X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trmszczykowski
    The Mountain recast
    • Nov 2010

The Good Neighbors (2010) 7/10
    Its a good movie, the rape scene between the cat lady, and the French whore, was hot.

Limitless 6/10
    It started off interesting, some parts where a bit dull, but still a good movie.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
      Thor - Better than 90% of superhero movies from the past five years/10
      You liked it?

I thought it was incredibly average as a whole.

Probably the weakest of the Avenger prequels so far.

Comment

• Palooza
        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
        • Feb 2009

I thought it was a bit above average.. 90% was an extremely exaggerated number, I just meant it was better than I was expecting since a majority of superhero movies being churned out lately have been well below average. I really liked Chris Helmsworth, but besides that everyone was meh. I sat there waiting for something to happen for 80 minutes and then all of a sudden the last 25 minutes are ballin. I think because it ended on such a good note I liked it more than I did throughout, if that makes sense.

It was nowhere near as good as Iron Man, Watchmen, Kick Ass, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Spidey 1 and 2, X-Men or X2 but most certainly better than everything else - Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, the Hulk, Fantastic Four 1 and 2, X-Men 3, Wolverine, Spidey 3, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Daredevil (there's probably some I'm forgetting).

Comment

• stevsta
          ¿Que?
          • Oct 2008

I thought it was a bit above average.. 90% was an extremely exaggerated number, I just meant it was better than I was expecting since a majority of superhero movies being churned out lately have been well below average. I really liked Chris Helmsworth, but besides that everyone was meh. I sat there waiting for something to happen for 80 minutes and then all of a sudden the last 25 minutes are ballin. I think because it ended on such a good note I liked it more than I did throughout, if that makes sense.

It was nowhere near as good as Iron Man, Watchmen, Kick Ass, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Spidey 1 and 2, X-Men or X2 but most certainly better than everything else - Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, the Hulk, Fantastic Four 1 and 2, X-Men 3, Wolverine, Spidey 3, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Daredevil (there's probably some I'm forgetting).
          I concur with paloozas above statement

while thor certainly was not perfect and had too much romance (really slowed it down) the action and effects were great as well as Hennsworth's portrayal as thor
          RIP

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
            True Blue
            • Feb 2009

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
              shit, me too.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

I'd put Iron Man 2 ahead of it slightly, even though that was a pretty average film (I'd say they were a push if it came to shove) I definitely would put the Norton Hulk ahead of it (it was pretty decent). The rest of those flicks are trash and yeah, Thor is a bit better than those. lol.

Comment

• Palooza
                  Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  I'd put Iron Man 2 ahead of it slightly, even though that was a pretty average film (I'd say they were a push if it came to shove) I definitely would put the Norton Hulk ahead of it (it was pretty decent). The rest of those flicks are trash and yeah, Thor is a bit better than those. lol.
                  They're just trying too hard with all this Avengers stuff. The comic book/superhero nonsense is getting out of hand. I did like the Hawkeye sighting, though. Jeremy Renner is my dude.

Cap America looks decent, Green Lantern looks like shite and X-Men: First Class looks promising. However, they'll all be blown out of the water next summer by TDKR.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

I think X-Men and Capt. America look promising, but I don't think they'll be high end. I just kind of dig movies that re-write history or integrates characters into history in a different way, so those two might be kind of cool in that regard.

I just have a feeling the Avengers film in general, will flop in regards to quality (but, it'll make lots of fuckin money).

Maybe the villain for The Avengers was set up at the end of Thor...certainly could be, but yeah...too much for a 2hr movie will The Avengers be.

Comment

• Champ
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Oct 2008

Just watched Lies and Alibis. Pretty decent movie.

Comment

• Buzzman
                        • Oct 2008

I loved Thor because I thought Loki was awesome and Thor was hilarious. I laughed more times in Thor than any other Superhero flick. I also walked in with the lowest possible expectations because lets all be honest it had some of the worst trailers and posters.

Comment

• Houston
                          Back home
                          • Oct 2008

Comment

• Buzzman
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Houston
                            What did you think of it?

Comment

• Leftwich
                              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
                              What did you think of it?
                              For a chick flick, i loved it.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Buzzman
                                • Oct 2008

I thought Harrison Ford in that movie was hilarious.

Comment

Working...