Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MrBill
    Behind closed doors in Redmond? I'm guessing a whole hell of a lot. This was supposed to be the no brainer big game of the holiday season.
    I'm not sure if that's the case. It's essentially Halo 2 multiplayer with four single-player campaigns covering the franchise up to this point (minus Wars and ODST.) It's embarrassing to release a game with that kind of broken online, but lets be honest, we all know most of their resources are probably on Halo 5 for next fall.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      I'm not sure if that's the case. It's essentially Halo 2 multiplayer with four single-player campaigns covering the franchise up to this point (minus Wars and ODST.) It's embarrassing to release a game with that kind of broken online, but lets be honest, we all know most of their resources are probably on Halo 5 for next fall.
      Yes, but Bungie was controlling all of the development and the sever maintenance back then. Even though it's really the same games with prettier graphics it's now up to 393 to handle that shit and it's pretty obvious they can't.
      Last edited by Twigg4075; 11-24-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

I thought I read that this iteration is dedicated servers for matchmaking.

The original Halo 2 did not use dedicated servers, which could be the reason they are having issues?

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

This is the guy from Forbes that wrote that blistering article on the broken online experience for Halo MCC.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
            I thought I read that this iteration is dedicated servers for matchmaking.

The original Halo 2 did not use dedicated servers, which could be the reason they are having issues?
            What happened to "the cloud"?

The cloud was supposed to be the end all, be all of multiplayer.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

How can Sledgehammer have the Call of Duty servers operating at such a high level of efficiency and the Halo servers be such crap?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

How can Sledgehammer have the Call of Duty servers operating at such a high level of efficiency and the Halo servers be such crap?
                Because Activision actually invested money in their servers and MS's cloud is bullshit?

Remember all of the problems people were reporting with Titanfall after it first released? And that was supposed to be THE game that was going to display how amazing their cloud servers were.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                  No longer a noob
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  Because Activision actually invested money in their servers and MS's cloud is bullshit?

Remember all of the problems people were reporting with Titanfall after it first released? And that was supposed to be THE game that was going to display how amazing their cloud servers were.
                  I don't understand the titanfall comparison. I've had that since launch and it was never even close to the level of broken that halo is right now. I don't really remember any issues with titanfall other than the lack of maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
                    I don't understand the titanfall comparison. I've had that since launch and it was never even close to the level of broken that halo is right now. I don't really remember any issues with titanfall other than the lack of maps.

Oh no, I'm not saying it was as bad as this, but there were still tons of issues. I think most were resolved within the first week.

It's just funny how they touted how amazing their cloud servers were and what a game changer they were. Respawn even flat out lied with their bullshit of how Titanfall could only be done on XB1 because of the cloud servers. Then the game releases and it's not different than any other mp shooter and still had online issues.

This shit is on a different level though.

Please tell me you at least remember the reports, and of course the following grandstanding by the likes of people like PT and Atlas about how MS spent a bazillion dollars on new servers and their cloud based server system and how we would never see mp issues like we had last gen? BULLSHIT.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                      No longer a noob
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                      Oh no, I'm not saying it was as bad as this, but there were still tons of issues. I think most were resolved within the first week.

It's just funny how they touted how amazing their cloud servers were and what a game changer they were. Respawn even flat out lied with their bullshit of how Titanfall could only be done on XB1 because of the cloud servers. Then the game releases and it's not different than any other mp shooter and still had online issues.

This shit is on a different level though.

Please tell me you at least remember the reports, and of course the following grandstanding by the likes of people like PT and Atlas about how MS spent a bazillion dollars on new servers and their cloud based server system and how we would never see mp issues like we had last gen? BULLSHIT.
                      I don't remember but that's probably because I wasn't paying attention.

I just want to play Halo online without these game crippling issues. It's pretty frustrating that most of the time after waiting 5 minutes to start a game it ends up being 5 on 3 until most everyone quits.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
                        I don't remember but that's probably because I wasn't paying attention.

I just want to play Halo online without these game crippling issues. It's pretty frustrating that most of the time after waiting 5 minutes to start a game it ends up being 5 on 3 until most everyone quits.

I've just been waiting it out while the wife and I play AC Unity. But man, do I want to play some Halo.

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

Another update for Halo. This one is focused heavily on matchmaking-

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                            No longer a noob
                            • Jan 2010

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Another update for Halo. This one is focused heavily on matchmaking-

I need to see if this one is any better. The last one was big but didn't really do anything. I was on the other night and it was a disaster. I got into my first match pretty quick, we had 8 players and teams were 5-3. After everyone quit I couldn't get into another game and I tried for about 10 minutes. I am losing hope that this will ever be fixed. 343 is a joke.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                              No longer a noob
                              • Jan 2010

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

This game still refuses to match up even teams. I don't think I've managed to get into a game yet that was either 4v4 or 5v5.

In all these fixes, why can't they fix the 8 player glitch where EVERY match with 8 players ends up being 5v3? This is the most ridiculous issue.

Last edited by Colonel Angus; 11-28-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                                No longer a noob
                                • Jan 2010

I'm happy to report that nearly 2 months after release this game is actually worth playing. I played about 10 matches with a friend and was able to find games each time within a reasonable amount of time. The lobby closed after each game and reset the matchmaking each time which is still annoying but the game never had problems starting matches.

Comment

Working...