Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

I don't even know what fucking level I'm on or where I'm supposed to go to be honest. I know I have to goto a cathedral, but it's not like there's a way to set a waypoint. Speaking of which, how does this game not have a fucking map feature or am I just retarded and haven't figured it out yet?

THIS GAME RAISES MY BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!!!

Twitch Channel
      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• DJ Rhude
        #42 G.O.A.T.
        • Feb 2009

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
          I don't even know what fucking level I'm on or where I'm supposed to go to be honest. I know I have to goto a cathedral, but it's not like there's a way to set a waypoint. Speaking of which, how does this game not have a fucking map feature or am I just retarded and haven't figured it out yet?

None of the Souls games have any map, or any handholding whatsoever. Souls games don't:

1) Explain anything. Ever.
          2) Tell you where to go.

If it is frustrating you already, it probably isn't the game for you. The intense difficulty along with the ambiguity of the game in general, is both why people love the series and why people don't care for them.

For me, so far (2 bosses in):

I find the game is easier thus far than Dark Souls, which really kicked my ass, and probably around/on par with Demon's Souls. There are still things that I'm working to get the hang of, particularly as a spear/shield guy in the past. The only real irritations I have are kind of connected to the load times: 1) I hate that you can't level up at the lanterns; and 2) I hate that you can't repopulate the world at the lanterns without sitting through the load times of returning to the Nexus or whatever it is called..

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Seth seemed to sum things up quite nicely, but I'll add what was told to me in a thread for a different game when I had similar questions...

UNTUCK YOUR GODDAMN SACK! NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS TO HAVE BREAD CRUMBS EVERYWHERE OR HOLD YOUR HAND AT EVERY TURN. JESUS CHRIST, GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY IF YOU WANT SOME PUSSY, EASY GAME.

(That was sarcasm by the way.)
            Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-26-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Handleit_44
              Posts a lot
              • Jun 2009

Definitely gonna pick this up at some point.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                • Jul 2010

what catherdral?? how u know that??

i am on the 2nd spawn lantern
                3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• krulmichael
                  STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                  None of the Souls games have any map, or any handholding whatsoever. Souls games don't:

2) Tell you where to go.

If it is frustrating you already, it probably isn't the game for you. The intense difficulty along with the ambiguity of the game in general, is both why people love the series and why people don't care for them.

I find the game is easier thus far than Dark Souls, which really kicked my ass, and probably around/on par with Demon's Souls. There are still things that I'm working to get the hang of, particularly as a spear/shield guy in the past. The only real irritations I have are kind of connected to the load times: 1) I hate that you can't level up at the lanterns; and 2) I hate that you can't repopulate the world at the lanterns without sitting through the load times of returning to the Nexus or whatever it is called..

I never played any of the Souls games so this is all brand new for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the style of game, but I was just making sure I didn't miss anything. Hell, I had to check the online manual to figure out how to even equip my damn weapons. I'll be sticking with it, no doubt. Thank you for the heads up of knowledge though, good sir.

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  Seth seemed to sum things up quite nicely, but I'll add what was told to me in a thread for a different game when I had similar questions...

UNTUCK YOUR GODDAMN SACK! NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS TO HAVE BREAD CRUMBS EVERYWHERE OR HOLD YOUR HAND AT EVERY TURN. JESUS CHRIST, GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY IF YOU WANT SOME PUSSY, EASY GAME.

(That was sarcasm by the way.)

Seriously though, it is a completely different style of game. In the age we are in now where there are tutorials for essentially every game created, it's a change of pace to just be thrown into the depths of hell (literally) without so much of a, "good luck you poor fool." Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the 'AH-HAH' moments the game brings when you figure shit out, but along the way I'm gonna piss and moan about it...but bet your ass I'll keep playing it.

Sidenizzle - COD can suck a bag of dicks.

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                  what catherdral?? how u know that??

i am on the 2nd spawn lantern
                  I just found out when you first get to the Central Yarham messenger checkpoint (lantern), you go straight up to one of the windows of the building and you can talk to someone.

