X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
    Is it just me or did the Witches of Hemwick boss battle seem oddly easy?
    It is an easy fight. Also optional

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

Sooo I think I may have went the wrong way or something, because I don't feel as if I should have been where I went...

After you beat the Starved Beast and that door on the right opens in the cathedral ward, I went across the bridge to the tower, went all the way to the top and the door was locked; well I went back to the bottom floor and dropped off the ledge which led around to another door inside the tower, but it features all broken wooden bridges and shit and you have to precisely drop down onto each ledge (I died about 4 times). Eventually you'll reach the bottom (which was scary because at one point you look down and you see pitch back, but hear the grumblings of a monster), well I slayed an enemy that I've never seen before (but wasn't too difficult) and I ended up getting the 'Beast Rune'. I opened up the door and was in what seemed like a completely different city (like the slums).

Long story short, I ended up eventually dying to the soul catcher or whatever he's called and instead of going back to the lamp, he put me in the Yahar'gul (the Unseen City) prison of some sorts. I eventually got back to the hunter's dream, but something tells me I shouldn't have even gotten down to the bottom of that tower and killed that enemy that gave me a Beast Rune and gotten to that slum part of the city.

I hope that all didn't sound too incoherent, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out as to where the hell I just went and if I jumped way ahead? If so, I'm gonna have to go do some more exploring, because off the top of my head, I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to go right now.

Twitch Channel
      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by krulmichael
        Sooo I think I may have went the wrong way or something, because I don't feel as if I should have been where I went...

After you beat the Starved Beast and that door on the right opens in the cathedral ward, I went across the bridge to the tower, went all the way to the top and the door was locked; well I went back to the bottom floor and dropped off the ledge which led around to another door inside the tower, but it features all broken wooden bridges and shit and you have to precisely drop down onto each ledge (I died about 4 times). Eventually you'll reach the bottom (which was scary because at one point you look down and you see pitch back, but hear the grumblings of a monster), well I slayed an enemy that I've never seen before (but wasn't too difficult) and I ended up getting the 'Beast Rune'. I opened up the door and was in what seemed like a completely different city (like the slums).

Long story short, I ended up eventually dying to the soul catcher or whatever he's called and instead of going back to the lamp, he put me in the Yahar'gul (the Unseen City) prison of some sorts. I eventually got back to the hunter's dream, but something tells me I shouldn't have even gotten down to the bottom of that tower and killed that enemy that gave me a Beast Rune and gotten to that slum part of the city.

I hope that all didn't sound too incoherent, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out as to where the hell I just went and if I jumped way ahead? If so, I'm gonna have to go do some more exploring, because off the top of my head, I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to go right now.

i did something similar by going to the Ya'Gral Unseen city - with those Judo Mudda Fuckasszzz;

they annoying as fuck but thats kinda where i found a few cheezy spots to farm some nice BEs.
        do the one Judo dude by lantern and aggro pull towards hallway door to the opposite side (to the right facing lantern).
        then i went up steps to ledge, then aggro the Piggie and killed him from ledge.....
        got to lantern to hunter dream;
        rinse repeat by going to the new open lantern.

anyway;
        you need to make way to Amelia - from Cathedral ward.
        if you need a few hints - let me know. took me awhile before i had to read about the area
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

It's also a really nice area to try and farm some twin blood stones, or whatever the upgrade items are called. Once you get the judo sack shits down.

Comment

• Handleit_44
            Posts a lot
            • Jun 2009

Boss #7 down (Shadow of Yharnam)

Now entering the Byrgenwerth area...

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

All of a sudden my Bloodborne character has turned into Ezio Auditore.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Welp, made this game my bitch today. Beat all of the optional bosses, and got the "true" ending. SOmething about this one really clicked for me after a bit, more so than previous Souls games. I'm guessing it is the more aggressive nature of the combat, and what felt like more of a focus on reflexes over patience. I beat Gehrman or whatever is name is on the first try, which was probably the highlight of my playthrough, skill wise. I was visceral hitting that bitch like no ones business.

Great game, really enjoyed it. The story, as far as I could tell, was nonsensical without digging into it, which I guess is par for the course for these games.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

These three Shadows of Yharnam are starting to be a real damn pain my ass. I always seem to get them all down below half, and then some ridiculous set of events seem to take place where they bitch slap the hell out of me.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

Man, the brilliance of this game, just like any Souls game (but seemingly more so this one - for me at least), is that despite its moments of frustration it really does teach you on this gradual scale. I'm in New Game + now and bosses that gave me a hell of a time on my first go through seem trivial in a lot of ways compared to what I went through previously. A great example is the Father, who took me about 8 tries on my first playthrough. After Gehrman, the Father seemed like an absolute cakewalk and easy as hell to stun/visceral.

