X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • packersfan4eva
    Ryan Luxem
    • Dec 2008

Simulation Station | An NFL Sim Franchise

Rodger Goodell answering questions at his most recent press conference.

(AP) - July brings many things: lightning bugs, vacations, longer days, and most importantly, the anticipation of another NFL season.

"July is the worst time of the year for people associated with the NFL," said Rodger Goodell at a recent press conference. "The football season is less than a month away, but until then there is nothing to do except sit and wait."

Last year's memorable season ended with a memorable playoffs, finally ending with the New Orleans Saints being crowned Super Bowl Champs with their 31-17 upset of the Indianapolis Colts. "If the momentum created in the 2009 Playoffs carries over to 2010, we could have one hell of a season," said Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis.

You remember the NFC Championship game from last season? That controversial game between the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints? The one that caused the new overtime rule? Well, folks, now we can have--if Brett Favre returns--a perfect rematch of that game; week 1 will feature the Vikings and the Saints squaring off again. "A perfect accident," said Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

As I mentioned earlier, Rodger Goodell held a press conference just a few days ago. The conference, aired on ESPN2 and the NFL Network, was just an announcement telling fans what to expect for the upcoming season. "The official start of the preseason," as Goodell put it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Madden NFL '11

System: Xbox 360

Team: None

Sliders: Simulation, won't need sliders.

Rosters: I will update with preseason trades, suspensions, etc., as soon as I get the game on August 10th.

What is this?: You guys have heard of the "Remember the 90's" chise, right? I'm doing that with current teams and rosters. An up-to-date simulation franchise.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
    I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though
  • packersfan4eva
    Ryan Luxem
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Cream_Puffed
    Looking good so far!

Following
    Thanks. I hope not to disappoint

I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• packersfan4eva
      Ryan Luxem
      • Dec 2008

My 'Chise Updates
      *Click on the Title of the Article to Read It*

2010-2011 NFL Preseason
      1: NFL Preseason Officially Underway
      2:
      Goodell Cracks Down on Drug Abusers
      3: AFC North Preview
      4: AFC South Preview
      5: Finally Retiring?
      6: Brett Favre.....is done?
      7: AFC East Preview
      8: NFC North Preview
      9: AFC West Preview
      10: NFC South Preview
      11: NFC East Preview
      12: Big-Name Free Agents Sign
      13: 2010 Hall of Fame Inductees
      Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-23-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
        Ryan Luxem
        • Dec 2008

Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
          Ryan Luxem
          • Dec 2008

Offense
          Defense
          Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
            Ryan Luxem
            • Dec 2008

Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-20-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
              Ryan Luxem
              • Dec 2008

Goodell Cracks Down on Drug Abusers

By James Tannenbaum
              Senior Executive Columnist
              __________________________________________________ __________________________

Johnny Jolly is walking out of the Green Bay Packers' weight training facility. It's late at night--my best guess would be about 11:30--and he is all alone, but that doesn't bother him; it's his only time to train these days. "I have to get my training in at some point," he said with a smile, "and since no one's here, what better time is there?"

Thanks to Rodger Goodell's new no-tolerance drug policy, Jolly has been suspended for the entire 2010 NFL season. Jolly was arrested in the December of 2008 for possession of codeine syrup, a NFL-banned substance. The Packers, obeying Goodell's recommendation, have barred Jolly from participating in any team practices for the majority of this season. Meaning that his only time to practice is after the team has abandoned the numerous facilities. "It hurts, not being able to play this year," he said. "I live for football, and having that opportunity taken from me is pretty painful."

The Packers aren't the only team to be hit with the suspension bug. Some teams, like the Philadelphia Eagles, only lost a small part of the team (Michael Vick might be suspended due to his involvement in a nightclub altercation). Other teams, like the Pittsburgh Steelers, have lost a major chunk of their team (Ben Rothlisberger is out for 6 games due to his sexual assault case), and possibly a chance at a Super Bowl.

