive in March, a week ahead of the Titanfall launch.

Comment

• Atlas
              BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
              • Feb 2010

Official Xbox One Thread

I've had it too, and like any logical human being, I turned it off and on again.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                Yet no one mentioned it here. Interesting. I guess only positive things about the XBone get posted here. Which, as you tell by this thread, are few and far between.

Comment

• Atlas
                  BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                  • Feb 2010

We leave all the negative stuff to you and handle, but mostly it's bc we don't really care enough to post.

Comment

• Youk
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Yet no one mentioned it here. Interesting. I guess only positive things about the XBone get posted here. Which, as you tell by this thread, are few and far between.
                    Well, being that only Pepper and myself seem to have gotten the update, and I haven't been home to install it or use it...

Edit: Oh, looks like Atlas got it, too. How inconvenient, having to turn the system on and off once.

Comment

• Primetime
                      Thank You Prince
                      • Nov 2008

When Twitch gets axed right before release, I'll post it. When the screen goes black, I'll restart.

Comment

• Youk
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                        When Twitch gets axed right before release, I'll post it. When the screen goes black, I'll restart.
                        Screen goes black, return Xbox One.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

I'm not saying it needs to be returned you clowns. But if this is constantly happening, to seemingly everyone, that's a problem. And my buddy said it happened several times while playing Strider for only an hour. I was only on my console for two minutes and it happened to me.

But yeah, I consider not being able to play the thing because I have no screen, and having to reboot the console constantly, as a pretty big problem.

Comment

• Primetime
                            Thank You Prince
                            • Nov 2008

I restarted the console once in about 25-30 hours. Fuck this thing.

Comment

• MrBill
                              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                              • Feb 2009

No issues here and I wasn't aware of anything or it would have been posted

Comment

• Youk
                                Posts too much
                                • Feb 2009

I'm not saying it needs to be returned you clowns. But if this is constantly happening, to seemingly everyone, that's a problem. And my buddy said it happened several times while playing Strider for only an hour. I was only on my console for two minutes and it happened to me.

But yeah, I consider not being able to play the thing because I have no screen, and having to reboot the console constantly, as a pretty big problem.
                                Constantly or once? I hate when I have to turn things off and waste 30 second of my life.

Comment

Working...