• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x0xHumblex0x
    Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
    • Jul 2010

DJango Unchained.......
    very cool movie.
    Tarantino with another great one. up there with Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1 & 2
    3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Evil Dead (2013) - Completely different film than the original. Same concept and potential for continuity chronologically for story telling purposes, but not any kind of "-make" or "re-imagining". I could take this movie at face value and not need to compare, basically, but I did like that there was some sort of continuity from the original. The movie was cruising really well for a while...

THEN

They had that David character bury his sister so that she can come back to life which extended the movie an extra 15 minutes and in that 15 minutes

they basically fucked up what was otherwise, a really good interpretation that could stand on its own for that extra umph at the end of the movie.

Also, the kicker for the after credits scene...Mick Foley thought that was a cheap pop.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Jurassic Park 3D - This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Loved it then, and it still holds a ton of nostalgic value for me now. Tons of fun one liners. The film surprisingly holds up very well despite the Oregon Trail oriented computers and catching on that Jon Hammond says "...spared no expense" 14 times in the film. The Dinosaurs and environment of Jurassic Park looks infinitely better still today than most of the stuff they put out in 2013...I dunno if that is a testament to the film or the shame of today's films.

There were some scenes that were incredibly awesome to see in 3D...but there were tons of them that didn't come out well for me...pretty blurry. Also, anything other than eyes directly on the screen, facing forward and the picture distorted for me. I've not had that issue with films made for 3D...haven't really seen a post-production 3D conversion of a film other than JP...so maybe that's just one of the quirks that come with the conversion over making the film for 3D.

Overall, Jurassic Park is always must-watch...but I feel it was probably a bit unnecessary to watch it in 3D.

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

I'm not one for DVD's but I gotta pick this one up, Hitchcockesque stuff.

Comment

• Palooza
            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
            • Feb 2009

Gangster Squad - a mess/10
            Broken City - the whole plot is in the trailer/10
            Stand Up Guys - horrible/10

Comment

• manchild24
              Kyle got fired
              • Nov 2008

Total Recall (remake) -wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment

• Houston
                Back home
                • Oct 2008

Anime geek alert:

The ending of Chronice was definitely Akira inspired. Might not have picked up on it if it weren't for the hospital rags.

Comment

• Palooza
                  Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                  • Feb 2009

The Place Beyond the Pines - the first third of the movie was amazing, the rest? eh/10

Comment

• Pitty
                    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                    • Feb 2009

Takashi Miiike never disappoints.

Comment

• Houston
                      Back home
                      • Oct 2008

Masterpiece. Very different from his other work, surprised to see how haunting it was at times. Wrote it after having a conversation with Gandhi who complained about certain aspects of machinery. Really worth watching

Comment

• Houston
                        Back home
                        • Oct 2008

Watching Cabin in the Woods made me re-realize how great Wrong Turn is.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

watched wreck it ralph last night. i would give it 8/10 - i was surrised at how good of a story it had. i didnt know it was based on video games and arcades which was a huge bonus.

just to give an idea of how much i enjoyed this movie, my kids fell asleep about 45 mins in and i kept watching till the end

Comment

• Houston
                            Back home
                            • Oct 2008

Comment

• dell71
                              Enter Sandman
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Houston

Masterpiece. Very different from his other work, surprised to see how haunting it was at times. Wrote it after having a conversation with Gandhi who complained about certain aspects of machinery. Really worth watching
                              Been telling myself for years I'm going to run through Chaplin's filmography. I've never seen any of his films in their entirety. Thanx.

Btw, one of my fave silent films is made by CC's rival, Buster Keaton - The General. Brilliant stuff. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Comment

• manchild24
                                Kyle got fired
                                • Nov 2008

watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. off the wall but its entertaining. Some cool fight scenes

Comment

Working...