X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoodyallen
    hoodrow wilson
    • Dec 2009

I'm watching Winning Time: Reggie Miller Vs. The NY Knicks

It's fucking fantastic so far...love anything about the 90's Knicks and this is really well done.

stereoquality.us

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

lmao....Reggie Miller was an asshole

if he was a Knick He would have been beloved

Comment

• JBauerisGod
        ...is amazing.
        • Feb 2009

Matt Damon :heart:

Comment

• Misogi
          :misogi:
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Len B
          Stickying this, good idea.

Little disappointed thus far in the new Kidz in the Hall CD. Have to listen to it 3-5 times before I make an official judgement, though.
          I'm really getting tired of artists who really try to...sort of "Blueprint" their shit, coming with COMPLETELY different sounds when they aren't that established. Kidz in the Hall did that, having maybe one,two songs that you're used to from them, then having all this other shit come from everywhere else. Leave it to Jay-Z, give me more of your shit and change it when it's actually becoming a tired act.

Another artist that annoys me is Wale. I used to dig and hype this guy up really hard; then I started to listen to other artists after while. Upon returning to Wale I realize that he's just wack. He's a Pop rapper who tries WAY too hard to rap conscious (Which is why his lane is "gogo", and he sucks getting out of his lane. Besides "Shades", the songs where his flow is best and sound right are like "Ice Cream", "Sweatin Out Weaves", and "Pretty Girls", all gogo.). This should've been made apparent when Beautiful Bliss dropped and J.Cole absolutely anal-raped the shit out of him on his own track. Let a nig get 32 bars instead of 16 on your shit....shame, Wale.

About Drake peaking and falling off. Sorry, but I can't believe that just yet. I think when he first started to blow up (4-5 months after So Far Gone dropped), people just started loving him, and he because saturated, being like Lil Wayne and hopping on everyone's track (Fabolous, Jamie Foxx, etc. etc.). I don't think he's fallen off yet. The production he gets for most of his tracks is simply great, and his uber-simplistic flow, punchlines, and rhyme scheme seems to be a "one size fits all" for the beats he raps over. Thank Me Later won't be a complete bomb, but It won't make any hip-hop heads change their opinion of him because we all know he's gonna be singing over a lot of tracks.

Final opinion for now.

What the hell happened to Lupe's Right hand man Gemini/Gemstones/Demarco Castle? Troubles of the World was supposed to drop, and all we ever got from him were Untamed Beast and Testimony of Gemstones. I really think that he's like a rich man's drake in terms of Rapping and Singing. His flow is way nastier than Drake, he can sing better than Drake. Why didn't this dude blow up? Aside from the drastic change in topics of rapping between Untamed Beast and Testimony of Gemstones, his rapping skills were consistent, if not showing that he was getting better. Last I heard of him is that he retired from rap, found god, and was only gonna do Gospel music. I respect that, although for a couple years I wished that he would've blown up. Most of you aren't going to read this, so I'm just gonna drop some youtube vids of some nice Gemstones vids. If you listen to a lot of Lupe Fiasco, there's no doubt that you've heard Gemstones at LEAST once or twice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSDnz_fzr4"]YouTube- Gemstones a.k.a Gemini - My First 16[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJb2qtfQFkA"]YouTube- Bury Me A Gem- Gemstones[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poie0HhRV2s&feature=related"]YouTube- GemStones - Good Morning Freestyle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUgpbPVVMho"]YouTube- Never Give Up[/ame]

I know most of you won't read all of this, and I wouldn't be surprised to get at least 1 or 2 "Didn't Read LOL" gifs (Looking at you, Houston), but those were my random thoughts. Hope you liked the read.
          * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Marley
            Anyone but Erickson
            • Dec 2009

I seriously need to see Band of Brothers. Badly.

Comment

• Woy
              RIP West
              • Dec 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6PyB9Feu_k"]YouTube- J. Cole - Simba (Directed by BBGUN)[/ame]

Not sure when exact this came out, but it's the official video.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• hoodyallen
                hoodrow wilson
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by X Misogi
                Why didn't this dude blow up?
                Because he's not very good. Solid lyrical content but his flow is annoying, he sounds like he's yelling alot. Nothing about him sticks out for me and nothing he does is special.

Drake has always been terrible. Good read though.

stereoquality.us

Comment

• Fox1994
                  Posts too much
                  • Dec 2008

Just finished Resevoir Dogs. Pretty fucking excellent.

About Drake peaking and falling off. Sorry, but I can't believe that just yet. I think when he first started to blow up (4-5 months after So Far Gone dropped), people just started loving him, and he because saturated, being like Lil Wayne and hopping on everyone's track (Fabolous, Jamie Foxx, etc. etc.). I don't think he's fallen off yet. The production he gets for most of his tracks is simply great, and his uber-simplistic flow, punchlines, and rhyme scheme seems to be a "one size fits all" for the beats he raps over. Thank Me Later won't be a complete bomb, but It won't make any hip-hop heads change their opinion of him because we all know he's gonna be singing over a lot of tracks.
                  First cut I've heard off of Thank Me Later is Over, which is a perfect way to describe it... I knew signing with YM was a bad idea. It's a bad place t go for a developing artist... Everyone there wants to emulate Wayne because he's a successful artist, begrudgingly as I may say it.