"The list is long," said Goodell, referring to the amount of suspended players for the 2010 season, "but it will all work towards making the NFL a better, cleaner, drug-free league."

Will the suspensions work towards making the NFL drug-free and better? Probably. But in the mean time, what the hell are we supposed to do? Some of the best players in the league are missing a huge chunk of games. It's unbelievable.

For a complete list of suspended players, click HERE
              Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                Ryan Luxem
                • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: AFC North

The Baltimore Ravens. The Cleveland Browns. The Cincinnati Bengals. The Pittsburgh Steelers. The AFC North is arguably the most competitive division in all of the NFL. With three teams all capable of claiming first place and the automatic playoff position (and the Cleveland Browns looking for another 1st pick in the NFL Draft), the 2010 season will be very close and competitive. Who will come out on top?

---------------------------------------
                1st Place: Baltimore Ravens
                2009 Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 12-4 (1st)
                Major Additions: Donte' Stallworth (WR), Anquan Boldin (WR), Shayne Graham (K)
                Major Losses: Mark Clayton (WR), Samari Rolle (CB)
                Key Players (Off.): Joe Flacco (QB), Ray Rice (HB), Matt Birk (C)
                Key Players (Def.): Terrell Suggs (LB), Ray Lewis (LB), Ed Reed (FS)

The Ravens are set to have a terrific season this year. Their offense struggled at times in 2009, namely because Joe Flacco and Ray Rice were young, but with another year under their belts they should be better than ever. On the defensive side, if they keep doing what they do best, forcing turnovers, they should be able to win 11 or 12 games easily.

2nd Place: Cincinnati Bengals
                2009 Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (1st)
                2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (2nd)
                Major Additions: Germaine Gresham (TE), Mike Nugent (K), Jordan Shipley (WR)
                Major Losses: Larry Johnson (HB), Roy Williams (SS), Shayne Graham (K)
                Key Players (Off.): Carson Palmer (QB), Cedric Benson (HB), Chad Ochocinco (WR)
                Key Players (Def.): Jonathan Joseph (CB), Leon Hall (CB), Keith Rivers (LB)

The Bengals have a chance of winning the division. If Carson Palmer miraculously stays injury free for most of the season, and if Cedric Benson has the same success this year as he did in 2009, the Bengals could move up to 1st. Defense wins championships, however, and that's the reason why they are going to finish second. Their cornerbacks are great, with Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall shutting down most receivers, but apart from that they aren't very strong.

3rd Place: Pittsburgh Steelers
                2009 Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (3rd)
                2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (3rd)
                Major Additions: Jonathan Dwyer (HB), Antwan Randle-El (WR),
                Major Losses: Willie Parker (HB), Ben Rothlisberger (QB)
                Key Players (Off.): Rashard Mendenhall (HB), Hines Ward (WR), Heath Miller (TE)
                Key Players (Def.): Troy Polomalu (SS), Casey Hampton (DT), LaMarr Woodley (LB)

Ben Rothlisberger, the main focus of their offense, has been suspended for the first 6 games of the season, meaning that the Steelers will probably lose more than they win during the first half of the season. So if they want to stay in playoff contention, it will have to be their strong defense who carries them there. If they give up more than 21 or 28 points, they will lose every game.

4th Place: Cleveland Browns
                2009 Record (Div. Place): 5-11 (4th)
                2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (4th)
                Major Additions: Bobby Engram (WR), Joe Haden (CB), Jake Delhomme (QB)
                Major Losses: Derek Anderson (QB), Jamal Lewis (HB)
                Key Players (Off.): All 3 QB's, Josh Cribbs (WR)
                Key Players (Def.): Shaun Rodgers (DT), Sheldon Brown (CB)

While the Browns may have improved at every position, it won't be enough to do any better record-wise than they did last year. With the quarterback uncertainty at the moment (Brady Quinn, Jake Delhomme, and Colt McCoy are all battling for the starting job), the offense is completely out of sinc. Defensively? I got nothing to say. They just flat-out suck.

Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-23-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                  Ryan Luxem
                  • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: AFC South

The AFC South, contrary to popular belief, is not actually that great. Aside from the Colts, who dominate the NFL every season, the rest of the teams will be using all of their energy to break .500 this season. The Titans have Chris Johnson, but that's it. The Texans and Jaguars have nobody, as usual. So unless the NFL suddenly decides to shorten the season to 4 games, the AFC South will probably only see one playoff team.

1st Place: Indianapolis Colts

2009 Record (Div. Place): 14-2 (1st)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 13-3 (1st)
                  Major Additions: Javarris James (HB), Jerry Hughes (DE)
                  Major Losses: Marlin Jackson (CB), Raheem Brock (DE)
                  Key Players (Off.): Peyton Manning (QB), Jeff Saturday (C), Reggie Wayne (WR)
                  Key Players (Def.): Antoine Bethea (FS), Robert Mathis (DE), Dwight Freeney (DE)

The Colts, unsurprisingly, are my pick to win the Superbowl this season. It seems that every year they add more talent without losing any, which is apparent when you look at their "Major Losses" versus their "Major Additions." Their offense is unstoppable, led by Peyton Manning and their talented receiving corp. While they can't run the ball at all (last in the NFL in 2009 for rushing yards per game), they make up for it with their extremely quick defense. -

2nd Place: Tennessee Titans

2009 Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (3rd)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                  Major Additions: LeGarrette Blount (HB), Myron Rolle (FS),
                  Major Losses: Alge Crumpler (TE), Nick Harper (CB), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE)
                  Key Players (Off.): Chris Johnson (HB), Michael Roos (LT), Jake Scott (RG)
                  Key Players (Def.): Cortland Finnegan (CB), Michael Griffin (FS), Chris Hope (SS)

The Titans have excessive amounts of talent--it's just all at the wrong positions. Their offensive line is outstanding, but what's the point of blocking if you don't have a good quarterback or wide receiver? Defensively, they have good defensive backs, but that doesn't help if you can't stop the run (they have no reasonably good linebackers or defensive lineman.) The only way they can win is by creating turnovers and giving Chris Johnson--with his 99 speed and acceleration--30 or 35 carries a game.

3rd Place: Houston Texans

2009 Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (3rd)
                  Major Additions: Neil Rackers (K), Kareem Jackson (CB)
                  Major Losses: None
                  Key Players (Off.): Andre Johnson (WR), Matt Schuab (QB), Owen Daniels (TE)
                  Key Players (Def.): Mario Williams (DE), Bernard Pollard (SS), DeMeco Ryans (MLB)

The Houston Texans fans who think that this team can finally compete for a division championship are wrong for the 9th straight season. The Texans haven't gained or lost any significant players since last year, so teams will see much of the same game plan from the Texans as they did in '09; that will allow teams to better prepare for them, which will cause the Texans to lose a handful of games that they wouldn't ordinarily lose. They'll be lucky to get 8 wins.

4th Place: Jacksonville Jaguars

2009 Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (4th)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 6-10 (4th)
                  Major Additions: Aaron Kampman (DT), Tyson Alualu (DE)
                  Major Losses: Torry Holt (WR),
                  Key Players (Off.): Maurice Jones-Drew (HB), Eben Britton (RT), Mike Sims-Walker (WR)
                  Key Players (Def.): Rashean Mathis (CB), Terrance Knighton (DT), Daryl Smith (LOLB)

The Jaguars are doomed this season. Aside from nobody attending their games (as of today, the Jaguars haven't sold enough tickets to avoid blackouts), they aren't a very exciting team to watch. Their offense always stalls on second and third down because they have no decent quarterback to speak of and only one capable running back. Their defense will be stronger this year, thanks to the addition of Aaron Kampman (signed as a free-agent). Overall, however, this team will do poorly this year.
                  Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-24-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                    Ryan Luxem
                    • Dec 2008

Finally Retiring?

