• Feb 2009

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Five Stars.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011 remake) - **** stars

Go see it if it's still in your local theater(s).

Just know going in that it doesn't fuck around with the mature subject matter involved.

Gross misuse of State power for BJs, Anal Rape (twice), multiple murders, incest, animal killing...

Alternatively, Lisbeth/10

Comment

• Palooza
        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
        • Feb 2009

the Ides of March - cynical, in the best way/10
        Midnight in Paris - I fell asleep halfway through, gotta re-watch/10

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
          Amerson For Thorpe!
          • Mar 2010

loved it, actually liked it a lot more than The Fighter
          "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Caught Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo this afternoon.

Fucking fantastic. Felt a bit anti-climactic with the drawn out conclusion but a worthy remake to be sure. Really enjoyed the work of the two leads, and the film looks and sounds amazing throughout.

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

Moneyball - Don't really care for baseball, but I LOVED this/10

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
                Moneyball - Don't really care for baseball, but I LOVED this/10
                I find it interesting that everyone I know who saw this and doesn't really care for baseball has loved it. I liked it too but I'm surprised at how much women and non-baseball liking men have enjoyed it.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Re-watched Bridesmaids last night. Still the best comedy of 2011. Haters can suck it.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                    ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                    • Oct 2008

Does anyone else have a hard time gauging the quality of a remake film? I can't help but constantly draw direct comparisons to the original the entire time and it really makes it hard for me to tell how much I enjoyed it for some reason. This has been the case for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Let Me In, and Quarantine.

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
                      Does anyone else have a hard time gauging the quality of a remake film? I can't help but constantly draw direct comparisons to the original the entire time and it really makes it hard for me to tell how much I enjoyed it for some reason. This has been the case for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Let Me In, and Quarantine.
                      Sometimes. If it's a shot-for-shot remake, it won't really sit well with me, and I find it hard to judge those on a deeper level if I've seen the original.

Remakes like The Departed and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that have changed enough to the story, shots, or atmosphere to make it feel like a different movie are easier to digest and judge on their own.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Heaven Help Us -- an 80s comedy/drama about a group of rebellious high school kids in a 1960s catholic school. A young Andrew McCarthy and Kevin Dillon are great...a fun flick.

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                          Amerson For Thorpe!
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                          I find it interesting that everyone I know who saw this and doesn't really care for baseball has loved it. I liked it too but I'm surprised at how much women and non-baseball liking men have enjoyed it.

yeah I don't like baseball, but I've been dying to watch it ever since I saw the trailer

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                          Re-watched Bridesmaids last night. Still the best comedy of 2011. Haters can suck it.

"It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                            True Blue
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Heaven Help Us -- an 80s comedy/drama about a group of rebellious high school kids in a 1960s catholic school. A young Andrew McCarthy and Kevin Dillon are great...a fun flick.
                            one of my favorite movies

Comment

• Palooza
                              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                              • Feb 2009

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is NOT a remake. It is a re-interpretation of the novel. The writer of the film, Steve Zallian has never seen the Swedish films.

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
                                The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is NOT a remake. It is a re-interpretation of the novel. The writer of the film, Steve Zallian has never seen the Swedish films.
                                It depends on how you define a remake. They didn't set out to copy or alter the first film, but they did make another film adaptation from the novel (which I consider a remake since another adaptation already exists).

Comment

Working...