Really enjoy it. It seems like NG+ has less of a reason to exist than previous games, but I'm not sick of the combat yet, and PvP isn't my thing, so I'm still having a hell of a time.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

just beat Witches of Hemwick after 7 attempts....
                      not that hard - once you get the 2nd phase and just focus on the those wart looking things.

now i am level 61.
                      Health - 20
                      Vitality - 22
                      Strength - 19
                      Skill - 20
                      Bloodtinge - 19
                      Arcane - 9
                      (something like that)

have the Ludwig sword and gun now too

have all 3 slots on sword too......
                      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Handle had asked in the other thread...I'm going off of memory here but, I definitely leaned into the bonuses from the Ludwig Holy Sword. It scaling at higher levels for both strength and skill was nuts.

Currently I am on NG+ at I want to say around level 100. I am pushing for the soft cap for strength, then will focus on skill. Here and there I have tossed a point or two into vitality, and every now and then stamina or bloodtinge. I found stamina to not be nearly as necessary in this game as in previous ones.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
                          Handle had asked in the other thread...I'm going off of memory here but, I definitely leaned into the bonuses from the Ludwig Holy Sword. It scaling at higher levels for both strength and skill was nuts.

Currently I am on NG+ at I want to say around level 100. I am pushing for the soft cap for strength, then will focus on skill. Here and there I have tossed a point or two into vitality, and every now and then stamina or bloodtinge. I found stamina to not be nearly as necessary in this game as in previous ones.
                          the Ludwig sword is really OP; lol. a little slow but OP. (thanks for the tip mmRed)
                          i will be focusing on Strength and Skill for awhile - at least until i hit 70.
                          i wanted more vitality cuz when i use the power swing (R2), it would take a slight pause to wait for another swing.
                          now i can use R2, R1, R2 combos if needed, without downtime

how much BE it cost to Level when you around Lvl 100??

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            the Ludwig sword is really OP; lol. a little slow but OP. (thanks for the tip mmRed)
                            i will be focusing on Strength and Skill for awhile - at least until i hit 70.
                            i wanted more vitality cuz when i use the power swing (R2), it would take a slight pause to wait for another swing.
                            now i can use R2, R1, R2 combos if needed, without downtime

how much BE it cost to Level when you around Lvl 100??
                            I'll have to check. I think that I'm even higher than that, because with runes (I have 3 moon runes, which all boost echos received) and the increased echos you get from enemies in NG+ you get a TON of echos. I think when I stopped playing last night a level up costed about 70k? Your level really stops mattering after a while, because later dudes do so much damage, it boils down to reflexes and timing more than anything else. NG+ is even worse, especially with the bosses.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
                              I'll have to check. I think that I'm even higher than that, because with runes (I have 3 moon runes, which all boost echos received) and the increased echos you get from enemies in NG+ you get a TON of echos. I think when I stopped playing last night a level up costed about 70k? Your level really stops mattering after a while, because later dudes do so much damage, it boils down to reflexes and timing more than anything else. NG+ is even worse, especially with the bosses.
                              when you started NG+, do you remember what level you were?
                              and
                              did you do most of the side quests, secrets, bosses, etc??

i know there is lots of stuff to do too so wondering if you feel like you should have explored more before killing the final boss.....

Comment

• SethMode
                                Master of Mysticism
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                                when you started NG+, do you remember what level you were?
                                and
                                did you do most of the side quests, secrets, bosses, etc??

i know there is lots of stuff to do too so wondering if you feel like you should have explored more before killing the final boss.....
                                I killed all of the bosses and found all of the areas, but I still don't know if I did all of the secrets or anything because I tried to not use a guide save for strategies. I don't really remember my level when I beat the game. If I had to guess I'd say 80-90 range?

I did virtually zero of the quests in my first playthrough, mostly because I beat Amelia too early/before starting any of them. If anything, I wish I had spent more time exploring before that fight than before the final boss. The world changed so drastically at that point, I didn't realize how much I was missing.

The final boss is actually optional though, and it is VERY obvious when it is time to face it. You will still be able to do a fair amount of clean up. I don't think any of the bosses go away despite what happens in the world, so you can find them and their areas no matter what. I also went about getting the Blood Rock, which was an interesting experience.

Comment

Working...