X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSpydr84
    I need a sub
    • Oct 2008

Tiger Woods?

Does anyone here play Tiger Woods? It'd be cool to start a couple online tournaments like the Masters or whatever. Make a leaderboard and have the best golfer on VSN and shit. Drop a line in here if you play Tiger or would be interested in something like this.
  • celtsxpatsxsox
    Redsox
    • Oct 2008

wow...I was just thinking about something like this. I would be interested when Tiger Woods 10 comes out.

Comment

• DNEUM
      Welcome Mr. Crabtree
      • Oct 2008

I don't have 09 anymore, but we should definitely do this when Tiger 10 drops.

RZML | SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | 1-0

Comment

• Virix
        I see you
        • Nov 2008

Id be down.

Comment

• DSpydr84
          I need a sub
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by codizzle42
          You guys all have 360's don't you? Fuck, that is going to be the one thing that sucks about switching from the box to the ps3.
          I'm PS3, but what I'm really trying to do with this idea is make this the first bi-system tournament on VSN, because in golf you're really only playing against the course. It's hard because you have to trust the guys enough to post the right scores, so we'll have to come up with a better way of doing that. Hopefully when Tiger10 drops we'll have a cool way of going about it, because I'd really like for this thing to cover both systems and I don't think that's too much of a reach.

Comment

• Chrispy
            Needs a hobby
            • Dec 2008

i would so be in this

Comment

• DSpydr84
              I need a sub
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cbgolfer13
              I think you can all just play on the same settings and then have a few people play together in their tournament "round" and they will all record the scores. This way they attest that the other people shot the score that they did and vise-versa.
              Money. We got the concept, now let's get the people.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                Fuck em
                • Oct 2008

I am definately in....PS3 version too

Comment

• Rylo
                  Corpse Disgracer
                  • Oct 2008

Would be create our own players or what? I've never played Tiger Woods, but I'd be dow.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                    I need a sub
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cbgolfer13
                    We would probably start out playing with pre-made guys because it takes a little while for everyone to get their created players good. I think it would be more fun to eventually have your own player playing though.
                    I was thinking we all just start with our created guys and if we all suck, we all suck. It'd be cool to have a guy win an early tournament with a -1 or whatever instead of -20. We'll work it out though, we still have plenty of time.

Comment

• Rylo
                      Corpse Disgracer
                      • Oct 2008

I may rent Tiger Woods just to do this then. Good time to try the franchise it seems.

Comment

• j.hen
                        Self Care
                        • Oct 2008

Sounds good, I've been wanting to buy a Tiger Woods game but never sprang on it.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                          No Homo
                          • Nov 2008

Yeah when 10 comes out I would be down. I like the idea of playing with created players. Or play with like real golfers minus like a few elite guys (tiger). We could have a random draft on who gets who

Comment

• DSpydr84
                            I need a sub
                            • Oct 2008

Tiger Woods Tentative and Unofficial Schedule

I wanted to post it to stir up some interest and see what you guys think of the format cbgolfer13 and myself whipped up. We're gonna be running this thing together since he wanted to run one anyway, and it works out because he's on 360 and I'm on PS3.

P.S. This is all TENTATIVE, so everything can be changed (the names, the courses, the dates, the number of rounds, etc.). I'm just posting this to see what people think of the format. Also, I understand the times given are a bit long, and some may like them to be shortened. We can always go faster if everyone is playing faster, or if everyone agrees we should go faster. Like I said, we have plenty of time to figure things out, and this is not at all official. I want to hear your guys' feedback about it first.

Tiger Woods 10 Release Date: June 16th

Inaugural Tournament (Pebble Beach?) - June 23rd-28th; 2 OR 4 rounds

VSN Pro-Am (wherever) - June 30th-July 5th; 2 OR 4 rounds

Ryder Cup (wherever) - July 7th-12th; 2 OR 4 rounds

**Open Championship (St. Andrews) - July 14th-19th; 4 rounds**

Western Open (wherever) - July 21st-26th; 2 OR 4 rounds

VSN Open (wherever) - July 28th-August 2nd; 2 OR 4 rounds

European Pro-Am (wherever) - August 4th-9th; 2 OR 4 rounds

**PGA Championship (Hazeltine National Golf Club [can be changed]) - August 11th-16th; 4 rounds**

Presidents Cup (wherever) - August 18th-23rd; 2 OR 4 rounds

Buick Invitational (wherever) - August 25th-30th; 2 OR 4 rounds

Transitions Championship (wherever) - September 1st-6th; 2 OR 4 rounds

**Masters Tournament (Augusta National) - September 8th-13th; 4 rounds**

Memorial Tournament (wherever) - September 15th-20th; 2 OR 4 rounds

VSN Classic (wherever) - September 22nd-27th; 2 OR 4 rounds

Travelers Open (wherever) - September 29th-October 4th; 2 OR 4 rounds

**US Open (Bethpage State Park - Black) - October 6th-11th; 4 rounds**

Puerto Rico Open (wherever) - October 13th-18th; 2 OR 4 rounds

Arnold Palmer Invitational (Bay Hill?) - October 20th-25th; 2 OR 4 rounds

Charity Pro-Am (wherever) - October 27th-November 1st; 2 OR 4 rounds

VSN Championship (Wolf Creek [can be changed]) - November 3rd-8th; 4 rounds

We will obviously add more tournaments past this point, this is just the bread and butter.

** denotes a Major tournament (I realize the Masters and the U.S. Open are not real-time accurate. Sue me).
                            Not all tournaments are mandatory, but playing in more tournaments will give you a better chance at being ranked higher. We were talking about making restrictions for the Majors if we get enough people (only the top 20 golfers, for example, can play in the Majors) but that's not at all set in stone.

Discuss.
                            Last edited by DSpydr84; 04-14-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                              Free World Leader
                              • Oct 2008

i am SO down to do this

Comment

Working...