This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LC AAU
    • Oct 2008

I just realized you got 4 full pages in a matter of the 6 hours I was at basketball today

/life

sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• James2Stapleton
      william melvin hicks
      • Mar 2009

wow Rondo 3rd on MVP votes
      ducka ducka ducka

Comment

• DJ Rhude
        #42 G.O.A.T.
        • Feb 2009

Damn Deron Williams had himself a game......I see what you mean about your game sounding like my game.....do everything right until the last couple of seconds

Why'd you go for three though, wanted to go for the jugular or there not enough time left to do anything else?

Comment

• Lupe
          Posts a lot
          • Nov 2008

finally no more cheese game winners from Mike.

Originally posted by Len B
          Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• mfbmike
            Goat****er
            • Nov 2008

Minor Trouble in Paradise = Opportunity for Wolves?

Portland Trailblazers guard Rudy Fernández is no stranger to pressure. A key member of Spain's high-octane national team, fresh off another international championship this summer, Fernandez has let it be known he wants to play a bigger role for the Blazers.

"I want to have a bigger role with the team and play more minutes than I used to," explained Fernandez, "because in the minutes I got I think I've done pretty well and I have to continue growing as a player."

As a rookie for the Trail Blazers last season, Fernández averaged 10.4 points in 25.6 minutes per game, largely as a reserve. However, this season, with Martell Webster back from injury and Jerryd Bayless also seeing more play time, Fernandez has seen his minutes cut in half. (12.2 MPG)

A trade for Fernandez makes a whole lot of sense for the Wolves. Personally, I see Fernandez as the perfect fit to:

- Fill the Wolves glaring hole at the shooting guard position with a player that shoot the 3 and dunk well (two of the most estimated qualities for a wing). Let's not forget his charisma.

- Be the perfect asset to help Rubio's transition to the NBA in 2 years. Rubio and Fernandez (and Sergio Rodriguez, also a member of the Wolves) are long time teammates of Spain's National team and are 2 (3) players that know one another very well on and off the court.

It appears the seemingly unavoidable issues of having too much talent and not enough shots/minutes/payroll are starting to exhibit themselves in Portland.

Let's not forget the Blazers have yet to ink Lamarcus Aldridge to an extension yet either.

Any opportunities for the Wolves here?

The question is what do the Wolves have that they can offer them? Preferably outside of Jonny Flynn, Kevin Love , Ricky Rubio and Al Jefferson.

Maybe some expiring contracts, future picks? The Blazers don't really have any holes in there roster. Essentially, it comes down to if they're looking at freeing up playing time, or saving money to retain their core.

Rudy is the type of player the team needs, and the Wolves can give him exactly what he wants.

Minutes and a starting job.
            Last edited by mfbmike; 10-19-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• mfbmike
              Goat****er
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by James2Stapleton
              wow Rondo 3rd on MVP votes
              Leading the league in assists, top 5 in steals, scoring more than he did last season as well.

Dude is ridiculous. lol.

Originally posted by DJ Rhude
              Damn Deron Williams had himself a game......I see what you mean about your game sounding like my game.....do everything right until the last couple of seconds

Why'd you go for three though, wanted to go for the jugular or there not enough time left to do anything else?
              I ran a play that had Wayne Ellington coming off a screen. He came off and was relatively wide open. I probably could've stepped in and took a long 2 but I figured I was open enough. It was a shot he has hit before. I figured it would've went down for him but should've thought twice considering he was already 0-3 from beyond the arch at that point.

Ellington is going to be a solid basketball player. But it's obvious he isn't ready to hold down a starting job yet.

Originally posted by Lupe
              finally no more cheese game winners from Mike.
              Yeah, like you do with Peja huh? :captain:

Originally posted by Benn Al
              Soo close to hitting .500 there

And Rondo getting it done - boys got some quality

Great work again Mike, you set the bar in here with this franchise.
              It feels like it is always 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. lol. Thanks a lot man. Much appreciated.

Thanks for following guys!
              Last edited by mfbmike; 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• RockSteady
                Rockin Steady 24/7
                • Aug 2009

Rudy + Flynn would be FTMFW! Make it happen man.

Get Better AO!!!

