X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    $180/year for Live. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Ends up being cheaper than the $499 + $8/month for XBL for 2 years. Although, who buys XBL a month at a time lol (also who knows if it stays the same price or what).

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

This console sounds like it was thought up by horny penguins. Not one of those ideas sounds well thought out or interesting.
      I know some of you love cheevos but to me they're utterly useless unless they unlock something like a map/skin/weapon etc. Not a single soul I know has used the xbox Facebook thing. Why would anyone over 17 intentionally castrate themselves by posting there dumb cheevos where females and family can see that?

Sorry I'm simply not reading a single thing that has me thinking wow I want that... And I'm a complete tech whore.

P. S here's hoping there anti piracy methods get broken day one and every publisher opting in to DRM gets torrented to bankruptcy.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
        This console sounds like it was thought up by horny penguins. Not one of those ideas sounds well thought out or interesting.
        I know some of you love cheevos but to me they're utterly useless unless they unlock something like a map/skin/weapon etc. Not a single soul I know has used the xbox Facebook thing. Why would anyone over 17 intentionally castrate themselves by posting there dumb cheevos where females and family can see that?

Sorry I'm simply not reading a single thing that has me thinking wow I want that... And I'm a complete tech whore.

P. S here's hoping there anti piracy methods get broken day one and every publisher opting in to DRM gets torrented to bankruptcy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I was just listening to the Radio Radar podcast from a few weeks ago and they were saying that the same M$ insider that leaked the console specs and all of these other alleged details has said that all of the decisions made about this console all revolve around making more money for M$ and their media partners, and for the most part they are all basically anti-consumer.

So, to sum it up its just M$ being M$. Fuck you, get money.
          Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-05-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• PepperNY
            Best in the World
            • Jan 2011

I was just listening to the Radio Radar podcast from a few weeks ago and they were saying that the same M$ insider that leaked the console specs and all of these other alleged details has said that all of the decisions made about this conservative all revolve around making more money for M$ and their media partners, and for the most part they are all basically anti-consumer.

Twigg, does Sony actually pay you to bash Microsoft lol

In all seriousness, I want Microsoft to give me a reason to purchase their next console over what Sony is bringing out but right now I am just not seeing it. Sony seems to have the games where Microsoft is focusing on their system just being a media center. As much as I love Xbox I am starting to lose faith but I guess I will find out what I need to know come May 21st.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

I was just listening to the Radio Radar podcast from a few weeks ago and they were saying that the same M$ insider that leaked the console specs and all of these other alleged details has said that all of the decisions made about this conservative all revolve around making more money for M$ and their media partners, and for the most part they are all basically anti-consumer.

MS doesnt know what the fuck its doing on any front. Win 8 / Win Phone /Surface / 720 they dont put out bad products...quite the contrary...but they just dont "get" whats going on today...at all. They keep failing to capture imagination and interes because they are going 80% of the way instead of all of it. This is there last opportunity for a long time to innovate and push things forward and corner an important market...and they make these types of decisions ?
              This is probably THE worst time in consumer electronics in a long, long time to think you can nickel and dime your customers. Everyone under that impression is getting fucked including Apple. Sony has the right mindset we'll see if the hardware/OS measure up.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PepperNY
                Twigg, does Sony actually pay you to bash Microsoft lol

In all seriousness, I want Microsoft to give me a reason to purchase their next console over what Sony is bringing out but right now I am just not seeing it. Sony seems to have the games where Microsoft is focusing on their system just being a media center. As much as I love Xbox I am starting to lose faith but I guess I will find out what I need to know come May 21st.
                Not at all. I wish. It just annoys me to no end how they shit all over the customers and most people just seem to keep lapping it up. It's the #1 reason why I prefer Sony over M$ and the PS3 over the 360.

Name ONE thing that they have done that has been pro consumer this generation. ONE. Anything that has been advantageous to you as a 360 owner.

Oh, wait, the Xbox Live Rewards Program! You earn 10 M$ points for every $500 you spend. Sweet!

I fully understand that the reason these companies exist are to make money. I have no issue with that. But there are ways to do that and still make your customers happy and then there is the M$ way where they give zero fucks about the customer and just care about stacking bills.

I just hope it eventually bites them in the ass. They are full of hubris because they came out first tthis gen and have had a big lead (in North America) so it's like they feel that they have everyone by the nuts.
                Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-05-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

So if you buy the "full priced" Console, you don't pay for Live?

I don't get the way this stuff is being written. Saying you need to sub Live for 2 years with the cheaper box...? So what does that mean for the expensive one?

I don't get this shit.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod

I don't get the way this stuff is being written. Saying you need to sub Live for 2 years with the cheaper box...? So what does that mean for the expensive one?

I don't get this shit.
                    Consumer confusion is MS specialty... Got a Win8 laptop? Cool using metro or classic?... Got MS tab..can you install chrome or any other legacy apps? Oh wait you don't know if you have rt or not?... Got a Windows Phone? .. Awesome it should sync right up with your tab and laptop because they're all Win8 right?

I really REALLY was hopeful win8/surface/720 would FINALLY be the OS to integrate a seamless digital experience. Lol @ me and FU to MS.

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by killgod

I don't get this shit.
                      I imagine the regular XBL subscription will be cheaper than the $15/month. Basically the cheaper model and subscription is for the people who can't afford to drop the $500 on the console (those people probably shouldn't be buying it anyways). So it's cheaper at launch, but will likely end up costing you at least a little more at the end of the two years. The more expensive one is just the regular thing, just like they have now. You buy it and you buy XBL just like you do now. No contract or anything.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                        I imagine the regular XBL subscription will be cheaper than the $15/month. Basically the cheaper model and subscription is for the people who can't afford to drop the $500 on the console (those people probably shouldn't be buying it anyways). So it's cheaper at launch, but will likely end up costing you at least a little more at the end of the two years. The more expensive one is just the regular thing, just like they have now. You buy it and you buy XBL just like you do now. No contract or anything.
                        I'm just picturing people buying the cheaper version as gifts and sticking the birthday boy with the additional cost =-/

Comment

• jms493
                          • Feb 2009

I just heard/read a rumor from a reliable source that the new Xbox will come multiple colors to match the atheistic of your living room. I am totally excited about this but its just of rumor.

Thoughts...

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by jms493
                            I just heard/read a rumor from a reliable source that the new Xbox will come multiple colors to match the atheistic of your living room. I am totally excited about this but its just of rumor.

Thoughts...
                            Who gives a shit? I want games.

Comment

• ryne candy
                              Aggie C/O '01
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493

Thoughts...
                              and everyone will buy the black one....

seems to be like the faceplate but all over the case.

Comment

• Swarley
                                A Special Kind of Cat
                                • Jul 2010

I hate having electronics in my entertainment center that aren't black, but I suppose it's nice to have a some options.

Comment

Working...