As such, any shred of originality they may have had beforehand goes flying straight out the window upon inking that contract.

I had a lot of hope for Drake. I liked Congratulations, Successful, Goodnight and Goodluck, Say What's Real, Fear. That was my shit. Hell, just a few months ago.

And Ransom was so tight to me because he was doing Wayne's flow better than Wayne does Wayne's flow...

But it's all fallen apart.

Not to say it all sucks, but this fake-thug shit is redundant to me. All these set-claiming fake-bangers are boring the shit out of me.

Those songs by Drake I mentioned - I liked those because they were original. They were unique. They were about him. Now he's wrapped-up in this party all the time lifestyle. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's five thousand other hip-hop artists doing that same shit.

What else?

Deceiving was kind of a bitchy song, but at least it was him. Come Winter was him. That shit was Drake. Overdose on Life and anything by Wayne/YM that features Drake... It's just him copping-out. If that's who he is, now, I want no part of it...

I don't pay for albums. I download shit for free... But Lupe's my favorite artist, so I'm gonna put money aside to buy his shit. I'm gonna put money aside for She Wants Revenge and for Blackout! 2. Drake's not getting that love from my wallet.

I mean, it doesn't make any sense to me that you can squander all that talent like that... Sort of like how Wayne squanders his intelligence. (in my opinion)

Comment

• hoodyallen
                    hoodrow wilson
                    • Dec 2009

I'm trying to get into Jay Electronica and Jay Cole.

stereoquality.us

Comment

• Misogi
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994

First cut I've heard off of Thank Me Later is Over, which is a perfect way to describe it... I knew signing with YM was a bad idea. It's a bad place t go for a developing artist... Everyone there wants to emulate Wayne because he's a successful artist, begrudgingly as I may say it.

As such, any shred of originality they may have had beforehand goes flying straight out the window upon inking that contract.

I had a lot of hope for Drake. I liked Congratulations, Successful, Goodnight and Goodluck, Say What's Real, Fear. That was my shit. Hell, just a few months ago.

And Ransom was so tight to me because he was doing Wayne's flow better than Wayne does Wayne's flow...

But it's all fallen apart.

Not to say it all sucks, but this fake-thug shit is redundant to me. All these set-claiming fake-bangers are boring the shit out of me.

Those songs by Drake I mentioned - I liked those because they were original. They were unique. They were about him. Now he's wrapped-up in this party all the time lifestyle. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's five thousand other hip-hop artists doing that same shit.

What else?

Deceiving was kind of a bitchy song, but at least it was him. Come Winter was him. That shit was Drake. Overdose on Life and anything by Wayne/YM that features Drake... It's just him copping-out. If that's who he is, now, I want no part of it...

I don't pay for albums. I download shit for free... But Lupe's my favorite artist, so I'm gonna put money aside to buy his shit. I'm gonna put money aside for She Wants Revenge and for Blackout! 2. Drake's not getting that love from my wallet.

I mean, it doesn't make any sense to me that you can squander all that talent like that... Sort of like how Wayne squanders his intelligence. (in my opinion)
                      So basically, you dislike him because of the effect that Young Money has put on him? I understand that.

I'm curious about your opinion on songs like Goin In 4 Life, The Calm, and Extra Special.

Comment

• Misogi
                        • Oct 2008

JoJo Simmons lost.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-mAzgvGt0"]YouTube- Diggy Simmons | Made You Look Freestyle HQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbbPLwkzeY"]YouTube- Diggy "OVER" Freestyle [Run's Lil Boy][/ame]

Comment

• Fox1994
                          Posts too much
                          • Dec 2008

So basically, you dislike him because of the effect that Young Money has put on him? I understand that.

I'm curious about your opinion on songs like Goin In 4 Life, The Calm, and Extra Special.
                          Exactly. I have no love for YM. All I've been listening to for the last few weeks is GoodMusic. Cudi, Kanye, Lupe. It's nice.

Goin In 4 Life. That's the one I forgot.

I had to reset my PC's memory (reset it to the factory default) this weekend because it had become corrupted and inaccessible. As such, I haven't re-downloaded everything yet...

I like that one, too. The Calm reminds me of Goin in For Life, Say Whats Real, Fear. That type thing. Extra Special sorta reminds me of Come Winter.

So, ya, I like those.

Comment

• hoodyallen
                            hoodrow wilson
                            • Dec 2009

Hahhahahah, diggy killed it, that first video is definitely not a freestyle though.

stereoquality.us

Comment

• hoodyallen
                              hoodrow wilson
                              • Dec 2009

Drake is so fucking terrible.

stereoquality.us

Comment

• Lumpkin
                                Lets go Mets
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994

Couldn't agree more with the bold. over half the "We are young money" album is a who can do the best Wayne impression contest

Comment

Working...