#3 Syracuse (28-4)

Comment

• mfbmike
                  Goat****er
                  • Nov 2008

Wolves Fail To Knock Down Open Shots, Endure 19 Point Loss To Magic

Starting Lineups:
                  Jonny Flynn PG Jameer Nelson
                  Wayne Ellington SG Vince Carter
                  Corey Brewer SF Rashard Lewis
                  Kevin Love PF Marcin Gortat
                  Al Jefferson C Dwight Howard

(15-18) 92 vs. 111 (16-15)

Rookie Wayne Ellington had another rough night from the field, scoring 6 points on 3-11 shooting in the Wolves loss Friday night.

Player Of The Game:

Vince Carter

Quote Of The Game:
                  "Magic? More like voodoo yo. I ain't never seen that many shots look like they were gonna go down and just rim out. The Magic were crashing the boards hard and letting our guys get good looks out there. We just couldn't get them to fall. It was tough." - Sean Williams

Next Game:

Comment

• SuperNova854
                    Hobo Pride
                    • Nov 2008

tough loss

1984 Record: 44-38 (9th in west)
                    1985 Record: 42-40 (7th in west; 1st round exit)
                    1986 Record: 51-31 (3rd in west; swept in finals)

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"

Comment

• goDawgs1433
                      Silver Britches
                      • Mar 2009

MORE LIKE VOODOO YO

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

Ellington Busts Out For Big Game, Pacers Stutter Out Of Half, Wolves Grab Win

Starting Lineups:
                        Jonny Flynn PG Andre Miller
                        Wayne Ellington SG Dahntay Jones
                        Corey Brewer SF Danny Granger
                        Kevin Love PF Troy Murphy
                        Al Jefferson C Jeff Foster

(15-19) 105 @ 97 (11-20)

Sean Williams soars in to throw down the alley-oop from Sergio Rodriguez on the break.

Player Of The Game:

Wayne Ellington

Quote Of The Game:
                        "Wayne was huge for us tonight.The opportunity for him to keep getting significant minutes and hold on to this starting job is right in front of him. If he can find his shot consistently at the NBA level, he'll continue to get these opportunities. There was a story in this morning's paper about an opportunity for us to possibly land Rudy Fernandez from the Blazers. Maybe that had something to do with Wayne's performance tonight. Who knows?" - Wolves Head Coach Kurt Rambis

Next Game:
                        Last edited by mfbmike; 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• mfbmike
                          Goat****er
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by tross840
                          Rudy Rudy Rudy ! zomg...he would be an all star with da wolves...and we can finally get rid of that 2pg backcourt
                          lol, no kidding. Rudy's the shit.

Originally posted by DeeJay
                          Great option if you end up getting Rudy, Spanish Connection
                          :whisper:

You know I already got half of it with Sergio in town. ;)

Originally posted by TexasFan101
                          ur doing better than i thought u would with the wolves
                          lol, thanks. Trying to stay competitive out here.

Originally posted by codizzle42
                          That would be an awesome trade mike, I know you'd like to land him.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
                          You bet. Just a matter of trying to find something that makes sense. Maybe I can work some magic.

Originally posted by RockSteady
                          Rudy + Flynn would be FTMFW! Make it happen man.
                          I think it would be great. It may be wishful thinking but I think adding a guy like Rudy would take me from lottery contention to playoff contention with the way some teams are struggling in the West.

Originally posted by Agent A5
                          Nice write up there Mike.

Fernandez fills that SG spot you need to fill, Sessions could come in off the bench, or Flynn. Good shit. Mike, keep it up.
                          Thanks. Appreciate it man.

Originally posted by Bullsfan
                          Career high for Brewer?
                          lol, close, but no. I scored 25 with him earlier in the year, against the Nuggets.

Originally posted by YeaSo
                          wow they had three players with 10+ rebounds...that's hard to do
                          It was brutal. I got worked on the boards. Al and Kevin were contained on the glass as well. Ryan Hollins actually came in and grabbed 8 boards for me though. lol.

Originally posted by goDawgs1433
                          MORE LIKE VOODOO YO
                          It's fucking true dude. LOL. I watched a number of 3 pointers look like they were going to fall and just ricochet or toilet bowl out. It sucked. :/

Comment

• Kia Kaha
                            52Ray_Lewis
                            • Dec 2008

have you found your future SG??
                            Ellington was a beast

Comment

• goDawgs1433
                              Silver Britches
                              • Mar 2009

Nice win over Granger and your old boys back in Indy.

Seems like the really good teams in this game just get some divine intervention sometimes, rofl. Magic, Celtics, Lakers, etc...someone always watching over them jiggas.

Comment

• mike3
                                • Mar 2009

Wayne Ellington was awesome, good to see him stepping it up

Comment

Working...