I've noticed that wherever red lanterns are sitting, there are NPC's you can talk to (usually you knock on the door and they respond to you).

Twitch Channel

Comment

• krulmichael
                    STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                    • Feb 2009

2) Tell you where to go.

Oh, and I also forgot to ask in my last post; how do you know when you are facing a boss? Is there like a cutscene? I would say because it's a much tougher enemy, but in the case of this game, they are all pretty damn difficult.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

Oh, and I also forgot to ask in my last post; how do you know when you are facing a boss? Is there like a cutscene? I would say because it's a much tougher enemy, but in the case of this game, they are all pretty damn difficult.
                      It sort of depends. Since this looks like it will mostly stick to the same formula, I'll say that you'll know you're facing a proper boss when a huge health bar appears on the bottom the screen, along with a name. These guys will never return. Then there are less identifiable sub bosses. In these cases, they might be characters in the world that are just tough as fuck to kill, or hulking beasts that are just tough as fuck to kill. If this stays similar to previous Souls games, the best way to tell which type these guys are is that they won't come back when you refresh the world.

But as for the true "boss" dudes, you'll know. They're generally gigantic, and like I said, they'll be a huge power bar across the bottom. And have fun when you stumble into one with a shit ton of souls...er...BLOOD ECHOS...and are just exploring, and you get you shit pushed in, and then have to make the stressful trek back to your death location in hopes of both beating the boss and getting your shit back.

Finally, glad you're liking it so far. The games are unique, despite the fact that this is the 4th one of their type. They have a huge learning curve and can really cause frustration, but they come with a sense of satisfaction that most modern games just don't have anymore.

Comment

• buckeye
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2013

I'm grabbing a game tonight... this might be it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• krulmichael
                          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                          • Feb 2009

It sort of depends. Since this looks like it will mostly stick to the same formula, I'll say that you'll know you're facing a proper boss when a huge health bar appears on the bottom the screen, along with a name. These guys will never return. Then there are less identifiable sub bosses. In these cases, they might be characters in the world that are just tough as fuck to kill, or hulking beasts that are just tough as fuck to kill. If this stays similar to previous Souls games, the best way to tell which type these guys are is that they won't come back when you refresh the world.

But as for the true "boss" dudes, you'll know. They're generally gigantic, and like I said, they'll be a huge power bar across the bottom. And have fun when you stumble into one with a shit ton of souls...er...BLOOD ECHOS...and are just exploring, and you get you shit pushed in, and then have to make the stressful trek back to your death location in hopes of both beating the boss and getting your shit back.

Finally, glad you're liking it so far. The games are unique, despite the fact that this is the 4th one of their type. They have a huge learning curve and can really cause frustration, but they come with a sense of satisfaction that most modern games just don't have anymore.
                          Thanks for the info again. It's odd, this is one of those games that pisses me off, but I keep wanting to play it almost to spite it. Like I'll talk shit to the game like I'm trying to prove it wrong haha. It certainly is rewarding when defeat enemies after they've killed you multiple times. I've already had a moment where I lost ALLLLLL my blood echoes after staying alive the longest I have (I went from 0 to 2000+ blood echoes...big deal for me thus far) and getting far into the level...only to explore the sewers and immediately die. I was stupid though, I probably went by 2-3 messengers and didn't bother to activate them.

And I will say this; this is probably the first game I've ever played that the enemies are intimadating. I'm sure the difficulty has to do with that, but when you slay one guy that's been bugging the shit out of you, then you go around another corner and see this new ungodly beast while you're running around; freaks me out. I literally avoid certain battles. I suppose it's part of the strategies, but I really enjoy the variety of enemies so far...no matter how frustrating they can be.

Originally posted by buckeye

Twitch Channel

Comment

• CCBrink
                            Awkward Swag
                            • May 2009

This may be my next game. I tend to rage quit a decent amount tho

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by buckeye

Why not wait a few days? Target has B1G1 50% starting Sunday.

Comment

• buckeye
                                Noob
                                • Dec 2013

Only other games I want right now I will be picking up down south in a few days when I go on vacation

Comment

Working...