*ding* *dong*

A man dressed in wrangler jeans and a "Who's laughing now?" t-shirt walks slowly, with a mild limp, to the door. Even though he's only in his late 30's, his hair is already receding and turning gray and white, so he wears a Minnesota Twins baseball cap everywhere he goes. He glances through the peep hole, sees who it is, smiles, and flings the door open. After a brief exchange of hugs and words, the two men head into the house's kitchen. They both take a seat.

The visitor speaks up first.

"All right, no funny business. Are you comin' back?"

Silence.

"I dunno, man. Got so much goin' on right now."

"No offense, but I'm sick of this bullshit. Are you going to commit yourself to football? Are you comin' back?"

More silence. The man in the jeans leans back in his chair, on the verge of either cracking the chair legs or falling over.

"How much money we talkin' about here? How many practices do I have to attend?"

"You're going to be paid the same as last year, and yes, you have to attend every fucking practice. No special attention."

"No pay raise?"

"You're aging. And you might not even play all game every game. You're weaker than you were in your 20's, no denying it, and if you come back you might not be able to handle the same amount of work as you used to."

Another pause.

"So....even though I'm aging, you think the backup's better or as good as me?"

"You can't even walk right."

"I just had fucking surgery! You think imma walk right?"

"It won't be fine before the season starts. I know you too well. You'll try and cover it up, but we can all tell when your hurt.....if you do come back, you're splitting time with Jackson. End of discussion."

"I'm not splitting any of my god damn playing time. Unless I start all game every game and don't get subbed out unless I fuck myself up, I'm not playing."

The guest stands up, a small frown on his face.

"I guess that's it then. Either you retire or look for another job."

The limp man stands up as well.

"I appreciate the work you've done with me, coach. I've had a lot of fun playin' for you. I'll try and find a job elsewhere."

They shake hands over the table.

"We'll miss you, Brett."
                    Last edited by packersfan4eva; 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

Derrick Mason still plays for the Ravens.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                        Ryan Luxem
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                        Derrick Mason still plays for the Ravens.
                        WTF, you serious? I went on the Ravens website and it said under "transactions" that he had been released to free agency

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                          Ryan Luxem
                          • Dec 2008

Brett Favre...is done?

The future Hall-of-Famer might actually be done playing football.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloomington, MN - According to sources close to the Minnesota Vikings football team, Brett Favre and head coach Brad Childress could not agree on a contract, which means that Brett Favre will not return to the Vikings for the 2010-2011 season.

Neither Brett Favre or anybody associated with the Vikings was available for comment, but if this news is true, I am truly amazed. Brett Favre....not playing football? I can't imagine watching any football games without the never-aging star. In fact, I have watched nearly every game Favre has been apart of since he was drafted in '92. A whole season without seeing #4 behind center blows me away.

Of course, this may not be the case. From what I have read--and believe me, I have read at least 50 articles on Favre's potential retirement--Brett Favre never actually said he wasn't going to play again; he just said that he wouldn't play for the Vikings. I read on the "official" Minnesota Twitter page that Brett said he didn't want to split time with the backup quarterback, which was apparently what Brad Childress wanted to do, so if another team wants Brett to start the whole season he'll take the job. But if Brett moves teams again, it might damage his status as the greatest quarterback of all time. If you aren't willing to be loyal to an organization, why be the greatest? Dan Marino stuck with the Dolphins even though he never won a Super Bowl; Barry Sanders spent his whole career in Detroit even though the Lions suck; Dan Fouts played every single year with the Chargers. Why does Brett Favre have to keep jumping around the league? In my opinion, being great means being loyal as well as skilled, and Brett is lacking in the latter.

But in any event, this is huge news not just for the Minnesota Vikings, but for the rest of the NFL as well, because the National Football League might be losing one of its most iconic players in its history.

Comment

• beamerball811
                            Senior Year
                            • Nov 2009

Brady Quinn is in Denver.

Comment

• Fox1994
                              Posts too much
                              • Dec 2008

lol. wtf? I'm gonna follow, out of curiosity. :D

Comment

Working...