This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sharkweather
    • Jul 2009

Ranking the first ten movies I have seen since working at the theater.

10. Wreck-It Ralph
    9. Twilight 5
    8. Red Dawn
    7. Gangster Squad
    6. Broken City
    5. Side Effects
    4. The Hobbit
    3. Zero Dark Thirty
    2. Argo
    1. Django

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

ehhhhhhhh.........almost like The Green Mile but with Denzel.

waste of time......dumbest one of them all but verizon owed me a free rental, so used it on this
      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Youk
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Watched Margin Call today. I personally enjoyed it because of the subject matter, but beyond that it really had a nice pace to it. It wasn't too slow where it became boring, but it was slow enough to understand the implications of what was occurring.

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

Amazing

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Side Effects - Very good flick with a lot of layers. I expected it to be some pharma-version of Contagion and it went in a completely other direction and it worked.
            Perks of Being A Wallflower - Top 7 film of the year, for me. So damn good. Maybe it is because Emma Watson with short hair looks like my post-HS GF that was a good friend of mine in HS...but she looked fire in this film. Characters were deep and well portrayed. Probably the best "teen" coming of age story in a LONG time.

Comment

• Houston
              Back home
              • Oct 2008

Was planning on skimming through to my favorite parts, but ended up watching the whole thing.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

A Good Day to Die Hard - I'm a huge fan of the series, so of course I was going to see this one day 1. I'll start off by saying it's definitely the weakest of the series. It's not bad, just doesn't pull you in. The main problem I have with this one is the antagonist. He just doesn't grab your attention. When he dies, you're just sitting like thinking "meh, whatever." It's not like when Hans Gruber fell off the building, when John blew up the plane, when he took down Simon Gruber's helicopter, or even when he shot himself to kill Thomas Gabriel. You didn't feel that 'hell yeah' moment when bad guy died, b/c you just didn't really give a rats ass about him in the first place. Other than that, it wasn't bad and I think they just missed having something decent with this one. Give the movie another 30-45 minutes and make the villain some character and make him feel like a villain.

My ranking of the five movies: 1, 3, 4, 2, 5

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Quvenzhané Wallis is a damn force in this flick.
                  Life of Pi - Good, but missed on key Bollywood dancing sequence.
                  Les Miserables - Good adaptation...but its long and lost me a few times.
                  Amour - I say this with no hyperbole...saddest movie I've ever seen. 2h7m of despair watching an old lady die.

Comment

• Youk
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

I've never watched any Die Hard movie, so a few days ago I said fuck it and watched all 4. I'll be honest, I think my attention waned by the 4th, because I just turned it off, and I ranked them in the exact order they came out (1, 2, 3, 4). I've been told 2 is the worst, though I enjoyed it more than 3, but I think by hour 6 of McClain I was done.

Comment

• Palooza
                      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                      • Feb 2009

McClane can't carry the movie on his own. The second one sucks because he gets no help - The original he has Alan Rickman, the 3rd he has Sam Jackson and Jeremy Irons and the 4th has Timothy Olyphant. I rank them 1,3,4,2. Won't see the 5th until there is a DVDrip, but you'll be sure to see it in my 2013 in film thread next year.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

West of Memphis - pretty amazing stuff. especially the stuff about terry hobbs

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                          ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                          • Oct 2008

I guess this is for Houston/Dell, I dunno if anyone else is really into old movies. I have to write a term paper about 2 filmsfrom the same non-English pre-WWII director (that we didn't watch in class). I'm deciding between:

Lang's M and Testament of Dr. Mabuse
                          Renoir's La Grande Illusion and either Boudu Saved From Drowning or The Lower Depths
                          Buñuel's L'Age d'Or and Los Olvidados

Comment

• dell71
                            Enter Sandman
                            • Mar 2009

If it matters, I'm a huge fan of M so I'd go with Lang.

Comment

• Leftwich
                              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Terrible acting by most everyone except Brittany Snow and the one guy who runs the thing. If you like to squirm in your seat this is a good movie to watch but beware the acting is ass.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Aso
                                The Serious House
                                • Nov 2008

Looper - fucking amazing movie in my opinion. I loved it.

I definitely want that leather jacket too.

Comment

Working...