• Oct 2008

so EA passed the buck of used game killer off to MS

Comment

• padman59
      Slayer of Demons
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      so EA passed the buck of used game killer off to MS
      Sony could very well have a similar system though. The only thing they've said regarding used game playability is that it's still possible on the PS4.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
        Xbox One? Huh?
        Very dumb name.
        Originally posted by Houston
        Dope, so with the Xbox One I can get rid of my remote, cell phone, laptop, and DVR. The only other thing I'll need to buy is a console to play games
        LOL. Just get a PS4 for that. ;)
        Originally posted by JimLeavy59
        New controller looks like shit.
        I disagree. I think it looks pretty nice. Not much of a change but they didn't have to change much. Looks like they addressed my issue with the Start button.:puft:
        At first the one angle made it look huge (that's what she said) but the other pics you posted make it look like it's about the same size as the current console.

As for Kinect needing to be plugged in (why not make it a permanent part of the console then?!?) and only being able to play your PURCHASED games on ONE console or account is a fucking joke. I'm sorry, but it's already bullshit that I can't share downloadable purchases from XBLA on my wife's console, like I can on PS3. Now if she wants to play the next Bioshock after I'm done with it we'll have to pay an additional fee? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Also, so much for JMS's hopes of M$ trying to one up Sony by including backwards compatibility. This thing seems like a giant fail.

I hope Forza 5 is worth buying this piece of shit Swarley and JMS.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Sony can now be more lax about it, which would win over a ton of gamers. If they can appease the developers while allowing game resales, this console war is as good as over IMO. This is one of the biggest issues with the coming generation.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
            Sony could very well have a similar system though. The only thing they've said regarding used game playability is that it's still possible on the PS4.
            That is true. they could end up doing the same thing. If they do I will feel all that much better on waiting on these consoles, although it looks like I won't have ANY interest in the new Xbox at this point.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

So I don't really have the energy to sift through a lot of this mess (these announcements are kind of mind boggling to me in light of the shit kicking MS already took and how long they pushed this shit back), but if the purchased games are buy account (which I feel like it would HAVE to be -- although I've been saying that phrase a lot and they still keep going in the opposite direction), would it be like my Arcade games are now, where if I have someone else playing a co-op game with me and I'm the primary account, they can play games they haven't purchased, or would they also have to buy?

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                I'm sorry, but it's already bullshit that I can't share downloadable purchases from XBLA on my wife's console, like I can on PS3.
                I'm not trying to back up Microsoft at all, but if I were running a company, I wouldn't allow that either.

Originally posted by Twigg
                I hope Forza 5 is worth buying this piece of shit Swarley and JMS.
                Said from day one I'll be mostly a Sony gamer next-gen, but unless Turn 10 shits the bed with FM5, I'll buy the console for that series.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

I'm not trying to back up Microsoft at all, but if I were running a company, I wouldn't allow that either.
                  I know I'm in a pretty unique situation, but NOT being able to download purchased games on multiple consoles in my own house is ridiculous.

So, if I have multiple Xbox Ones (fuck that name is dumber each time I hear or type it), I will have to pay a fee to play a game on the other console, even if my account is tied to both?

Comment

• KNUBB
                    WHITE RONDO
                    • Jun 2009

BATTERIES STILL

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                      BATTERIES STILL

Come on bro. Some people, like CheapyD and Shipwreck from CAG, say that is an absolute ADVANTAGE!

I think they were dropped on their heads as children.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

In other news, Sony's stock has risen over 9% today, MS continues moving down, 1% on the day

Comment

• KNUBB
                          WHITE RONDO
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          Come on bro. Some people, like CheapyD and Shipwreck from CAG, say that is an absolute ADVANTAGE!

I think they were dropped on their heads as children.
                          Im getting flamed in the CB at this very moment about this gripe.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

I also think that it's hilarious that M$ had to plant their own employees to cheer at their event. How pathetic.

It's even funnier that all of these game journalists are making a point to clarify on twitter that none of them were cheering.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                              Im getting flamed in the CB at this very moment about this gripe.
                              Probably by the same people that say all digital is the wave of the future and the only way to play games. While I am definitely leaning that way, I can't fathom how you can think that about games but have such antiquated ideals about still using fucking standard batteries in a controller???

Although I'm sure M$ will once again offer a completely overpriced and shitty rechargeable proprietary battery pack solution.

Comment

• PP
                                • Feb 2010

MS dropped the ball. With E3 so close I wonder if they even are far enough along in any games. What are they gonna show off at E3, TVTVTV? I mean its a videogame conference...

Comment

Working...